Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

RSoxNo1

While I like the new viewing areas....I'm not liking that guests plop their pudge down, lay around on the fake grass and take off their shoes like it's their friggin home as these photo's show....:hungover:
DSC9895.jpg

Get a room.

007mickey

While I like the new viewing areas....I'm not liking that guests plop their pudge down, lay around on the fake grass and take off their shoes like it's their friggin home as these photo's show....:hungover:
DSC9895.jpg
DSC9898.jpg
DSC9929.jpg

What are the chances Disney puts up signage about "keeping your shoes on"? Come to think of it, I'm sure there is already a policy about having to wear shoes for park entry.

G00fyDad

DSC9895.jpg
DSC9898.jpg
DSC9929.jpg

Seriously. Why are we such a sloppy citizenry? I propose we set up a People of Magic Kingdom page. Just because the park is geared increasingly toward 3-year olds doesn't mean we should see how they're made.

You realize that this is a park right? If you don't think people should be laying on the grass at the park then maybe Disney should add some more benches.

MarkTwain

If I had to list my complaints with the WDW (and particularly the MK) experience in recent years, among the highest would be how much they have recently lost the sense of slowness and relaxation usually associated with vacations.

In the era of months-in-advance TSR reservations and people rushing from FP+ to FP+, it's hard to believe the Magic Kingdom was once the epicenter of what Disney called the "Vacation Kingdom of the World." I wonder how many people truly come home from a WDW trip and feel refreshed and rejuvenated, as they should.

If people want to take their shoes off and relax, good for them. I'm glad people are finding ways to find a moment of solace and relaxation on their Magic Kingdom days, and I'm glad Disney is providing them the opportunity.

For the first in a long time, maybe the park will truly start feeling like a "park" again. :)

note2001

If I had to list my complaints with the WDW (and particularly the MK) experience in recent years, among the highest would be how much they have recently lost the sense of slowness and relaxation usually associated with vacations.

In the era of months-in-advance TSR reservations and people rushing from FP+ to FP+, it's hard to believe the Magic Kingdom was once the epicenter of what Disney called the "Vacation Kingdom of the World." I wonder how many people truly come home from a WDW trip and feel refreshed and rejuvenated, as they should.

If people want to take their shoes off and relax, good for them. I'm glad people are finding ways to find a moment of solace and relaxation on their Magic Kingdom days, and I'm glad Disney is providing them the opportunity.

For the first in a long time, maybe the park will truly start feeling like a "park" again. :)

Wow, I so agree. It's nice to see folk relaxing for a change in the MK.
So many people are acting as though shoes off in a public place covered in 'grass' that's meant to be sat upon will be the end of the world. No wonder the rest of the world thinks of us Americans as prudes. CHILL folk. it's just a bunch of toes. Nothing private.
In fact many guests walk about in flip flops. Horrors! The toes! They're naked! How can we handle it?

I think the couple on the ground in front of the castle could make a wonderful engagement announcement card. If it gets too personal, I'll let security step in and handle it while walking away laughing.

You won't find me sitting on the ground as my knees will take advantage of the situation and leave me stranded there for the rest of the day. :) Also wouldn't want to stand up with icecream stuck to my hands or backside. But for those who risk it: Good for them!

Goofyernmost

I'm all for taking your shoes off on a germy thrown up on, food dropped on turf... But making out? Please. There's resorts for that.
I am pretty old, but, when I was young and randy, that was not my idea of "making out". If that is what it is now, I'm glad I'm old. All I see is two people who even have their faces at least 2 feet apart. They obviously like each other but unless my memory is completely gone, that is not an example of making out. Has the potential, yes, but there are probably hundreds of things that were possibly happening there.

prfctlyximprct

I am pretty old, but, when I was young and randy, that was not my idea of "making out". If that is what it is now, I'm glad I'm old. All I see is two people who even have their faces at least 2 feet apart. They obviously like each other but unless my memory is completely gone, that is not an example of making out. Has the potential, yes, but there are probably hundreds of things that were possibly happening there.

I guess I am prude for my age but I personally don't find laying on the ground suggestively the ideal image for magic kingdom. I'll be the girl barfing on the AstroTurf watching the PDA.

Eric1955

What are the chances Disney puts up signage about "keeping your shoes on"? Come to think of it, I'm sure there is already a policy about having to wear shoes for park entry.

I would imagine this could become a safety concern for Disney if someone steps on something. Plus it grosses me out.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I guess I am prude for my age but I personally don't find laying on the ground suggestively the ideal image for magic kingdom. I'll be the girl barfing on the AstroTurf watching the PDA.

Kids today...They listen to that Wreckx-N-Effect and then all they want to do is zooma zoom zoom in her boom boom.

Between the potential barfing and the other activities that may or may not transpire on the new turf, I think I'll keep my shoes on ;)

prfctlyximprct

To quote Alexander from the comments on the m i c e c h a t site these photos are from "First, it requires deep cleaning every night due to unforeseeable circumstances like candy, chocolate, vomit, infant fecal matter and the biological detritus leaving the skin of people with the grossest skin problems like merca."

I won't be picnicking on the turf anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom