Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Victor Kelly

Agreed. Only a major event or world wide concern would cause MK attendance to drop at this point.

Speaking as someone who has worked with safety and security, I do see issues with an evacuation plan. If perchance something happened in the MK, the current crowds would make it near impossible to get everyone safely out in under an hour with those nightly shows, even using back and side entry doors. It's best we not think on it, but this is the job of security to think about and I'm sure they're not happy with the crowds. Holidays must be a nightmare from their perspective.

We have a term in the security industry, its called a cluster(insert naughty word here). The safest thing for a person to do is huddle in a small area, and let the terrified sheeple run past, then follow. MK would be a nightmare to evac under the best of circumstances, which means no panic. Throw in a panic stricken situation and there will be casualties as well as all the other Murphy's Laws appearances.

For the views, the old views of a more mature park are long gone. Less benches are here to stay.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Sorry dude, but fireworks and MSEP / Spectro were nightly.

And castle shows have been regular since the 70s.
I was speaking of the castle projections, not the stage shows. And I have to disagree. I have read old trip reports from people back in the late 90's and early 00's that stated the fireworks were not every night. They were talking about having to go there on a specific night to see them, or they would miss them that trip.

ABQ

But in all seriousness, he and Mickey were released a few days ago.
This from today, found on instagram
11410338_627595870708182_1643719333_n.jpg

note2001

Perfect !! Just in time for my trip in a couple days with no penalty box ruining the photo op
OK, now you did it. Not sure if you're aware, but you are only allowed to say "my trip in a couple days" around here if you pay back for all the info you've gotten with pictures of the Disney area. Subject matter doesn't matter much, but for this thread it should be something around the hub: a shoe, moth, work going on under the turret tarps, Tink on a wire... ;) (oh, and you must take the pics yourself, no cheating)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom