Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

GrammieBee

Not much point in complaining. They are going to do what ever they are going to do. Due to age and illness this may very well be our last trip to WDW. Since the Magic Kingdom is our long time favorite park, we are going to roll the dice and change our reservation from this Oct. to Nov.of 2015. As my other half put it; he wants to go when the park is all put together, not when it is all torn up.

I think we may visit Harry Potter at Universal, instead.

WDWLover#1

Not much point in complaining. They are going to do what ever they are going to do. Due to age and illness this may very well be our last trip to WDW. Since the Magic Kingdom is our long time favorite park, we are going to roll the dice and change our reservation from this Oct. to Nov.of 2015. As my other half put it; he wants to go when the park is all put together, not when it is all torn up.

I think we may visit Harry Potter at Universal, instead.
I thought it'd be finished by late summer

Rob562

thanks, better than what ive found so far, looking for near where the trolley tracks split at north end facing castle...

At that point, 90% of the construction will be behind you. At most you'd see walls at the far sides where the outer sidewalk curves to the Tomorrowland and Adventureland bridges. Most of the construction is in the southern 1/5th of the Hub.

Since they finished removing the swan boat dock in the rose garden, there have been no walls north of the Tomorrowland or Adventureland bridges.

-Rob

Cesar R M

Additional trees were actually removed around 2011 to facilitate the castle projection show. But otherwise, yes the main deforestation took place from 2003-2005 with the debut of Wishes and the reworking of the Hub planters.

I still wonder why the hell they do not add layered trees.
there are trees that can brach sideways and are not very tall, giving shade and not blocking the way.

GrammieBee

To repeat what is known and previously posted: officially the work at the hub will not be finished until sometime in 2015. The last work permit expires in Nov. 2015. There is always the chance it will be finished before that.

We just got tired of construction walls and scrims.

note2001

I'm not a construction person, but I have a two-part question for those who are, or who understand the process:

In your opinion, will at any point the construction crew need to detour traffic around the bridge while they work on the "waterway", pipe or what-have-you, below?

Assuming they do need to block off the main bridge for a short time, would they be able to reroute parades through the by-pass area behind main street (assuming it's completed) or is it too narrow and are those turns just too sharp for the floats? What I'm concerned about is there may be a week or so coming soon where the MK is parade-less, and so many families look forward to these.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

the concrete in the blueprint shows the new bridge linking the hub to the bypass area is to be reeinforced to the point where heavy equipment can roll on it, i would think that the bypass would be made large enough to get a pumper truck or crane through it, so i would assume that they can run the floats through it.

note2001

So when did the dam fail?

Dam and double dam, they both failed? :eek:

To be honest, when I saw long water-filled bladders being used to hold back the water I never expected them to last long, but shouldn't they have lasted a little longer than this?

Bet ch'a Donald had his bird buddies out there pecking away at them. :cautious:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom