Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

DisneyDad61

Hey folks -
Looks like MiceAge has a new Magic Kingdom update today that includes a reasonable amount of pics of the Hub Redevelopment. Also, yesterday, Orlando Theme Park News also had an abbreviated update on the Hub progess. I will note that they are also currently working on front castle ramp to the right, I believe as it appears that the concrete has been fully removed except for the outer and inner curbing (for lack of a better word). You can check out the progress over at these 2 sites.

wdizneew

Is the hub going to include markers on the ground to tell guests where to stand and where to walk? I noticed that cast members still use tape to mark where guests can stand to watch the fireworks/parade.

Oh, and CMs now use black tape instead of the old manilla tape since the walkways are white instead of red.

Also, I noticed the other night that they have a bunch of CMs with wands that were lined up and yelling that this pathway (black arrow) is a direct exit out of the park. The new hub is still a mess with construction but the new addition is a huge welcome as it feels like people can breathe again. Especially after the parade and fireworks.
mkhubredone2.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is the hub going to include markers on the ground to tell guests where to stand and where to walk? I noticed that cast members still use tape to mark where guests can stand to watch the fireworks/parade.

Oh, and CMs now use black tape instead of the old manilla tape since the walkways are white instead of red.

Also, I noticed the other night that they have a bunch of CMs with wands that were lined up and yelling that this pathway (black arrow) is a direct exit out of the park. The new hub is still a mess with construction but the new addition is a huge welcome as it feels like people can breathe again. Especially after the parade and fireworks. View attachment 96271

The black arrow leads to the bypass behind Main Street that they have been adding more theming to recently.

Some pictures I just took 5 minutes ago!
WOW! The planters are done?! I wasn't expecting that! To all the naysayers out there, sure looks to me like the center hub will be wrapped up within the next week for sure, or definitely by the end of the month. Looks like they only have a couple of small sections of pavement. I thought I was looking at the other side at first (the side that was completed months ago). They really busted butt the last week. Thanks for the pics. Walt and Mickey should be out of their stuffy box within days now.

P_Radden

Nice! Realistically what are we looking at for Hub competition? A month or less? Whats left, pour some concrete and finish up the torrents?

Looks like that final pour will occur tonight - no reason to believe otherwise, and once that's cured the walls (around Partners) will come down. Just a guess but I'm betting the walls around this area will be down by the weekend (not sure how quickly this stuff cures). Either way it looks like I'll be able to enjoy the revamped area with the fam at the end of the month into July. Based on how much was done over the last week or so, I'd say they had some extra pixy dust. Now that this area is 99% done, perhaps they can re-allocate those resources to the other projects to help them move along a little quicker as well.

For sure. It was a little easier to gauge when the other half of the center plaza around Partners should be done because we had the other half to compare it to (which also included the Partners planter). I would only be guessing on the above section. I think as the other projects finish up it definitely gives these larger ones a better chance at finishing sooner rather than later - more hands/resources to help out.

I have to admit that the new color pavement is growing on me. I always liked the traditional red because it was Disney to me, it was unique. The new color along with the new bronze fencing and hardware around the planters and the other areas in general looks really nice and is a nice contrast. As much of a pain as it all is to deal with visually as the parks go through these "growing pains" I do think they'll look nice when done. When you think of it, they HAD to finish up the Partners area of the hub now, especially with one of the ramps to the castle blocked and being repaved, and the summer holiday crowds coming in. To have BOTH of those highly traveled areas still off limits would've been a nightmare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom