Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

jt04

Tianna's restaurant was proposed for the FLE early on.
Didn't make the cut.

But then, neither did the mine ride and you see what happened there....
Never say never.

I'd like to add my name to the list that would love to see this added to the FLE. Very interesting possibilities.

Horizonsfan

Didn't make the cut.

Never say never.

Lee is there any way you could in the future (your discretion as to when that is) list out the items for FLE that didn't end up making the cut? I think it would be a really interesting read.:wave:

SeaCastle

Lee is there any way you could in the future (your discretion as to when that is) list out the items for FLE that didn't end up making the cut? I think it would be a really interesting read.:wave:

Others probably know better, but here's what I remember:

- Budget at $600-700 mil
- Snow White dark ride becomes Beauty and the Beast dark ride
- Snow White mine train (more or less what we're getting)
- Tiana's Restaurant
- Cartoon Corners...E-ticket...very NextGen dark ride with classic Mickey? I''m not sure about that one.
- Mermaid, perhaps a true E-ticket withLPS? Or mmaybe it was always planned as an Omnimover since the expansion was mooted in '04-'06. Not too sure about that.

There was probably more, but that's all I everr heard.

BriEcho3194

Didn't make the cut.

Never say never.

WHAT?! I am shocked! That would have been amazing! PatF has everything for both boys and girls! The Dark ride would have been amazing! I can even see it now! Maybe NextGen Queue. LOL Now I want PatF dark ride to go in! and also why is there not Beauty and the Beast Dark ride? Just wondering :)

Tom

Beta Return
WHAT?! I am shocked! That would have been amazing! PatF has everything for both boys and girls! The Dark ride would have been amazing! I can even see it now! Maybe NextGen Queue. LOL Now I want PatF dark ride to go in! and also why is there not Beauty and the Beast Dark ride? Just wondering :)

Money. So we get a mountain, a couple restaurants, and a MnG instead.

_Scar

Didn't make the cut.

Never say never.

Well, I guess BatB had a few years on ole' Tiana- but I predict 90's status will come to Tiana.... which of course means gradual acclaim and millions of fans and neglect throughout the parks. Mulan, Hercules, Hunchback, Aladdin, HELLO?! :lol:

What was Tiana's proposed restaurant like if you could share?

JustInTime

Well, I guess BatB had a few years on ole' Tiana- but I predict 90's status will come to Tiana.... which of course means gradual acclaim and millions of fans and neglect throughout the parks. Mulan, Hercules, Hunchback, Aladdin, HELLO?! :lol:

What was Tiana's proposed restaurant like if you could share?

I don't think there is much to share if you have seen the movie, really.

Magenta Panther

Others probably know better, but here's what I remember:

-Cartoon Corners...E-ticket...very NextGen dark ride with classic Mickey? I''m not sure about that one.

Oh wow...wouldn't it be great if this idea was resurrected as a dark ride based on Epic Mickey? AWESOMENESS!!! :sohappy:

Neverland

Didn't make the cut.

Never say never.

I'd really, really, really like to see that somewhere. It doesn't really fit in Fantasyland, but I would be beyond excited if Disney were to build Tiana's Palace somewhere. Anywhere. (Port Orleans?)

raven

Actually Tiana's Palace and many other themes from Princess & the Frog were once a blue sky concept for TSI. But that kinda stuff always gets shoved to the back depending on how well the movies are accepted. They wait a couple years to see if it still has staying power before they look into it any further.

cbconglom

Actually Tiana's Palace and many other themes from Princess & the Frog were once a blue sky concept for TSI. But that kinda stuff always gets shoved to the back depending on how well the movies are accepted. They wait a couple years to see if it still has staying power before they look into it any further.

which is very strange since beauty and the beast and aladdin were very well accepted and both have great potential for attractions and yet..

Neverland

which is very strange since beauty and the beast and aladdin were very well accepted and both have great potential for attractions and yet..

Aladdin has one, it's just not very good, and BatB has a show that's been running for nearly 20 years. So they're represented with attractions, it's just not the way that people would like them to be represented. (I want the Aladdin show from DCA. Please, Disney?)

raven

Yet...between DL and WDW both BatB and Aladdin have stage shows at least. Not all animation needs to be turned into rides. Shows and restaurants are great ways to use their themes as well.

Krack

If I had to bet ... I'd guess that the move of the princesses into the SWSA ride space will be permanent and that it will get an internal makeover resembling the back rooms of the Animation Academy building in DCA (the ones designed to look like rooms in a castle).

meganwdw

I'm all for the expansion, but am not a fan of losing Snow White. That ride is a classic and one that I always look foward to. I think I'm most disappointed that my twins won't have a chance to ride it before I take them next fall.

jt04

They should just do this. It would work with the only problem being that they may need to devise a retractable bridge to handle the foot traffic and still allow the riverboat to function. But it would be a great addition and I know it's popularity would exceed anyone's expectations. Especially if it had an actual attraction added to the island. This and the new FLE would really be effective at spreading out MK crowds too. win-win-win-win

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom