Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

BoarderPhreak

Congrats to TDO on trashing MK. I truly hope they restore shade trees, benches and planters with railings or it's going to be one big, giant sh*tfest - all in the name of cramming more people into the park. I certainly won't be returning short of 2015.

WDWLover#1

Congrats to TDO on trashing MK. I truly hope they restore shade trees, benches and planters with railings or it's going to be one big, giant sh*tfest - all in the name of cramming more people into the park. I certainly won't be returning short of 2015.
Fantasyland and the rest of the park has loads of trees. MSU is bare though so hope this redo looks good. The plans look nice.

mm52200

MK is a rainforest now compared back to those first few years in the early 70s.
Honestly the rest of Magic Kingdom has plenty of shade and trees, same for the rest of the other parks. There's just this weird fascination TDO seems to have with removing all benches and shade from Main Street USA and the Hub.

jt04

Honestly the rest of Magic Kingdom has plenty of shade and trees, same for the rest of the other parks. There's just this weird fascination TDO seems to have with removing all benches and shade from Main Street USA and the Hub.

I think they are simply addressing crowd issues especially during castle shows. I personally like the open plaza design and clear sight lines. And I think this will be done well. You can quote me later if it isn't.

Rob562

when it doesn't circulate, that is what you get...

The formerly fully-connected "moat" didn't circulate like a river. It was just as stagnant and un-moving as it is now.

The odd color probably just means that someone in maintenance was a bit heavy-handed on the dye they use to darken the water.

-Rob

Cesar R M

The formerly fully-connected "moat" didn't circulate like a river. It was just as stagnant and un-moving as it is now.

The odd color probably just means that someone in maintenance was a bit heavy-handed on the dye they use to darken the water.

-Rob
or the portapoty failed ;)

Rasvar

If one thing does come out of this, I hope that transportation options on Main Street can be restored to some of their former levels. I really miss that evening ride on the Omnibus or trolley back down Main Street. Not holding my breath, though.

wogwog

If one thing does come out of this, I hope that transportation options on Main Street can be restored to some of their former levels. I really miss that evening ride on the Omnibus or trolley back down Main Street. Not holding my breath, though.
The Hub refurb won't help get vehicles on Main ST. All the parades and castle shows are what is keeping them parked.

raymusiccity

MK is a rainforest now compared back to those first few years in the early 70s.

Ageed. It's Epcot and West End that are the true concrete jungles. We've given up visiting either area during the summer months. ( I know, I know, there's always the expected retort, 'You won't be missed!' ). :)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Simply because things had to grow in... not because Disney was yanking them out or reducing their size and numbers. Quite a different situation and commentary...

But keep justifying to yourself that its now better than ever..

And you just keep justifying to yourself that it is not!

Rasvar

The Hub refurb won't help get vehicles on Main ST. All the parades and castle shows are what is keeping them parked.

My point is that it wasn't always that way. Not running the vehicles at night is relatively recent. I don't expect the trolly. That is a little too much work. No reason the Omnibus can't be restarted on nights when the parade and/or fireworks aren't right at closing time. The area has been way too congested to even consider it for a while. You would only do it on nights the park is open to midnight or later since there are two evening parades. But, I don't expect it back.

What I think is more likely is an expansion of hours before the parades. With more room, it should be easier to restart some of the vehicles after Castle shows. As it is, transportation usually only runs until about 10:00am. There is a lot of atmosphere lost by not running these vehicles more. If you don't get to the park before 10, you may not even know they exist.

wogwog

My point is that it wasn't always that way. Not running the vehicles at night is relatively recent. I don't expect the trolly. That is a little too much work. No reason the Omnibus can't be restarted on nights when the parade and/or fireworks aren't right at closing time. The area has been way too congested to even consider it for a while. You would only do it on nights the park is open to midnight or later since there are two evening parades. But, I don't expect it back.

What I think is more likely is an expansion of hours before the parades. With more room, it should be easier to restart some of the vehicles after Castle shows. As it is, transportation usually only runs until about 10:00am. There is a lot of atmosphere lost by not running these vehicles more. If you don't get to the park before 10, you may not even know they exist.
You and me both. It may be an issue of driver availability. Evening PAC is predominately seasonal cast along with college kids, CPs and ICPs. The vehicles I have seen are standard transmissions. Some maybe, but not many young people can even drive a standard.

ABQ

You and me both. It may be an issue of driver availability. Evening PAC is predominately seasonal cast along with college kids, CPs and ICPs. The vehicles I have seen are standard transmissions. Some maybe, but not many young people can even drive a standard.
Sad case that is. I'm the only person I know who still drives a stick, in both my vehicles. But I'm an olde fart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom