Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Crazydisneyfanluke

The new tech booths for the stage are on top of the pavilions, right? Is there still a plan to have stage lights & follow spots rise out of these booths? Or are the lights somehow built into the new turrets?

I assume that the temporary truss is there because all of the stage's front lights were removed during the renovation.
They are for the new night time show for MNSSHP. Once both booths are complete, i would expect them to house similar lighting for stage shows. Until then i would think that these will remain until the Beginning of Nov.

SpaceMountain75

Finally got to see all the hub hype today. I'm pretty impressed with what's done so far, I think I'll like it a lot better when all the clutter in front of the castle is gone. The views from the bridges are particularly pretty to me.
image.jpeg

Also, here's an update on what's going on:
From Liberty Square looking towards Cyrstal Palace:
image.jpeg

Same section from the other wall:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Concrete is all poured on east side, still dirt on west:
image.jpeg

Ben E

Curious if anyone knows of the MSEP FP+ viewing location will move back to the Hub once construction is complete? We have them for 11/16 and last week MDE was showing them in the plaza but today they're showing back at Town Square. Anyone have any insight?

flyerjab

Placing this link here to the Disney at Work site. They have some nice photos and write-ups on current WDW projects. This link is for the MK and focuses mainly on the Hub work. There are some photos detailing some of the work on the 3rd turret, as well as one of the new covered locations for the popcorn carts (that is now open and in operation).

http://disneyatwork.com/2015/09/new-touches-to-the-magic-kingdom/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom