Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

Horizonsfan

Still a possiblilty.
From the beginning I have heard that the SWSA building would be a temporary home for the Princesses. Temporary to the point that the bus bar ride system would remain intact inside the building.

Where they would go after that....not sure.

I'm really glad to hear that. It does seem ridiculous to take up a whole ride building with M&Gs. It also would be nice to have another original or new c-ticket ride open up down the road.

I wonder, if they kept the ride system in tact, would they just raise up the whole "floor" or do something else? Would they rip the rest of the ride down to the studs? Oh the questions!:lol:

spectromagic04

Still a possiblilty.
From the beginning I have heard that the SWSA building would be a temporary home for the Princesses. Temporary to the point that the bus bar ride system would remain intact inside the building.

I am glad to hear it's still a possibility.

Lee

Adventurer
That's reassuring. Sounds like the princesses would be restricted to just the queue area then.
No, no..let me clarify...
The M&G would occupy the entire show space, and be quite well done.
There would even be a merch location attached in the existing shop next door.

The ride system would be covered by a raised floor. Sets and props would of course be long gone.

the-reason14

Sounds good imo, but what bothers me is the proposed demolition of Snow White. Why would they do that again? To me, they have all this space more than Disneyland can ever imagine, and yet it's fantasyland will still have more to do ride wise then WDW's upon completion. Why mess with a classic ride when there's no need and so much room. I don't get that and thats the only thing that I do not like.

Atomicmickey

Sounds good imo, but what bothers me is the proposed demolition of Snow White. Why would they do that again? To me, they have all this space more than Disneyland can ever imagine, and yet it's fantasyland will still have more to do ride wise then WDW's upon completion. Why mess with a classic ride when there's no need and so much room. I don't get that and thats the only thing that I do not like.

It makes sense to me, and here's why. Families with young kids will come to WDW looking for "The Snow White Ride". There's really no call for confusing things with the two rides.

I like the original attraction, but won't cry Horizons-style-tears if it gives way to something larger and more advanced.

We, as fans, can't have it all, it seems. I'm just glad to see the new area taking shape . . . and am looking forward to the new attraction!

inluvwithbeast

Well, what are the reactions? And to what are you referring to? The Snow White ride?

Those Disney purists... Where every ride addition should be a true, old-fashioned dark ride, but an E-ticket too. And no rides should ever be taken out of the park (with the exception of SGE and MILF).

I am referring to Snow White. I think that to keep the park relevant and fresh, you need to be not only adding and updating, but replacing. So we're losing Snow White. So people have fond memories attached to it. They're not losing their memories. They'll just have a new ride to make new memories with. A new ride with new technology and improved quality (hopefully of course).

If a ride like SWSA in tech/quality/etc was added to the park now, people would be livid. They would accuse TDO of being cheap. Jus' sayin'.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It makes sense to me, and here's why. Families with young kids will come to WDW looking for "The Snow White Ride". There's really no call for confusing things with the two rides.

I like the original attraction, but won't cry Horizons-style-tears if it gives way to something larger and more advanced.

We, as fans, can't have it all, it seems. I'm just glad to see the new area taking shape . . . and am looking forward to the new attraction!

Snow White would have her ride and the Dwarfs would have their ride. Nothing confusing to me.

Fable McCloud

See, I have to say that when I think of mine cart rides, I think of Indiana Jones. Why couldn't we keep SWSA, give it a little refurbishment, and introduce a mine cart chase ride at Hollywood Studios for Indy? I think that would be a great way to get another thrill ride, keep people happy with SWSA and allow yet another chance to have an adventure with Indy.

Atomicmickey

Snow White would have her ride and the Dwarfs would have their ride. Nothing confusing to me.

I know . . . nothing confusing to the people who visit this, and other boards.

A brief explanation: As I have been to Disney a fair amount, and visit boards like these on the internets tubes, in my community of friends and family I've become the "go to guy" for advice on trip planning. I'm a rank amateur compared to tons of people out there, of course, but I can still point people in some good directions.

So I have, several times a year, experience talking with and interacting with "average families" going to WDW. I think that people out here on the boards and in the fan community really don't understand how "regular folks" view WDW. And "regular folks" make up about, I'd say, 99 percent of WDW's guests.

I've heard things like
"I thought Epcot was just that big ball."
"We would also like to go to Disney Universal".
"There was a <fill in the blank> there? Never saw it."
"All we did was stand in line."
"I thought there would be a Mickey ride".
etc.

People just don't think. They book the trip, and then meander. The kids often know more than the parents. "I want to go on THE Snow White ride!"

I can imagine someone coming back--a friend told them "you just HAVE to go on the Snow White Mine Car Ride". They come back from the trip and say "it wasn't really a mine car, it was a little buggy and we went slowly past the witch and stuff. It wasn't really thrilling like you said it was." Really! This is how people do things. "You should have gone on the other one, it was back in the forest area." "Really? We didn't go back there. Britney dropped her Mickey Bar and had a fit, and Sasha wanted a hundred dollar stuffed animal so we had to go."

So, small rant mode off, I guess. Point is, I totally get why Disney would only want one Snow White ride. It's bad enough having to explain to parents that the Nemo RIDE is in EPCOT, and the Nemo SHOW is in the Animal Kingdom. And no, those are not two different lands in the Magic Kingdom, which is the park with the castle in it, that's like Disneyland.

Etc . . . you get what I mean.

WDWmazprty

I know . . . nothing confusing to the people who visit this, and other boards.

A brief explanation: As I have been to Disney a fair amount, and visit boards like these on the internets tubes, in my community of friends and family I've become the "go to guy" for advice on trip planning. I'm a rank amateur compared to tons of people out there, of course, but I can still point people in some good directions.

So I have, several times a year, experience talking with and interacting with "average families" going to WDW. I think that people out here on the boards and in the fan community really don't understand how "regular folks" view WDW. And "regular folks" make up about, I'd say, 99 percent of WDW's guests.

I've heard things like
"I thought Epcot was just that big ball."
"There was a <fill in the blank> there? Never saw it."
"All we did was stand in line."
"I thought there would be a Mickey ride".
etc.

People just don't think. They book the trip, and then meander. The kids often know more than the parents. "I want to go on THE Snow White ride!"

I can imagine someone coming back--a friend told them "you just HAVE to go on the Snow White Mine Car Ride". They come back from the trip and say "it wasn't really a mine car, it was a little buggy and we went slowly past the witch and stuff. It wasn't really thrilling like you said it was." Really! This is how people do things. "You should have gone on the other one, it was back in the forest area." "Really? We didn't go back there. Britney dropped her Mickey Bar and had a fit, and Sasha wanted a hundred dollar stuffed animal so we had to go."

So, small rant mode off, I guess. Point is, I totally get why Disney would only want one Snow White ride. It's bad enough having to explain to parents that the Nemo RIDE is in EPCOT, and the Nemo SHOW is in the Animal Kingdom. And no, those are not two different lands in the Magic Kingdom, which is the park with the castle in it, that's like Disneyland.

Etc . . . you get what I mean.

:lol: Yup. Unfortunately thats the way it is with a lot of people. And I HATE this:

:brick::mad::brick::mad:

That is sooo annoying!

Fable McCloud

I agree that it is annoying when you know a lot about Disney, but then there are people who know nothing except that it's in Florida, and Mickey is there.

There's so much more to it than that. I think "average" people should have to watch a movie on the ins and outs, like the vacation planning dvd they send out for FREE if you ask. It highlights all the cool stuff that people may not know about.

montyz81

I don't get it, why do another mine ride. This seams allot like Paul Teutel Jr's attempt at recreation of the same theme. Move on and do something else.

redshoesrock

I don't get it, why do another mine ride. This seams allot like Paul Teutel Jr's attempt at recreation of the same theme. Move on and do something else.

You need a Snow White ride in Fantasyland, and Disney wants an attraction there that will appeal just as much to boys as to girls. A mine ride coaster fits perfectly with the Seven Dwarfs' mine, and can free up the space where SWSA is as a future home for another book report ride (Alice? Pinocchio? A new one based on a classic? How about if Tangled is a huge hit and we get a Rapunzel ride there?)

majortom1981

I never understood why build another meet and greet location for cinderella .Doesn't she have her own huge castle at thecenter of the park that also has its own reservation dinner?

RSoxNo1

After all this hype from Juan about how pleased we would be with the changes, the new project just ends up being a kiddie coaster.

I agree I never liked the meet and greets, I just thought the coaster would be on a larger scale.

What kind of scale are you referring to? E-Ticket? High thrills? We're talking Fantasyland here. You're not going to a find a ride of that caliber in a land designed with the Magic Kingdom's youngest guests in mind.

I think this is part of the problem that many of us fanboys have. Not every addition can be an E-Ticket.

Agree 100%. It's just a shame they can't put a new dark ride in the current SWSA building AND build the mine ride. Meet-n-Greets can literally go anywhere, and they're going to eat up a perfectly good show building with them.

Right. I wouldn't expect a PG-13 coaster in Fantasyland. While the entire park is for the "entire family", Fantasyland is definitely, and obviously, the home of rides and attractions that can literally accommodate everyone.

Just the fact that it will be a coaster-style ride vehicle will make it a step up from a "concrete floor with a steel rail" dark ride.

Still a possiblilty.

Where they would go after that....not sure.

Not really. It's going to be less train, more coasterish....I think.

No, no..let me clarify...
The M&G would occupy the entire show space, and be quite well done.
There would even be a merch location attached in the existing shop next door.

The ride system would be covered by a raised floor. Sets and props would of course be long gone.

Lee, thanks for posting that - I've been trying to dance around that without publicly declaring it. I've heard the exact same things about the Snow White's Scary Adventures Show building, and expectations are that it would become a dark ride at some point in the future.

Daannzzz

I wonder if the Mine Car attraction will be able to operate in the rain to a degree. It would be too bad if it had to close down every time it started raining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom