Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Monorail_Red_77

Is there only one elevator or two? I thought I read somewhere that there is a second "service" elevator for the restaurant

Found a quick youtube video of the restaurant elevator.

Untitled.jpg

So yes there are two elevators in Cinderella Castle.

Fun fact about this elevator. It is round, and the doors are circular also. Kinda like you are in a tube.

Father Robinson

Noticed something that (may be) dissapointing. Having not seen it yet in person it's hard to judge, but it seems the 4 new turrets all seem to be the same size. In the concept art the 2 outermost ones are smaller than the ones on the inside (the ones closest to the castle). From the concept it seems like they were trying to preserve the perspective of height for the castle, but now with the turrets appearing to be same height it seems the perspective is thrown off. Again, I have not seen this in person, just noticing it from the recent pictures and video, which I realize isn't always an accurate representation. Has anyone who's seen it in person noticed a change in the scale of the castle since these new turrets have been built?

11717018_10153988912799008_1185343418_n-550x412.jpg

Last edited:

meyeet

Monorail_Red_77

This doesn't make any sense. I would have thought she would just fly up there and wait for her cue. :rolleyes:o_O

LOL, I'm getting visions of a husky mob guy in an undershirt, goes by the name Frankie no teeth. And tells a kid. "Here's ya wish little fella." in a husky deep voice with a jersey accent. and then sprinkles some ashes from his almost gone lit cigar on the kids head. :hilarious:

Thank goodness we get the Disney version though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes, I believe so as well. Saw parts of it in a documentary about the dream suite.

If you are in the correct viewing spot - Rose Garden and directly under the zip line, it is easy to tell how "muscular" Tink is. Plus you can clearly see the railing in front of the window swing out as she gets ready to start her ride. Certainly not an experience for the faint of heart or someone afraid of heights.

DisneyDad61

To relfect back on the previous page.....Yes, there are 2 (two) elevators within Cinderella Castle. My wife and I were extremely fortunate to be online at the exact time a few years ago to try and purchase the very limited D23 Magic and Merriment weekend of December 2012 at WDW. We we very blessed (along with the other 100 or so) to be taken up (in groups) to the Dream Suite via the elevator. It is a gorgeous elevator with 14K gold inlays in the tile type floor and yes, it does continue up to another floor where Tinkerbell then climbs to the "launch platform". As we all know, the Dream Suite was used for many things including a call center for a good period of time. The Dream Suite is gorgeous and our 10 minutes walking around and taking pictures was soooo worth the cost of the D23 event....
The second point mentioned above about the new tower heights in relation to the original illustration does also appear to be true. I did not see any difference and certainly not anywhere near the same as the screenshoot of the CAD noted above.

dstrawn9889

To relfect back on the previous page.....Yes, there are 2 (two) elevators within Cinderella Castle. My wife and I were extremely fortunate to be online at the exact time a few years ago to try and purchase the very limited D23 Magic and Merriment weekend of December 2012 at WDW. We we very blessed (along with the other 100 or so) to be taken up (in groups) to the Dream Suite via the elevator. It is a gorgeous elevator with 14K gold inlays in the tile type floor and yes, it does continue up to another floor where Tinkerbell then climbs to the "launch platform". As we all know, the Dream Suite was used for many things including a call center for a good period of time. The Dream Suite is gorgeous and our 10 minutes walking around and taking pictures was soooo worth the cost of the D23 event....
The second point mentioned above about the new tower heights in relation to the original illustration does also appear to be true. I did not see any difference and certainly not anywhere near the same as the screenshoot of the CAD noted above.
its taht perspective thing again, they can be the same height, but the inner two towers have more 'roof' (a false layer). the eye says that they cannot be the same height and gives that tower a 'farther away' feeling to the mind

halltd

Has anyone been watching Wheel of Fortune this week? The B-roll film behind the contestants is of the MK hub....with moat, and big trees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom