Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

MissM

I wouldn't really say that New Year's Eve is all the time. It's a daily thing in the Magic Kingdom.
What I mean is it has happened for YEARS on busy days such as NYE for an example. It's not like it only happened one odd time and never again. It's a very common occurrence on super busy days. So anyone who thinks this kind of thing "never happened" in Disney before the hub faux-grass was installed is incorrect.

wdrive

What I mean is it has happened for YEARS on busy days such as NYE for an example. It's not like it only happened one odd time and never again. It's a very common occurrence on super busy days. So anyone who thinks this kind of thing "never happened" in Disney before the hub faux-grass was installed is incorrect.

I understand your point but it is still an unusual occurrence at Epcot whereas it's unusual not to happen at MK. At Epcot I'd say it would be preferable if it never happened.

note2001

Not to mention people do it ALL THE TIME in Epcot for example waiting out New Year's Eve and such:

monorail_lawn_nappers.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

489.JPG

You have no clue how shocked I was the first time I saw this happen on New years Eve. :) One hour and many shoulder bumps, and toe stomps later while inching along to the China Pavilion and I found myself wishing I had joined them on the grass.

Last edited:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
You have no clue how shocked I was the first time I saw this happen on New years Eve. :) One hour and many shoulder bumps, toe stomps later while inching along to the China Pavilion and I found myself wishing I had joined them on the grass.
There were signs posted on NYE at Epcot indicating that you couldn't grab a spot on the grass until a certain time (5 pm, maybe?), so the grass-sitting was indeed a "sanctioned" activity that day.

ToTBellHop

NYE is gross everywhere besides your own house. People also have to use Port-o-Potties in Epcot on NYE at Epcot. No appeal to me. They are sleeping on the grass, where the ducks poop, which is not even allowed any other day of the year, because the lines are too long. If I saw a 70-minute line at Journey Into Imagination at 2 pm and had to stick it out til midnight, I'd be sleeping in duck poop, too.

Snoozing on AstroTurf is jarring to me, too. I might feel different if it were Mary Poppins sitting on the fake grass next to Bert laying down.

psherman42

Personally, I see nothing wrong with people sitting/laying on the astroturf during the daytime and if Disney didn't want people to do that, they would have put gates or fences around it to keep people out except for around Wishes. And honestly, isn't it better if they're there than sitting on the ground somewhere else in the park where they could potentially be in the way of foot traffic?

ToTBellHop

Personally, I see nothing wrong with people sitting/laying on the astroturf during the daytime and if Disney didn't want people to do that, they would have put gates or fences around it to keep people out except for around Wishes. And honestly, isn't it better if they're there than sitting on the ground somewhere else in the park where they could potentially be in the way of foot traffic?
Absolutely. Except for when I wat to tape my Sound of Music-inspired video dancing with the Castle in the background. Then I'll sue them for loitering if I trip on them.

msteel

OK. I am going to say this once.
People are not laying on the grass in MK. If they are, please tell me WHAT they are laying there - never mind, I don't want to know that.

(they are lying on the grass)

OK, had to get that off my chest. Now I'm done. Carry on.

roj2323

See and that's the funny part. They do have gates to block it off but they leave them open. I honestly think it's nice to have a place to sit and have a picnic if I want to.

Rose&Crowner

You have no clue how shocked I was the first time I saw this happen on New years Eve. :) One hour and many shoulder bumps, and toe stomps later while inching along to the China Pavilion and I found myself wishing I had joined them on the grass.

You could imagine how shocked we were in February when all of Brazil used the epcot greenery as an impromptu football pitch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom