Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

TP2000

I would bet it is not going there but if it is it won't look anything like that. Plus it won't be a slightly smaller BTMRR. It will be a kids coaster with no restrictions. I think the rumor of it going into phase 2 has more credibility after seeing this. It just does not work in that location IMO.

But if the meet n' greet complex of princess palaces has been cut from the plan, what would go in that big center area if not the Seven Dwarves mine coaster?

If they move the mine coaster over to the land originally slated for Pixie Hollow, what would be there in the middle in 2012? Just a grassy knoll? :confused:

ToTBellHop

But if the meet n' greet complex of princess palaces has been cut from the plan, what would go in that big center area if not the Seven Dwarves mine coaster?

If they move the mine coaster over to the land originally slated for Pixie Hollow, what would be there in the middle in 2012? Just a grassy knoll? :confused:
I've often said the Magic Kingdom could use more grassy knolls.

I think the post you are responding to is jt just being difficult and as counter-intuitive as possible. It's pretty clear that the Seven Dwarfs mine ride will go where the meet and greets were planned...in the middle of all of the other princess-based attractions.

Ignohippo

The Mine Coaster is definitely going in that area. I just wonder what's going on top of it. I'm wondering if we may get a version of StorybookLand?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
How can you react negatively to this news? I doubt a whole message board were all major Cinderella/Aurora fans :ROFLOL:

Come, come now Sir. They're not replacing the Princesses with another thrill ride!

facepalm_anim_test-03.gif

SeaCastle

I would bet it is not going there but if it is it won't look anything like that. Plus it won't be a slightly smaller BTMRR.

With all due respect, how the heck do you know that?

I've often said the Magic Kingdom could use more grassy knolls.

I think the post you are responding to is jt just being difficult and as counter-intuitive as possible. It's pretty clear that the Seven Dwarfs mine ride will go where the meet and greets were planned...in the middle of all of the other princess-based attractions.

All of this talk about grassy knolls is making it increasingly difficult for me to restrain a few JFK references, but I'll keep quiet. :lol:

It's certainly not impossible to have an attraction landlocked (look at the Matterhorn, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain, etc. but I don't see how they're going to go about constructing this while everything else is open. (Unless they pause building Gaston's Tavern.)

ToTBellHop

With all due respect, how the heck do you know that?

All of this talk about grassy knolls is making it increasingly difficult for me to restrain a few JFK references, but I'll keep quiet. :lol:

It's certainly not impossible to have an attraction landlocked (look at the Matterhorn, Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain, etc. but I don't see how they're going to go about constructing this while everything else is open. (Unless they pause building Gaston's Tavern.)
they'll put a big construction wall around it...just like when they refurbish anything that is land-locked in the theme parks. Or how they build a new sky-scraper in NYC.

Tybee

I hear the Snow White coaster will be placed back and to the left of the expansion. Back and to the left. Back and to the left...

People unsatisfied with these reports have posited a "second coaster" theory.

But don't blame Lee Harvey Oswald the Rabbit. He's just a patsy.

PhilharMagician

I hear the Snow White coaster will be placed back and to the left of the expansion. Back and to the left. Back and to the left...

Ok, over the utilidors entrance?? You certainly cannot go any farther back and to the left than where Gaston's will be. It will be backed right up against the access road.

Tom

Beta Return
Ok, over the utilidors entrance?? You certainly cannot go any farther back and to the left than where Gaston's will be. It will be backed right up against the access road.

It was a joke in reference to the JFK shooting. Comments were made about the shot coming from "back and to the left".

SW will go "dead" center in reality.

jt04

I did find the photoshop interesting but the scale is off to say the least. Now if the plan to put at least part of the ride at utilidor level than it might work as a mountain-like structure with shops and other stuff. But ultimately there are definitely a few puzzle pieces missing in the mine train rumor.

I'm not saying the photoshop isn't somewhat correct in concept but I just can't see them putting mini-thunder mountain kiddie coaster in that massive area and it having that kind of footprint. But then I always thought the rumor was shady at best.

Lee

Adventurer
Any idea when we will be getting an announcement on the redone FLE?
If I had to guess....I'd say they announce it at the D23 thing they are having next spring.

I still don't understand why TDO couldn't do both, and just put the SW Mine Coaster UNDER the chateau. :shrug: The only reason would be that they are trying to do it on the cheap. I still say you keep the chateau and put the dwarves cottage on the back as the queue house. Build the area up and put the Mine Ride underneath.
Not feasible. There really isn't room for both, and the high water table prevents putting anything of that size actually underground. (below grade).

I kinda doubt it will be a BTMRR kinda ride. I'm expecting it to be a larger version of the existing dark rides, only with some hills and a little more speed in places. More like a true kiddie-coaster.
Not a bad description at all.

Can we make it like Crush's Coaster at DLP please?!?
No. It won't be all indoors, won't spin, and will have a train instead of individual cars.

hmmm keeping it's name? Not according to the plans, but it will still be Goofy's attraction.
Yes. The name is going to change.

The Mine Coaster is definitely going in that area. I just wonder what's going on top of it. I'm wondering if we may get a version of StorybookLand?
Nothing on top.

Lee

Adventurer
Now if the plan to put at least part of the ride at utilidor level than it might work as a mountain-like structure with shops and other stuff.
No.
Despite how much you want it to, the ride will not go down into the utilidor level, and will be entirely at ground level.

But then I always thought the rumor was shady at best.
Shady how?
And it's not really a rumor. It is happening.

SeaCastle

:sohappy:

Now that is one magic coaster...

they'll put a big construction wall around it...just like when they refurbish anything that is land-locked in the theme parks. Or how they build a new sky-scraper in NYC.

I'm concerned about how they would get all of the construction vehicles in and out of the area, since according to the blueprints and art, the proposed area would be an "island", surrounded by all sides with TLM, BatB, and Gaston's Tavern. I'm wondering how they would be able to get construction vehicles in and out.

It was a joke in reference to the JFK shooting. Comments were made about the shot coming from "back and to the left".

SW will go "dead" center in reality.

:ROFLOL:

I did find the photoshop interesting but the scale is off to say the least. Now if the plan to put at least part of the ride at utilidor level than it might work as a mountain-like structure with shops and other stuff. But ultimately there are definitely a few puzzle pieces missing in the mine train rumor.

I'm not saying the photoshop isn't somewhat correct in concept but I just can't see them putting mini-thunder mountain kiddie coaster in that massive area and it having that kind of footprint. But then I always thought the rumor was shady at best.

Because webmasters and insiders across the Disney fan universe insisting it's coming, the removal of Cindy/Aurora concept art from the Fantasyland walls, the removal of the overall Fantasyland concept art from the WDW press website, and the removal of the M&G complex from the NASA-Imagineering presentation totally and absolutely confirms that the meet and greet complex you-so-desire is coming to Fantasyland and no Snow White Coaster will be built. Makes total sense to me. :rolleyes:

jt04

No.
Despite how much you want it to, the ride will not go down into the utilidor level, and will be entirely at ground level.

Shady how?
And it's not really a rumor. It is happening.

:sohappy:

Now that is one magic coaster...

I'm concerned about how they would get all of the construction vehicles in and out of the area, since according to the blueprints and art, the proposed area would be an "island", surrounded by all sides with TLM, BatB, and Gaston's Tavern. I'm wondering how they would be able to get construction vehicles in and out.

:ROFLOL:

Because webmasters and insiders across the Disney fan universe insisting it's coming, the removal of Cindy/Aurora concept art from the Fantasyland walls, the removal of the overall Fantasyland concept art from the WDW press website, and the removal of the M&G complex from the NASA-Imagineering presentation totally and absolutely confirms that the meet and greet complex you-so-desire is coming to Fantasyland and no Snow White Coaster will be built. Makes total sense to me. :rolleyes:

I think a SW coaster is happening as that rumor has been around for years here. But everyone's assumptions seem off to me. I think we will be pleasently suprised in the end. But remember the changes were "at the margins". So we shall see. Just my opinion.

BriEcho3194

So basic summery of whats happening with Snow White Mine Coaster:

1. Based on Lee's info the Coaster will be built where old M&Gs were

2. The coaster will be a ground level and will not be at utilidoor level.

3. It's going to be like a dark ride but improved kinda I guess. It will go both in and out of the mountain. (Maybe Like the Alice In Wonderland ride in Disneyland? IDK)

And that's really all I can get...I wonder if it will have the aspects of the Matterhorn kinda? Not in height but water features kinda with a waterfall?

Tom

Beta Return
So basic summery of whats happening with Snow White Mine Coaster:

1. Based on Lee's info the Coaster will be built where old M&Gs were

2. The coaster will be a ground level and will not be at utilidoor level.

3. It's going to be like a dark ride but improved kinda I guess. It will go both in and out of the mountain. (Maybe Like the Alice In Wonderland ride in Disneyland? IDK)

And that's really all I can get...I wonder if it will have the aspects of the Matterhorn kinda? Not in height but water features kinda with a waterfall?

1 and 2 are definitely correct.

3 is iffy, kinda I guess :p From what I understand, it's going to be a mine train on a coaster track - ala BTMR. It will travel peacefully through indoor and outdoor scenes that will likely be a notch or two better than the current dark ride scenery.

I would love to see if have some aesthetics to it, with woods and waterfalls.

If I had to guess....I'd say they announce it at the D23 thing they are having next spring.

Not feasible. There really isn't room for both, and the high water table prevents putting anything of that size actually underground. (below grade).

Not a bad description at all.

No. It won't be all indoors, won't spin, and will have a train instead of individual cars.

Yes. The name is going to change.

Nothing on top.
After all this hype from Juan about how pleased we would be with the changes, the new project just ends up being a kiddie coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom