Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

The Duck

What exactly would make a ride like POTC unsafe?
I read on another site that one of the main problems this refurb is going to address is how to prevent another guest from getting his fingertips knocked off.
Of course, that was his own fault but there's also the fact that the boats are taking on water and guests are getting soaked which can lead to slips and falls while exiting.

raymusiccity

I read on another site that one of the main problems this refurb is going to address is how to prevent another guest from getting his fingertips knocked off.
Of course, that was his own fault but there's also the fact that the boats are taking on water and guests are getting soaked which can lead to slips and falls while exiting.

Gee whiz..... Keep your hands where they belong, be careful getting in and out of any ride.....and I've never seen anyone 'soaked' on Pirates. .....

The Duck

Gee whiz..... Keep your hands where they belong, be careful getting in and out of any ride.....and I've never seen anyone 'soaked' on Pirates. .....
Apparently they're getting soaked now because the new boats stink on ice. As far as the fingertips are concerned, I hope that Disney Legal doesn't go overboard and make them install anything stupid like lap bars or wind shields.

TheGhostWithTheMost

I cannot go into details. I really can't. Disney can be scary when you air their dirty laundry. But I've seen terribly scary things happen with boats at unload. I mean... Terribly scary. Enough to make me leave the company. Because I won't have my hands in that mess. It's much worse than a lot of people can imagine. It has nothing to do with hands in the water.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I cannot go into details. I really can't. Disneh can be scary when you air their dirty laundry. But I've seen terribly scary things happen with boats at unload. I mean... Terribly scary. Enough to make me leave the company. Because I won't have my hands in that mess. It's much worse than a lot of people can imagine. It has nothing to do with hands in the water.
I'm not sure what scary thing happen at unload, but, I would also think that there are a lot of people around those boats at unload, it seems like more then you would have noticed them. As for splashing, yes it does do that now when it never used to do that, caused, I assume by the new boats, but, unless your the Wicked Witch of the West splashing water isn't overly dangerous. As for fingers, well, if that person had listened to the safety instructions it wouldn't have happened. Even he admitted that. Fact of life... when you introduce stupid people to ANY situation it becomes dangerous. You would have to give out a lot more evidence of the danger before I accept that as anything other then hyperbole.

Last edited:

TheGhostWithTheMost

True, you don't "owe" anybody any details, but when you come in making such odd ball and vague statements as such, it just comes off as a complete crock of B-S!
Cast Members have to sign a five year non disclosure agreement when they come into the company. Meaning I cannot talk about specifics for another four and a half years without fear of legal action. I have to be ambiguous. Scary things have happened with the ride and those things have nothing to do with hands being in the water. I don't care if you don't beleive it because your validation does not make any facts more or less true. There's nothing oddball about my remarks. Every long time insider has commented on how terrible every aspect of the ride currently is.

The Duck

Cast Members have to sign a five year non disclosure agreement when they come into the company. Meaning I cannot talk about specifics for another four and a half years without fear of legal action. I have to be ambiguous. Scary things have happened with the ride and those things have nothing to do with hands being in the water. I don't care if you don't beleive it because your validation does not make any facts more or less true. There's nothing oddball about my remarks. Every long time insider has commented on how terrible every aspect of the ride currently is.
Understood. Thank you for the info that you've been able to share. Hopefully some good will come of this.

Castle Cake Apologist

True, you don't "owe" anybody any details, but when you come in making such odd ball and vague statements as such, it just comes off as a complete crock of B-S!

Cast Members cannot just divulge information as they please without repercussion, especially information that paints the parks in any sort of negative light. Just know that what the poster says is true, the attraction is in terrible (dangerous) condition. Even the "insiders" here have stated as much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom