Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

stitch2008

Hey Lee, I have a question regarding the Cinderella M&G. If memory serves, they indicated at D23 that they would have an effect where she would transform from servent clothes to her ball gown. It sounded like a new effect of some kind. Now maybe I'm just behind in my knowledge but is that a new effect and if the M&G are not happening could we see that effect still somewhere else?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Please expound on that.

facepalm_anim_test-03.gif

:ROFLOL:

Crazy Harry

Frankly I think Disney could have come up with something a little better than yet another mine train coaster since there's already one in the land next door. Plus I'm still not keen on the idea of closing SWSA. On the plus side, no meet and greets where you make birthday cards.

The way I think about it is it is nice when a land has some balance in terms of the attraction/entertainment offerings. So, in my mind it makes sense to utilize that space for a new thrill ride (even if the thrills are relatively minor) to create a better balance (dark ride vs thrills). If another dark ride went there, then there might not be any more room for another thrill. Also, this is probally a pretty cost effective measure considering the money they are already spending on this project.

Also, the seven dwarfs mine is the perfect theme for a thrill in Fantasy land (IMO) which allows them to potentially add both a new thrill and a new dark ride (in place of SWSA) but keep the Snow White theme. And, going on the theory that the new Snow White attraction will be more popular than the current ride, and eventually add a new dark ride which will be in theory just as popular as the other two existing dark rides in Fantasy land, then it is a winning scenario all the way around.

Crazy Harry

:lol: Yup. Unfortunately thats the way it is with a lot of people. And I HATE this:

"We would also like to go to Disney Universal".

:brick::mad::brick::mad:

That is sooo annoying!

People actually say this?!?! I understand that they must mean Disney Studios, but seriously? :hammer: This is by no means a judgement, but one would think that when parents take their kids somewhere they would know a little about it and do a little research. However, it's a big no no to us, but maybe in reality we are just sweating the details.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I was told by someone that worked at DHS that the first week of HP at Universal, hundreds of people where asking cast members at DHS directions to the HP ride thinking it was in DHS.

Magenta Panther

It makes sense to me, and here's why. Families with young kids will come to WDW looking for "The Snow White Ride". There's really no call for confusing things with the two rides.

I like the original attraction, but won't cry Horizons-style-tears if it gives way to something larger and more advanced.

We, as fans, can't have it all, it seems. I'm just glad to see the new area taking shape . . . and am looking forward to the new attraction!

I agree. The more I read about this mine ride, the better I feel about it.

I sympathize with those who would miss the Snow White dark ride. But to me, it's not that great. As a simple dark ride, it's not even as clever as the Peter Pan ride. Maybe the new mine ride will incorporate Snow White into its backstory, maybe even as an AA? That would be cool.

the-reason14

So what is exactly will take the old snow whites ride place? The pinocchio ride from DL, Alice ride also from DL? Or will it be a meet n greet or shop? I won't be devastated to see it go either as it's not in my top list. But it just upsets me that they're expanding and have all this room, but still have to get rid of a classic ride.

Tybee

So what is exactly will take the old snow whites ride place? The pinocchio ride from DL, Alice ride also from DL? Or will it be a meet n greet or shop? I won't be devastated to see it go either as it's not in my top list. But it just upsets me that they're expanding and have all this room, but still have to get rid of a classic ride.

I doubt it's in many people's top list. Unlike Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Peter Pan's Flight -- small-scale dark rides with which people seem to form deep affinity -- I feel like SWSA is a liked but not loved dark ride that most people could take or leave, especially if trading it in meant getting something bigger and better.

_Scar

I don't care if thematically it fits in that spot or not, I think a PatF dark ride would be AMAZING if done correctly.

Well, there is land on the north shore of FrLand.

IMO, you can't do PatF without Tiana's Palace on the river!

OH- and I think PatF is one of the greatest things to come out of WDC. Here's to hoping this will happen in one park around the world. :)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, there is land on the north shore of FrLand.

IMO, you can't do PatF without Tiana's Palace on the river!

OH- and I think PatF is one of the greatest things to come out of WDC. Here's to hoping this will happen in one park around the world. :)

I'd be totally in for both of those. Tiana's Place restaurant needs to happen for sure. I always thought they'd do it at POR or POFQ, but if they wanted to do it up right at MK with a PatF ride and Tiana's Place, that would be amazing!

Lee

Adventurer
I'd be totally in for both of those. Tiana's Place restaurant needs to happen for sure.

Tianna's restaurant was proposed for the FLE early on.
Didn't make the cut.

But then, neither did the mine ride and you see what happened there....
Never say never.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom