Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Castle Cake Apologist

It was posted that the ride drop had been smoothed out. It wasn't.

And all broken effects being fixed happened last time and they broke within 2 months again anyway. Night shift is supposed to be fixing these items but they never get done.

Now waiting for all of the effects in Dinosaur that broke 7 or 8 years ago to be fixed.

We can only hope that that will change. After Splash finally received it's major refurb a couple years back, things have been maintained pretty consistently. It still looks pretty good. Hopefully starting again from scratch will be what was needed.

Maintenance as a whole around the resort seems be getting significantly better as of late.

I could not agree more about Dinosaur. It's in terrible shape, possibly worse than Pirates was in.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
We can only hope that that will change. After Splash finally received it's major refurb a couple years back, things have been maintained pretty consistently. It still looks pretty good. Hopefully starting again from scratch will be what was needed.

Maintenance as a whole around the resort seems be getting significantly better as of late.

I could not agree more about Dinosaur. It's in terrible shape, possibly worse than Pirates was in.

I had been the n few years prior to spring 13'... I was extremely disappointed then of how bad day no said was looking then, and how many fx didn't work. If it's even worse now, I might skip it this trip. You hate leaving an attraction feeling disappointed, especially since I know what most of them once looked like.

French Quarter

Just got off pirates. This ride is becoming something I may not want to ride and it pains me to say that

I climb in the boat and there is standing water in the bottom. After the drop (where the front row got soaked) water came in a little over the side and we were shifting to one side. The boat riders actually all had to shift towards the left to keep from taking on more water. We became more worried about the water and stabilizing than enjoying the ride itself. That is sad and pathetic - what in the hell have they done

It's like a Gilligan's Island ride.

the_storm_by_chill13-d33ef95.jpg

matt9112

How expensive are the Disney lockers? I know that Universal ones near the trill rides are like free for 30 minutes, and a few dollars for more onwards.
Arent Disney's like 10+ USD ?

And give the guests some pirate themed cups and buckets to get the water out as they advance?

Universal lockers free period is directly Tied to expected wait time. So in theory they are always free for rides. (This is only when lockers are used due to safety concerns) for example bilge rafts lockers are not free at all because those are for convenience.

matt9112

Just got off pirates. This ride is becoming something I may not want to ride and it pains me to say that

I climb in the boat and there is standing water in the bottom. After the drop (where the front row got soaked) water came in a little over the side and we were shifting to one side. The boat riders actually all had to shift towards the left to keep from taking on more water. We became more worried about the water and stabilizing than enjoying the ride itself. That is sad and pathetic - what in the hell have they done

Sounds like it's getting out of hand. I rode it day it reopened and did not experience any of this but I could have been lucky as it appears widespread.

Incomudro

Although I understand your point why do so many people hate water in general? the amount of people that wear ponchos on Splash or kali is really a shame. Water drys off.

Anyone who goes on a ride that is on the water had better consider that the possibility of getting wet exists.
As for phones or cameras getting wet - that's your own risk as well.
Plus, you're in Florida where the possibility of getting rained on exists very often.
I don't get it.

Incomudro

I hadn't even thought of this (since I never take cameras on Disney dark rides because I think it's rude). But, I like the water on Pirates even more now. Maybe it'll keep all those annoying glowing screens and flashes off the ride!
Yes, remember - "No flash photography please" ?
Now you can't go on a ride like Pirates without 1/2 the boat holding up glowing phones around you.
At least in the Haunted Mansion ones Doom Buggy offers a level of privacy.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Anyone who goes on a ride that is on the water had better consider that the possibility of getting wet exists.
As for phones or cameras getting wet - that's your own risk as well.
Plus, you're in Florida where the possibility of getting rained on exists very often.
I don't get it.

The problem is that you are used to going on this ride and getting splashed. Now you go on the ride and get soaked. If you knew going into it that you would get that wet, you would prepare: put your electronics in bags, put on a silly poncho, etc. You don't expect this ride to be a "water" ride.

BTW... IASM has water, but I don't expect to get wet on that ride.

Incomudro

The problem is that you are used to going on this ride and getting splashed. Now you go on the ride and get soaked. If you knew going into it that you would get that wet, you would prepare: put your electronics in bags, put on a silly poncho, etc. You don't expect this ride to be a "water" ride.

BTW... IASM has water, but I don't expect to get wet on that ride.

Now you know.
I'm sorry, but I have little sympathy for this issue and don't consider it an issue at all.
When I'm on a boat full of people that plummets down an incline, I expect that I may get wet when it hits the bottom.
I expect that I may get wet when it hits the sides too.
Plus, I'm in Florida, where it's usually hot and often rains.
Get over it.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Now you know.
I'm sorry, but I have little sympathy for this issue and don't consider it an issue at all.
When I'm on a boat full of people that plummets down an incline, I expect that I may get wet when it hits the bottom.
I expect that I may get wet when it hits the sides too.
Plus, I'm in Florida, where it's usually hot and often rains.
Get over it.

I know that it rains in Florida. However, I can usually predict when it is going to rain before it actually happens because the clouds get darker and the wind picks up. I can do what I need to do to deal with this.
If I had never been on POC, I wouldn't know what to expect so I would be more likely to prepare to get wet. Now that I have been on this ride many times and have only gotten a light splash of water, I wouldn't (and shouldn't) expect that I would get soaked. Now that I know that this ride occasionally (at least) soaks the riders, I will take that into consideration when I go on next time.
The issue we have is that the ride is doing something that it isn't supposed to do (soak it's riders). All we are saying is that it is something that needs to be addressed.
I don't think it's something that I need to "get over". I'm not angry about it. I'm not calling for someone to be fired. I'm not saying that Disney is a terrible company because they get their guests wet. I'm just saying that it should be fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom