Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

mm121

are they still going to do the side sections of the hub? to give them an outer ring too? or was that part of the plan dropped?
Tomorrowland planter is out from behind walls. Looks like the planters nearby. Hoping a large tree may find a home here soon.
jpj57k.jpg
seems odd they put ropes around a concrete planter, its not like it can be damaged.

probably just marked it to make it obvious that its not quite finished yet.
Also, there are new patches on back of plaza restaurant, perhaps for further additions to fix the sight line problems.
24zhjx2.jpg

seems they would build a false facade or something,
though overall the entire bypass project is a bust, it could have been something great,

would of loved to see an arcade type thing like in paris, and they could have justified it by building event space on the second floor.

as MK doesn't really have eventspace for conventions etc to my knowledge, and the space they do have at epcot in the world showcase is simply temporary space that was never torn down.

Monorail_Red_77

are they still going to do the side sections of the hub? to give them an outer ring too? or was that part of the plan dropped?

seems odd they put ropes around a concrete planter, its not like it can be damaged.

seems they would build a false facade or something,
though overall the entire bypass project is a bust, it could have been something great,

would of loved to see an arcade type thing like in paris, and they could have justified it by building event space on the second floor.

as MK doesn't really have eventspace for conventions etc to my knowledge, and the space they do have at epcot in the world showcase is simply temporary space that was never torn down.

Maybe the patch spots are where a façade will attach. Perhaps an entrance sign of some type to help break the sight lines up a bit? o_O

Only time will tell.

Rob562

That's the next part of the project. They didn't/couldn't have the entire Hub walled off at one time so they're doing it in phases.

Most likely the paint on it is still wet.

-Rob

Bolt

im feeling that once it becomes fastpass time they will stop allowing people inside in the daytime... just like with the big grassy garden that they only took pictures of celebrities on but you/us normal ppl can't go on...

(just a thought)

I hope not... because seeing people laying on the grass relaxing in the day makes the part of the park
more real...
This won't happen.

It's like saying they will shut down all of Town Square because that's used for parade viewing. They just clear it with notice.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Very nice indeed. And very needed.

But the pole problem.

View attachment 84638
(Photo from this site)

Hopefully they'll realise what an oversight / c ock up this is and fix it fast.
Yep here is a few more examples. The speaker cans as well can pretty much take out the entire view of the castle, although no great way to deal with that.

DSC02624 (1).jpg
DSC02654 (1).jpg
DSC02631.jpg
DSC02642.jpg
DSC02619.jpg

halltd

I just wish they'd do away with castle projections so you didn't need to see the base of the castle so much. Fireworks are way up in the sky. The castle also looks better surrounded by trees. If the projections went away, sight lines wouldn't be an issue anymore. But yes, I know this isn't going to happen. To me though, the castle projections never look good anyways because of the varied surfaces and blue roofs. When it's just color and pattern, it looks good. When they try to put up people's faces and stuff, it's just a blur.

psherman42

Ok so, I completely understand why the pole in the middle of the castle is a problem. I personally, would be pretty disappointed if I got a fastpass for Wishes (Not like I ever would but that's beside the point) and then that was the view. However, when my family was in Disneyland this past December/January, we did the dining package for World of Color since we'd never seen the show before and wanted to make sure we got a good spot. Our viewing location was great, but it also had a pole similar to that directly in front of us. Would I have preferred it not to be there? Sure. Did it completely ruin my enjoyment of the show? No.
There being too much Frozen did. Just kidding. Kind of.

Father Robinson

Soooo much time spent on creating an aesthetically pleasing area to view shows - that the hub trees were originally removed to see, and now there are giant unsightly lamp posts to ruin the same view that the trees ruined. Whether they do or do not block the same amount of visual space is irrelevant, they still ruin the view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom