Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

jlthomas81

Since I'm technologically disadvantaged at the moment and can't post a picture from my phone, on the MDE app it shows that the ride is closed for refurbishment today......even though it says a 20 minute wait.

jlthomas81

For those of you upset it will be closed during your visit, if it was not closed for refurb, it most likely would have been closed for technical difficulties. They have isssues almost daily over there from what I understand. In the past 2 months alone, there have been a few days where it has been unexpectedly been down for large chunks of the day. While yes there are show issues, the big issue has been with the boats taking on water and or getting stuck. The attraction is eating up maintenance budgets for half of the park which has slightly affected other attractions and their upkeep.

I'm also disappointed to hear that Phil is pushing to minimizing the time. Sure, it is important to be efficient to get it back open for guests, but not to sacrifice things. Other attractions at MK with long refurbishments came back when they could have used some extra TLC.

No more bandaids, TDO. Do it right and dont wait until things are in such a bad state to fix them. Be proactive and you won't fall behind.

Not upset because of the closure...just sad for nostalgic purposes!! It definitely needs refurbished!! I'm all for that ;)

janoimagine

I'm also disappointed to hear that Phil is pushing to minimizing the time. Sure, it is important to be efficient to get it back open for guests, but not to sacrifice things. Other attractions at MK with long refurbishments came back when they could have used some extra TLC.
Take to social media and start hammering them for things like this, if enough people start talking about it, they will have to respond in fashion. They seem to promote everything on their blog and twitter ... might be a good place to talk to them.

@disneyparks
@WaltDisneyWorld

Ext.

hokielutz

Good to hear that it is scheduled to get the major problems fixed. I'll get to see it about a month before the shutdown, but hoping I can get one more trip in by early October to see it reopened.

hokielutz

Take to social media and start hammering them for things like this, if enough people start talking about it, they will have to respond in fashion. They seem to promote everything on their blog and twitter ... might be a good place to talk to them.

@disneyparks
@WaltDisneyWorld

Ext.

This method has been tried ad nauseum with EE. Facebook Fan pages, form letters to Disney, etc... Sadly the best efforts of fans here only got the Sentinel to write a few pieces and ask questions... which resulted in no definitive answers from TDO.

I don't thing the POTC refurb 4 months vs 6-9 months rises to the level of the Yeti AA being shutdown for years with no end in sight.

Mike S

It's almost a case of you name it, it needs it. Ride control to physical infrastructure to show to audio to boats.
That's one thing that really jumped at me very clearly at Disneyland. For the first time in a long time I heard all of Barbossa's lines!!!

janoimagine

This method has been tried ad nauseum with EE. Facebook Fan pages, form letters to Disney, etc... Sadly the best efforts of fans here only got the Sentinel to write a few pieces and ask questions... which resulted in no definitive answers from TDO.

I don't thing the POTC refurb 4 months vs 6-9 months rises to the level of the Yeti AA being shutdown for years with no end in sight.
I get it ... I do, and I am not just talking about pirates, I was talking about any cost cutting measure or quality issue ... but if enough people start tagging Disney in negative posts, I would think they would notice and have to respond somehow, it works in Anaheim.

betty rose

I get it ... I do, and I am not just talking about pirates, I was talking about any cost cutting measure or quality issue ... but if enough people start tagging Disney in negative posts, I would think they would notice and have to respond somehow, it works in Anaheim.
Have you read the DVC posts? They are mostly all blinded by the pixie, except me , that is.

TheGhostWithTheMost

Because those who actually know the issues wanted 6-9 months. Phil said no more than 6 and pushed for 4.
Agreed. Not to toot my own horn but I'm moderately in the know about the WDW POTC situation. And four months will not do anything to put a dent into the vast problems POTC has. It will make the ride barely safe enough for guests to ride but only for a while. The ride needs a top to bottom do-over. And this is, again, while I'll never waste my money at WDW.

erwinalber4

Glad to see this is finally coming but I couldn't help but notice a few pages back another poster mentioned something about it going till the last day of the fiscal year and may be longer similar to how DLR refurbs are scheduled. Did anyone look more into this and is it confirmed to only be 4.5 months or is there a possibility that it may be a little longer?

culturenthrills

That's one thing that really jumped at me very clearly at Disneyland. For the first time in a long time I heard all of Barbossa's lines!!!

Because when DL did the Capt. Jack update they replaced all of the speakers in the entire ride and remastered the audio. On top of new lightning. WDW did not get that. So once again we are gonna get a half @$$ed refurb.

aladdin2007

Agreed. Not to toot my own horn but I'm moderately in the know about the WDW POTC situation. And four months will not do anything to put a dent into the vast problems POTC has. It will make the ride barely safe enough for guests to ride but only for a while. The ride needs a top to bottom do-over. And this is, again, while I'll never waste my money at WDW.

scary

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom