Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Cesar R M

Yah.. I really did not go in the tunnels any time other than work and i either went right to my break room or to the cafe a few times... other than that... I've gone to the character zoo room a hand full of times.
speaking of character zoo. do they even remove their heads or they have to keep the head on at all times?
I find it interesting if they were to keep all suits on all the time o_O

(ps, sorry for asking too many questions. I'm just very curious of how all things work. Thats what us engineers do )

I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour on 2/28 and we went to the utilidors.
Thanks, on my next visit I will probably get the tour.

Cesar R M

IMG_3564-X2.jpg

DSC9930.jpg

tr03.gif
all the cars.. working.. in the streets.. of disneyland.. :|
I only seen the 2 carriages working at disneyworld . not the bus, not the cars.. :/

betty rose

Avoid late Jan-Apr, especially this year, unless you don't care about riding 60% of the rides that are down for refurb or enhancements for the 60th. We go about 5 times a year, and usually take one trip in the Jan-Apr timeframe just because crowds are virtually non-existent then.

Not this year though, both parks look like a war zone.
Thanks for the info...looking at next year...:D

betty rose

Just to be ornery... in what way does it change? I went there in 2005 (50th DL Anniversary). It was nice, it was historic and it was worthy of note, however, it didn't change anything about my perspective about overall Disney. Of course, it must be considered that I have been accused on many occasions of being dead on the inside. :grumpy::happy:
I can't say anything about Disneyland, but the pictures sure look pretty. Please, I'm not starting anything with anyone, I learned from another thread.:D:eek:

Goofyernmost

I can't say anything about Disneyland, but the pictures sure look pretty. Please, I'm not starting anything with anyone, I learned from another thread.:D:eek:
Please, betty rose, you are placing way to much concern about what happens to a thread. Just because you mentioned something isn't the reason that it goes in other directions. For example, I wasn't even aware that you were involved in this thread (I seldom look to see who posts what). I just read something and either feel compelled to comment or just move on. Even my comments are usually not intended to be confrontational, just my opinion that may differ from someone else's. I guess I should make clear every time that I don't really care what other people think, that is their personal being. In this case, I was bewildered because having been there I wasn't sure what the OP was observing that I didn't and why it impacted them and not me. Most of your posts have been in the form of question or support, you have no reason to be concerned about that.

betty rose

Please, betty rose, you are placing way to much concern about what happens to a thread. Just because you mentioned something isn't the reason that it goes in other directions. For example, I wasn't even aware that you were involved in this thread (I seldom look to see who posts what). I just read something and either feel compelled to comment or just move on. Even my comments are usually not intended to be confrontational, just my opinion that may differ from someone else's. I guess I should make clear every time that I don't really care what other people think, that is their personal being. In this case, I was bewildered because having been there I wasn't sure what the OP was observing that I didn't and why it impacted them and not me. Most of your posts have been in the form of question or support, you have no reason to be concerned about that.
Thank you so much, that was such a kind thing to say. I'm really new...and don't know what is allowed, or not. I was very opinionated in the smoking vs. non smoking blog. And things didn't turn out, the way I expected. I still have a lot to learn about posting on this blog, but I'm willing to learn, if most can tolerate me. ;)

ThemeParkTraveller

Going to Disneyland made me see how nice it is when all the rides are kept clean and effects working. The best example being Buzz Lightyear. I forgot how much is supposed to move on that ride which shows how long the WDW version has been ignored by maintenance.

This is true for the most part, but there are still some exceptions. The most notable being Indiana Jones Adventure, where the Chamber of Destiny has been broken pretty much since after the 2013 refurb. The paths do not switch/doors remain unlit (leading to an incorrect message from Mara about the door you're entering), and sometimes the doors are even stuck open, ruining the Hall of Promise effect ahead. I remember the effects used to work with pretty high frequency, so I was very surprised it still hasn't been fixed yet.

Mike S

This is true for the most part, but there are still some exceptions. The most notable being Indiana Jones Adventure, where the Chamber of Destiny has been broken pretty much since after the 2013 refurb. The paths do not switch/doors remain unlit (leading to an incorrect message from Mara about the door you're entering), and sometimes the doors are even stuck open, ruining the Hall of Promise effect ahead. I remember the effects used to work with pretty high frequency, so I was very surprised it still hasn't been fixed yet.
My brother asked a cast member after the ride and they said an upcoming refurb will fix that. I think it's this month actually but I don't know.

wdwfan757

My first morning in DL, I thought it was amazing. I said "man, WDW should be more like this". 14 hours later when every pathway was blocked off by ropes, the hub was saturated with people, and half of fantasyland was closed for fireworks, I decided that there are definite cons to their picturesque park. I think DL is definitely the "best" in the US, but I'm not sure the tourists and East Coast personnas that inundate the FL parks would mesh well with the claustrophibia you get in DL sometimes. It can be like Metro Center at 5pm

erclvrb18

speaking of character zoo. do they even remove their heads or they have to keep the head on at all times?
I find it interesting if they were to keep all suits on all the time o_O

(ps, sorry for asking too many questions. I'm just very curious of how all things work. Thats what us engineers do )

Thanks, on my next visit I will probably get the tour.
as far as I know they have to keep in full costume until they are at there designated area they are meant to be at...

princesses on the other hand... they go to the cafe in what looks like bloomers... yes a night shirt like top and actual bloomers... I saw that a lot...

Grumpy1973

as far as I know they have to keep in full costume until they are at there designated area they are meant to be at...

princesses on the other hand... they go to the cafe in what looks like bloomers... yes a night shirt like top and actual bloomers... I saw that a lot...
Mmmm mm.. Next time take pics for me:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom