Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

First of all, that grass has been that way for at least a month. True, the hub work is not done, but who's to say that area isn't complete? It sure would seem that way. However, it seems they did put one barrier up, so maybe it's not. What's with the lecturing on discussing something? It looks terrible. It's not always complaining just to complain.

FutureWorld1982

If it was just discussion, there would be nothing wrong with it. But it isn't right to shout "the sky is falling!" if something isn't done yet. For example, I personally don't like the current look of that small area, but I am absolutely sure they will address that in due time (i.e. before completing the HUB expansion).

Kman101

Do we even know if that is part of the hub expansion? If I recall it was part of the Casey's seating expansion, unless it's all one big project being done in phases? Not trying to argue, just trying to be clear on what's what.

note2001

If it was just discussion, there would be nothing wrong with it. But it isn't right to shout "the sky is falling!" if something isn't done yet. For example, I personally don't like the current look of that small area, but I am absolutely sure they will address that in due time (i.e. before completing the HUB expansion).

Who's screaming the sky is falling? What I see here are discussions. Granted the discussion is leaning heavily toward the "what the h311 are they doing?" side, it still has undercurrents of optimism.

How *dare* low-class people sit on the grass in a Disney park...

gty_disney_castle_kb_130717_blog.jpg

-Rob

May I +1000 like this, please?

FutureWorld1982

Who's screaming the sky is falling? What I see here are discussions. Granted the discussion is leaning heavily toward the "what the h311 are they doing?" side, it still has undercurrents of optimism.

Re-reading the past few posts, I have to agree. I skimmed through just some of the comments. The conversation hasn't gone too far. Yet.

Tip Top Club

Do we even know if that is part of the hub expansion? If I recall it was part of the Casey's seating expansion, unless it's all one big project being done in phases? Not trying to argue, just trying to be clear on what's what.

This is all the same thing. Really the new bypass is part of the same project as well. It's all about crowd flow in and out of the park. Especially during nighttime shows.

COProgressFan

Relax, people, new grass and fences will go in along with the flower beds.

This new hub is going to be done right.

I'm glad to hear that. You and some other insiders have been positive about this hub project, so I'm hopeful. I know we're never getting the old hub full of mature trees back, but more landscaped areas, trees with twinkle lights, etc. will certainly improve upon the hot concrete mass that's currently there.

Rob562

Since this small section of walkway and planters was included within the dotted lines that laid out the entire scope of the Hub project, I'd say that yes, they're related. A dotted line that also encompassed the Casey's patio...

(Look for the overall plan on about page 6 of this thread)

-Rob

Cesar R M

Since this small section of walkway and planters was included within the dotted lines that laid out the entire scope of the Hub project, I'd say that yes, they're related. A dotted line that also encompassed the Casey's patio...

(Look for the overall plan on about page 6 of this thread)

-Rob
Will there be further modifications to this area? or they will leave it as it is now? (with no planters, no flowers and no mini walls?)

dstrawn9889

i would say once the rest of the fp+ seating area in front of casey's is finished, that they will change to a newer astroturf for this area, since it is prime viewing area for the fireworks show, and that there will be no railings.

dstrawn9889

they haven't removed any trees from the hub in years, this is what it looks like, since basically 2003. the saplings are maintained at the size they have been since planted in the planters that year. the only casualty so far is the tree that blocked back stage views of the bypass.

hpyhnt 1000

they haven't removed any trees from the hub in years, this is what it looks like, since basically 2003. the saplings are maintained at the size they have been since planted in the planters that year. the only casualty so far is the tree that blocked back stage views of the bypass.

Additional trees were actually removed around 2011 to facilitate the castle projection show. But otherwise, yes the main deforestation took place from 2003-2005 with the debut of Wishes and the reworking of the Hub planters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom