Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

redjebvt

Was the auctioneer animatronic fully replaced, or just restored to full functionality? The whole attraction looks worlds better, but he really stood out above the others.

Animaniac93-98

Here is our full ride-through

For years I've complained about the condition of WDW's Pirate ride. Even to go as far as requesting to talk to ride ops to question why certain effects were continually broken (not that it was specifically their fault, but to get some kind of answer). I found the whole issue frustrating and depressing given the importance of the ride in both its historical and marketing sense.

Seeing the attraction look like this makes me happy. VERY happy. This is all stuff that should have been done back in 2006, but at least now it finally looks like the way it should - a grand, E-ticket experience.

Now if only the idjuts would stop taking flash photos throughout the ride.

JoeCamel

Looks great!

It also appears that the boats are no longer getting jammed up towards the final 2 scenes. Can anyone confirm this?

The only pile up of the boats was two the three times I rode last night. If they put on more boats that will be worse as they only load/unload so fast. Last night they had the number right.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ramp was working fine last night
G0000000000d_8999be_1590265.gif

PorterRedkey

I am only finding one thing I don't like. During the lightning storm with skeleton steering the wheel of the crashed ship, the strobe effect fires a little too often for my tastes. Part of the excitement of this section in the attraction is how you can only catch a glimpse of the skeleton when the lightning strikes. It the new version it seems like you can seem him from the previous scene since the strobe is going off every second or two.
I not complaining, but I think a small tweak could make this scene more effective. Did anyone else notice this or am I crazy? Keep in mind I am taking this form the video only. I have not ridden the ride since the refurb.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom