Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

note2001

Exactly. In fact- you have more sitting area than just a scattering of benches. Heck- It's wide enough that a big guy/kid is even laying down on it in this picture:
image-jpg.97051

Now- what they shouldn't have are clowns like this guy sitting on the railing. But its so he can straddle his wife. Yuck.
image-jpg.97056

That guy laying down is clinging on for dear life. Not quite wide enough. He should consider heading back to his hotel room to lay down.

As for Mr. ImOnTheFence: I think a few well placed zappers imbedded on the top of the railing that can be individually triggered by security might work. Don't want to zap people simply holding the rail, just the ones with their rears placed on it.

meyeet

Well, imagine my surprise. I still don't think that they use it, not with all the equipment that goes over it on a daily basis. Could be, but, it doesn't sound like a product with a long shelf life. :oops:
I'm pretty sure that was an April Fools joke. The date that it is available to sell is April 1st 2013 and at the bottom of the page it mentions if you think this is funny send it to your friends.

Edit: The end of the video even says April Fools Day!

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I'm pretty sure that was an April Fools joke. The date that it is available to sell in April 1st 2013 and at the bottom of the page it mentions if you think this is funny send it to your friends.

Edit: The end of the video even say April Fools Day!
I didn't watch the video. I guess I got up to early and am not thinking in my usual skeptical manner. This would be one of those occasions where I thought I was wrong, but, I was right. Thanks for pointing that out though.

pug

That guy laying down is clinging on for dear life. Not quite wide enough. He should consider heading back to his hotel room to lay down.

As for Mr. ImOnTheFence: I think a few well placed zappers imbedded on the top of the railing that can be individually triggered by security might work. Don't want to zap people simply holding the rail, just the ones with their rears placed on it.
It was 1:45 Am when I took those :)

MarkTwain

Exactly. In fact- you have more sitting area than just a scattering of benches. Heck- It's wide enough that a big guy/kid is even laying down on it in this picture:
image-jpg.97051

Now- what they shouldn't have are clowns like this guy sitting on the railing. But its so he can straddle his wife. Yuck.
image-jpg.97056

All I'll say is that some Imagineers are actually becoming very fond of more permanent "seating" like this... because Disney management has a much tougher time taking them away. ;)

We Disney fans aren't the only ones fighting for more seating.

peter11435

All I'll say is that some Imagineers are actually becoming very fond of more permanent "seating" like this... because Disney management has a much tougher time taking them away. ;)

Except it is actually Disney management who has requested WDI to provide more permanent seating in new construction and refurbs.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. If something is done wrong or you do not like it than it is Disney managements causing it; if it is something done right it is due to some employee seeking it by management. Do I have this right.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Then why take away seating to begin with?

In a crowded area built is seating in walls and planters make more scene due to it does not interfere with traffic flow as much. I is also easier to maintain and we look better over the years. I have used this type of seating on many projects that I have worked on. So if you are upgrading or renovating a area, why not improve the seating with the project. I think that is what is happening here.

peter11435

Then why take away seating to begin with?
In most cases benches that have been removed have been because they interferred with traffic flow during parades fireworks or times of peak attendance. Many benches are removed from the park and then returned based on park attendance. The higher the park attendance the less benches that will be found.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom