Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

cspencer96

what does *1023* mean?
It's a mysterious thing..for a mysterious account...run by a mysterious person...did I mention it's *MYSTERIOUS*?
53934820.jpg

Yeah. When he came here a short time ago I didn't think that signature would stick long.

It has.

cspencer96

Wouldn't the Utilidors make retractable light poles difficult?
No, because the utilidors aren't really a "first floor for the MK" like they are often described. They are more like hallways, and yes, they are under some areas and that would prevent excavation, but there is also a ton of dirt around those halls. They could easily dig down and do it if they wanted. IIRC, the only one in that area runs in a straight line down Main St., under Partners, and to the Castle. It then connects with the other side of the main ring in the back under Fantasyland.

WDWLover#1

You know what's weird-I've been in the parks the last couple of days and those poles in the hub I've not noticed. I knew they were there but they just didn't bother me or stand out.
Also side point- on Friday there were helicopters (red on bottom wavy yellow stripe in middle black/blue on to) flying low around typhoon lagoon every half hour or so. Does anyone know what this is?

halltd

Also side point- on Friday there were helicopters (red on bottom wavy yellow stripe in middle black/blue on to) flying low around typhoon lagoon every half hour or so. Does anyone know what this is?
Didn't someone already answer that same question of yours in this thread like five pages back? They're just the annoying local tourist helicopters from either 192 or I-Drive.

JoeCamel

What is behind these doors? Is it a small space for infrastructure needs? Is it access down to the Utilidors? I want to peek in there so bad!

Cinderella-Castle_Full_25119.jpg

I usually see the fireworks guys going in and out of those doors, lets get technical - Pryotechnicians!

My guess is you can get to the backstage area of the castle through there and the utilidoor does run right under that area

Eärendil

No. The poles telescope. While they certainly could go a few feet below grade, they would not need to retract below ground level, but instead telescope downward into a box hidden by landscaping, or a fake rock, etc.

That makes more sense, thank you. I wasn't thinking of telescoping poles.

Either way, the likelihood of me noticing is almost non-existent.

Next Big Thing

No. The poles telescope. While they certainly could go a few feet below grade, they would not need to retract below ground level, but instead telescope downward into a box hidden by landscaping, or a fake rock, etc.
The utilidors aren't below where the lighting poles are. The only place along Main street where the tunnels run is basically a straight shot down Main street, ending at the train station. There is cross points underneath so when parades are going on it makes crossing the street easier. The entrance to the tunnels is just below the Village Haus and circle the park from there.

Monorail_Red_77

What is behind these doors? Is it a small space for infrastructure needs? Is it access down to the Utilidors? I want to peek in there so bad!

Cinderella-Castle_Full_25119.jpg

Those doors are not really all that small. Based on another pic I saw of a construction worker very near them. They look to be about 5 or 6 feet high. Probably just used for storage and other infrastructure access.

Monorail_Red_77

Are we sure that some of the light poles are not temporary and will come down once the other turrets are finished?

I have heard both ways on here. Yes the are permanent, yes the are temporary. I think that we will just have to wait and see what is left after the refurb wraps up.

Next Big Thing

Don't anyone confuse the "Stairs to castle" and "Elevator to castle" as being what those doorways are for. I've seen both in person and know where they end up and it's not there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom