Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

FutureWorld1982

I know it's not done... I am just wondering why they removed the scaffolding without putting the finishing touches.

IMG_6607.jpg

Next Big Thing

Photo update as of Thursday, September 24. Originally reported on September 4th, the scrim is now removed and a new building façade has appeared to the left of the Town Plaza Restaurant, extending the Main Street theme into the bypass area. Originally, this was a plain brick wall.

View attachment 111929
This was never actually painted to look like a brick wall. It was the walls further down that still are. This was as plain as plain can be.

Goofyernmost

There is plain backstage building between two facades. No effort to theme the middle portion
Both plain sides are part of a single facade. It is not unusual to see building with a section that is ornate in the middle and plain on both sides. It's how many buildings are designed. There is nothing missing that is supposed to be there. That is why I had to ask, nothing at all seems out of place to me. Should every square inch be ornate for it to be realistic or is it the other way around?

How would you suggest that be able to transition from one structure to another without a change of design?

DrewmanS

There is plain backstage building between two facades. No effort to theme the middle portion
My guess is that the original scaffolding was put in place to install the facade (which may have been prefab and pre painted) but was not appropriate for paining the rest of the building.
I would imaging the rest of the building will be painted to blend in or painted a go away green or blue if trees are replanted in front. You can see paint scaffolding further down, so they are not done yet and will likely work their way to this corner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom