Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

flyerjab

Photo discovery as of Tuesday, Mar 10. Riding the Epcot monorail you pass by a construction/staging area where the old airstrip used to be in the mid-20th century (east side of monorail). Two towers are being constructed in this area, only visible for a few seconds. The tower on the left is still metal framework. The tower on the right has a outer covering. Both are yet to be finished and painted, with no top yet. I originally posted this under Pirates of the Caribbean thinking they might be part of the refurbishment. With help from other forum members, I believe these are towers for the hub redevelopment, to be placed on either side of the castle.

img_5033-jpg.86337

in this photo, you see the right tower with the "turret top" shape.

img_5035-jpg.86338

Your photographic prowess continues to amaze me. Pretty soon you are gonna start posting photos of forum members on here the way you can find things.

Otamin

interesting tree choice in the central hub planters. Those will grow a bit faster/bigger than the ligustrums that they removed. Not Water Oak big...but decent size if they let them.
How big are we talking? Because at the moment they're quite frankly pathetic in size.

I was hoping the horizon from Main Street was going to look a slight bit better, but apparently not.

Aside from the trees the new central hub looks decent enough.

Monorail_Red_77

Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever gotten a daytime picture of the castle in recent years without birds sitting on Tinkerbell's wire?.. I mean, the cable wire so Cinderella can watch Disney Channel? ;)

They should rig up a decent sized rubber mallet on an automatic servo-motor to hit the zipline cable at certain intervals from the tomorrow land end. This would send vibrations down the cable and scare away the birds. Not sure how the continual vibrations every few minutes would effect the integrity of the cable though. Tinkerbell might make it to the ground a bit quicker?

Or on the flip side they could charge $1.00 per shot and setup a fantasyland shootin' arcade in the hub area. Just tell the kids that the birds are animatronic. :hilarious:

donsullivan

Premium Member
I feel bad for the poor flowers at the edge of the walls around the Partners statue. They're brand new and already getting trampled to death.

Hopefully when all of this gets finished they'll put the railing back up to remind folks they should not go past that. Lots of railings seem to be trailing behind other parts of this project and then just randomly show up one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom