Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

PorterRedkey

It does remain. We rode in the front last night and got soaked.
Thanks for confirming! Are they seating people in the back row? I think they were before the rehab, but I know after the 'finger incident' the back row was not being used. I don't know it this was a response to the 'finger incident' or just because of the water issues. I just know it wasn't used at one point. I hope they are full capacity now. What did you see?

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It sounds like the bow (that's the front of the boat, right?) is going underwater at the bottom of the drop and water is spilling onto the front row. Wouldn't a simple fix be to attach a plastic or metal "windshield" in front of the front row to deflect the water?

Goofyernmost

Unfortunately I know cast members who work the attraction that have been told to try and balance out the boat, as weight in the current fleet does play some role.
Ah, yes... Balance is a very useful tool. You are not going to eliminate people that are heavier then others, so you pay attention and balance the load. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that is all the weight is on one side, it will be a problem. So, what it is in reality is that CM's perhaps are not making the effort to accommodate for things then the idea that it is the person that is causing the problem. Put all the weight on one side of an aircraft carrier and it will lean to one side.

I once flew back from Europe and mid-flight, after everyone had their after lunch nap, a line formed in the back of the plane to use the restroom. The pilot called the flight attendant and told her that all the weight was in the tail section and they were having a problem maintaining the proper altitude. The Flight attendant had to ask some of the people to go back to there seats and come up one at a time. Balance is the key. That isn't the issue, the issue is attempting to blame it on a few people that have done nothing wrong other then to be heavier then someone else. Obesity did not cause the problem, lack of proper management is at fault.

PorterRedkey

Ah, yes... Balance is a very useful tool. You are not going to eliminate people that are heavier then others, so you pay attention and balance the load. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that is all the weight is on one side, it will be a problem. So, what it is in reality is that CM's perhaps are not making the effort to accommodate for things then the idea that it is the person that is causing the problem. Put all the weight on one side of an aircraft carrier and it will lean to one side.

I once flew back from Europe and mid-flight, after everyone had their after lunch nap, a line formed in the back of the plane to use the restroom. The pilot called the flight attendant and told her that all the weight was in the tail section and they were having a problem maintaining the proper altitude. The Flight attendant had to ask some of the people to go back to there seats and come up one at a time. Balance is the key. That isn't the issue, the issue is attempting to blame it on a few people that have done nothing wrong other then to be heavier then someone else. Obesity did not cause the problem, lack of proper management is at fault.

Balance is an issue --- with the current BOATS. Cast members trying to weigh passengers in their minds, seems like a band-aid to a bigger problem. Why not just fix the root problem?

Goofyernmost

Balance is an issue --- with the current BOATS. Cast members trying to weigh passengers in their minds, seems like a band-aid to a bigger problem. Why not just fix the root problem?
Agreed, just don't blame the victims. Blame the high paid engineers that either didn't know how to take that into consideration or just decided it wasn't important.

Bairstow

That whole effect is gone, other than the audio. It never really worked.

What a pity.
I was lucky enough to be there the morning they first appeared, which was my first time to the Magic Kingdom in over a decade, and I thought it was such a cool, subtle effect, though I didn't much care for the audio.

I still think it would be awesome if they were to add a similar bubblescreen effect to the Cambodian temple at the Jungle Cruise, making it seem as if an enormous python was slowly swimming under both sides of the boat. With a little clever design, the projectors overhead would look like they're just a big crack in the ceiling of the temple, allowing light to filter down and reveal the danger in the water.

Cesar R M

Simple physics suggest that weight is indeed a factor here. If the boats where not as heavy they would float higher in the water.
I disagree.
A simple lowered "barriers" on each side could make the boat take water easily regardless of weight on it.
Or the shape of the front.. pushing the water waves in an incorrect way that it lets the water hit the boat back and take on water.

its a matter of displacement.. specially if the thing is on underwater rails.

peter11435

balance was an issue with the old boats and balance will be an issue with any boat that operates on the attraction. When dealing with a free-floating vessel you always have to be mindful of weight distribution. Weight and balance are not the issue with the current boats.

roj2323

can someone list the improvements in the ride please?
i watched the video and it does look good but not sure what was done besides basic up keeping and such
I've only watched the video but here's what I saw.
  • Updated lighting throughout
  • a modified guide rail for the boats in the cave (first scene) - I'm not 100% sure but it looks different from what I remember
  • digital projector for davy jones - it's much more clear now than in the past
  • fixed rain effect behind skeleton
  • fixed cannon effects -- they need to paint the visible silver rings from the effects machines
  • fixed animatronics - throughout - characters are moving that I didn't know moved
  • new paint and clothes for the animatronics
  • Paint refresh in some areas - I think - hard to tell because of the improved lighting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom