Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

BigThunderMatt

I agree I never liked the meet and greets, I just thought the coaster would be on a larger scale.

What kind of scale are you referring to? E-Ticket? High thrills? We're talking Fantasyland here. You're not going to a find a ride of that caliber in a land designed with the Magic Kingdom's youngest guests in mind.

BriEcho3194

1 and 2 are definitely correct.

3 is iffy, kinda I guess :p From what I understand, it's going to be a mine train on a coaster track - ala BTMR. It will travel peacefully through indoor and outdoor scenes that will likely be a notch or two better than the current dark ride scenery.

I would love to see if have some aesthetics to it, with woods and waterfalls.

I can just imagine how beautiful it will be!!! I am so excited! This is going to the best! But Little Mermaid will be better :p But Snow White does need more appreciation she is the FIRST PRINCESS!

jt04

3 is iffy, kinda I guess :p From what I understand, it's going to be a mine train on a coaster track - ala BTMR. It will travel peacefully through indoor and outdoor scenes that will likely be a notch or two better than the current dark ride scenery.

Agreed. The aesthetics and backstory are crucial. And different nooks and crannies built into the woods with suprises and heavily themed miniatures/character facades would be perfect. Something like the Emporium windows but on a big scale (and no windows :lol:). Water features, shops, snack stands etc would complete the picture. Something like the specialty foods kiosks being built at Cars Land would be nice. I have high expectations for this add. It should be so much more than BTMRR in miniature IMO.

Tom

Beta Return
I am very pleased.
A family coaster is light years better than two overblown meet-and-greets.

Agree 100%. It's just a shame they can't put a new dark ride in the current SWSA building AND build the mine ride. Meet-n-Greets can literally go anywhere, and they're going to eat up a perfectly good show building with them.

What kind of scale are you referring to? E-Ticket? High thrills? We're talking Fantasyland here. You're not going to a find a ride of that caliber in a land designed with the Magic Kingdom's youngest guests in mind.

Right. I wouldn't expect a PG-13 coaster in Fantasyland. While the entire park is for the "entire family", Fantasyland is definitely, and obviously, the home of rides and attractions that can literally accommodate everyone.

Just the fact that it will be a coaster-style ride vehicle will make it a step up from a "concrete floor with a steel rail" dark ride.

Tom

Beta Return
Agreed. The aesthetics and backstory are crucial. And different nooks and crannies built into the woods with suprises and heavily themed miniatures/character facades would be perfect. Something like the Emporium windows but on a big scale (and no windows :lol:). Water features, shops, snack stands etc would complete the picture. Something like the specialty foods kiosks being built at Cars Land would be nice. I have high expectations for this add. It should be so much more than BTMRR in miniature IMO.

Precisely. There is so much potential for a completely immersive ride - to the point where you should be so engrossed in the ride and show scenes that you forget there aren't any hills or drops.

sponono88

Right. I wouldn't expect a PG-13 coaster in Fantasyland. While the entire park is for the "entire family", Fantasyland is definitely, and obviously, the home of rides and attractions that can literally accommodate everyone.

I think the exception to that would be the Matterhorn bobsleds at DL's Fantasyland. I'm not sure I would rank it as a PG-13 coaster, but it is quite thrilling compared to the other rides in Fantasyland.

Tom

Beta Return
I think the exception to that would be the Matterhorn bobsleds at DL's Fantasyland. I'm not sure I would rank it as a PG-13 coaster, but it is quite thrilling compared to the other rides in Fantasyland.

Indeed - but I just meant WDW's Fantasyland :p

I'm guessing the Matterhorn has a height restriction, so you're right that it would be an exception, out there.

TP2000

I'm guessing the Matterhorn has a height restriction, so you're right that it would be an exception, out there.

Matterhorn Bobsled's height restriction is very low at 36 inches. That's pretty much a healthy toddler at that height. And it offers surprising thrills and chills with that very low height restriction.

I would imagine the Seven Dwarves mine coaster would have a similar height requirement, maybe 36, but certainly nothing above 40 inches.

MAF

Frankly I think Disney could have come up with something a little better than yet another mine train coaster since there's already one in the land next door. Plus I'm still not keen on the idea of closing SWSA. On the plus side, no meet and greets where you make birthday cards.

ToTBellHop

in the same way that Casey Jr at Disneyland is mostly outdoors, mostly slow, but ascends a slight hill and gains slight speed?

Tom

Beta Return
Am I supposed to be getting the Casey Jr. at DLP vibe from Snow White?

Besides coming up with my summaries based solely on the input from key members of this site (and not at all based on my own knowledge or sources), I have also never experienced Casey Jr. So, I can't say whether it will really have that feel or not.

in the same way that Casey Jr at Disneyland is mostly outdoors, mostly slow, but ascends a slight hill and gains slight speed?

Based on what we've been hearing, this does sound logical.

Lee

Adventurer
It's just a shame they can't put a new dark ride in the current SWSA building AND build the mine ride. Meet-n-Greets can literally go anywhere, and they're going to eat up a perfectly good show building with them.
Still a possiblilty.
From the beginning I have heard that the SWSA building would be a temporary home for the Princesses. Temporary to the point that the bus bar ride system would remain intact inside the building.

Where they would go after that....not sure.

Am I supposed to be getting the Casey Jr. at DLP vibe from Snow White?
Not really. It's going to be less train, more coasterish....I think.

ttalovebug

I'm liking the sound of this. Heck, I enjoy SW in the crappy state it's in now, so I'll probably really enjoy the mine ride. As for SWSA leaving Fantasyland, it does make me a little sad, but knowing the original is in DL makes it seem okay to me.

Tom

Beta Return
Still a possiblilty.
From the beginning I have heard that the SWSA building would be a temporary home for the Princesses. Temporary to the point that the bus bar ride system would remain intact inside the building.

Where they would go after that....not sure.

That's reassuring. Sounds like the princesses would be restricted to just the queue area then.

Again, just a shame to close SWSA so early (assuming those rumors are true about Feb) when they could set up shop just about anywhere. Heck, they can build MnG spots in about a month these days. Throw up some shade-n-shelter for the girls somewhere (perhaps in front of Skyway) and keep SW open until the new one is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom