Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Imagine how much worse Magic Kingdom would be if Epcot didn't show IllumiNations every night.
And Illuminations is crowded every night as well. I think that any other nighttime show is going to have more people going, but not drawing people away from MK at night. Instead of the same number, it will simply be more going to all the parks.

SpaceMountain75

It's like a constant loop...a broken record...a dead horse continually being whipped until it comes back to life, and a few pages later ceases to be once more.
It's like Groundhog Day for the thread, but without the fun of the movie...;)
In all seriousness I'm not meaning to beat a dead horse, I just like seeing old pictures of the Disney Parks. I'll take it over to the other threads dedicated for that purpose. :)

SpaceMountain75

Okay...back on topic, here are some pics Orlando Park News' Twitter (@orlando_parks) just posted:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry dude, but fireworks and MSEP / Spectro were nightly.

And castle shows have been regular since the 70s.

At the risk of public execution, I can attest that I have been to WDW many times in the 90s and were told the parade was not going to be happening on those particular dates and only on Friday Saturday and Sunday (during slower seasons).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
At the risk of public execution, I can attest that I have been to WDW many times in the 90s and were told the parade was not going to be happening on those particular dates and only on Friday Saturday and Sunday (during slower seasons).
Slower seasons indeed. Back when they had them!

I recall being so overdosed with Spectro in 1993 we had QS dinner without lines during the parade. Sacrilege I know.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, it's always interesting to me to stop and think that when we were at a time in Disney history that was so highly regarded, it seems the crowds for much much less. Now that everyone complains about stagnation, the crowds are crazy! Could Disney have done better at keeping up infrastructure so stay slightly ahead of growth as crowds grew? Sure. But hindsight and all... Besides many were predicting crowds to be more even across the parks for all eternity. No one seems to have really understood the true affect of aging attractions (whether maintenance or lack of relevance became the issue)

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
To my knowledge there are still a number of (tracks) left from the old Swan Ride along the way. If they have since filled that in then it's dyed so that you don't see the concrete bottom. One way or the other, it is dyed to hide.:)

Tracks were removed, although piping would still be visible in many areas if it wasn't darkened. Same idea exists at rivers of America as its shallow water

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom