Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

dstrawn9889

The turrets are actually about 50% complete already.
the forward ones, but if you look there is ALSO another set further back, in the old treeline
new-hub-closer.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

This is awesome to see. A couple days ago I was actually wondering if they would prefab these (and the two other popcorn cart buildings) and then fly/truck them in at night. It's great to see this is what they're actually doing!! So the only "ugly" work that will be visible in the park is ground work. Yay!

Plus, once they are ready to "pop" in place. They will not be there one day and then instantly there the next. Looing like they have always been there.

Monorail_Red_77

Ahh look at those people sitting on the railing. If only there were something Disney could put in that area to give people a place to sit for a few moments. Just can't think of what that thing would be...

Great update as usual, @WDWtraveler. Much appreciated.

Wouldn't it be funny if Disney put in a retro fit onto the railings. Some spike strips, kinda like they do with power line poles to keep the birds from landing and/or nesting on them. LOL Maybe even make them pressure sensitive like tire spike strips used at Military Bases, among other places. would make for a great video. :hilarious:

Monorail_Red_77

So I have always wondered this... Does the tent structure on the Forecourt Stage in front of the Castle allow access to the utilidors or just access underneath the stage only? I have seen in other pics I have taken that there is a lower level to the stage via side doors on the stage itself. any thoughts? Maybe that area can be cleaned up too with the Hub refurb. Somehow get the same usage and ability to hide backstage stuff from guests but not so tent like? I dunno. Maybe I'm grasping at Troll hairs here.

jmmc

Whether or not you like the fact that things were changed and some things were removed, I think this all still looks very nice. I will say that I am also not thrilled with the idea of basically selling tickets for fireworks viewing, I do think there was definitely a need for making more room for foot traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom