Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

PhilharMagician

I like that idea! Why has that building(s) been closed up for so long? They only open it for special events as far as I've seen. What'd it use to be?

A restaurant, but really does not seem all that big inside of there. I believe it shared kitchens with Liberty Tree Tavern at one time. There was also some talk not long ago anout it becoming a pirate themed restaurant which would fit right into Adventureland.

I have seen it open in the past few years for:
MNSSHP for trick or treat and character meet and greet.
MVMCP (quite a few years ago when the party included free pictures) it was used as an area to take pictures. They had photographers set up with multiple lines and you got you picture taken. ( they also had a second location in Timekeeper)

misterID

Box Office Mojo has the total take at $267,045,756. The film's budget was $105 million.

Yeah, the movie actually made a lot of money (and double that figure with DVD sales which make Disney and any other studio much more money than theater runs). I think people forget that it was released so close to Avatar, too. That was a big hit to it and a bunch of other films.

I'd love to see P&tF somewhere in the parks. I know the movie didn't do as well as people hoped it would, but even to a non-animation fan like me, it's a beautiful movie. It's difficult to think where Tiana would really fit in the MK without taking out something major and going against theming, but maybe DHS which certainly needs . . . something? I have a preschool aged daughter and whoever said that P&tF merchandise flies of the shelves is right--it's very popular from what I can tell.

I'd love to see P&tF somewhere in the parks. I know the movie didn't do as well as people hoped it would, but even to a non-animation fan like me, it's a beautiful movie. It's difficult to think where Tiana would really fit in the MK without taking out something major and going against theming, but maybe DHS which certainly needs . . . something? I have a preschool aged daughter and whoever said that P&tF merchandise flies of the shelves is right--it's very popular from what I can tell.

This I can't figure out. :shrug: I guess more and more people like the CGI stuff, and I think it certainly has its place, but I still love the classic ways of animation. My husband and I were talking about this last night (watching it on Showtime). For us, it was an instant classic, done in the beautiful animation ways of old. And the music was awesome! So to your point, I, too, would LOVE to see more of P&theF in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom