Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Cesar R M

It offends me. As if I have enough money to shop at WalMart! All those fancy-pants people and their Rollbacks. Jeez. Thankfully Disney hasn't started flea marketing their product and have stayed with a classy role-model such as Walmart.
7fiq8fg.gif

wogwog

well, that was fast!
They also had to seal all the west side new concrete again Monday and had that area closed while it dried. They should remove the duck tape holding on some of the top rails on the iron railings on the just opened east side in front of Plaza Restaurant. Shoddy construction. Several new sections of concrete on Main St. around the passing track were poured Monday and were full of spider web cracks on Tuesday.

Cesar R M

They also had to seal all the west side new concrete again Monday and had that area closed while it dried. They should remove the duck tape holding on some of the top rails on the iron railings on the just opened east side in front of Plaza Restaurant. Shoddy construction. Several new sections of concrete on Main St. around the passing track were poured Monday and were full of spider web cracks on Tuesday.
perhaps they didnt expect very cold mornings and very hot afternoons?
when the concrete dries way too fast.. it cracks.

amy_

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but am I right in thinking that the red concrete directly in front of the castle is going to be replaced? If so, I don't suppose anyone has an estimate of when this will be started?

Otamin

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but am I right in thinking that the red concrete directly in front of the castle is going to be replaced? If so, I don't suppose anyone has an estimate of when this will be started?
Anytime between now and November.

We sadly don't know for sure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Educated guess would be when the stage work commences. July 19- August 22.

Kman101

Saw the new hub today.

I want trees. So badly. There are some but not tall shade trees and that would be SO appreciated. It was hot today. Very hot.

But other than that, I love the new hub. I think they've done a great job with it. The landscaping is beautiful, the fountains are very much a welcome sight, and the seating around the planters is much appreciated.

I loved the open park feeling (minus the REAL trees) and I think it's great you can actually enjoy the hub again. Relax, walk around. People were relaxing in the grass.

Oh, the grass. It felt pretty natural. Looks very nice. All of it was clean, too ;) And I didn't burn myself touching it ;)

The partners area was well done, IMO. It is quite open. I don't like how people can easily sit around it now. I had to wedge between people to take a photo but maybe the railing will go back on soon. It needs to.

I like that the area is much more open, but I desperately want SHADE. Did I mention it was a little warm today? And crowded. Very crowded. But not the new hub areas. You can walk around in peace, and enjoy it.

Believe me, the open spaces WILL be welcome. I walked into the park at 2:50 before the parade started and the new walkways were a blessing. I'll try to get a few pics up.

And before anyone tells me they added trees, yes, the did. They're nice. I took some pictures, but it's still a concrete jungle. Overall though, the new hub is very well done. A shame so many have already made up their minds about it.

TomHendricks

Saw the new hub today.

I want trees. So badly. There are some but not tall shade trees and that would be SO appreciated. It was hot today. Very hot.

But other than that, I love the new hub. I think they've done a great job with it. The landscaping is beautiful, the fountains are very much a welcome sight, and the seating around the planters is much appreciated.

I loved the open park feeling (minus the REAL trees) and I think it's great you can actually enjoy the hub again. Relax, walk around. People were relaxing in the grass.

Oh, the grass. It felt pretty natural. Looks very nice. All of it was clean, too ;) And I didn't burn myself touching it ;)

The partners area was well done, IMO. It is quite open. I don't like how people can easily sit around it now. I had to wedge between people to take a photo but maybe the railing will go back on soon. It needs to.

I like that the area is much more open, but I desperately want SHADE. Did I mention it was a little warm today? And crowded. Very crowded. But not the new hub areas. You can walk around in peace, and enjoy it.

Believe me, the open spaces WILL be welcome. I walked into the park at 2:50 before the parade started and the new walkways were a blessing. I'll try to get a few pics up.

And before anyone tells me they added trees, yes, the did. They're nice. I took some pictures, but it's still a concrete jungle. Overall though, the new hub is very well done. A shame so many have already made up their minds about it.
But did you get the cancer?

WDWLover#1

But did you get the cancer?
Trust me, I'm still wondering. Weirdest response to a post I've made on the internet ever. I still didn't get what he meant even after he explained his response. In my mind, it's a hub. I still don't really get where the illness that kills people and destroys families came into it. If anyone else has any ideas please put them forward. ;)

Cesar R M

Trust me, I'm still wondering. Weirdest response to a post I've made on the internet ever. I still didn't get what he meant even after he explained his response. In my mind, it's a hub. I still don't really get where the illness that kills people and destroys families came into it. If anyone else has any ideas please put them forward. ;)
the fake grass man.. the horrible fake grass!

hpyhnt 1000

Over time (if the new trees are allowed to grow in) the new outer ring path should begin to somewhat resemble the shady, tree lined beauty of the old Hub. The seating areas and paths next to Casey's and The Plaza should also become decently shady in the coming years.

Unfortunately, the bulk of the area, especially the main circle containing the Partners statue, will continue to be a hot, concrete hard scape with no shade or seating. At least what little greenery there is will look nicer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom