Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Cesar R M

Yes, I do. I enjoy it a lot too, actually. The amount of guest interaction and freedom to roam is something I love and (for the most part) nothing is ever THAT nasty. The chemicals supplied make for easy and quick clean ups and don't involve actually touching the spill in most cases.
not even CODE V? ;)

Cesar R M

Based on some of the concept pics I have seen. I wonder if they will fade more into the background once all of the new trees have been installed and they get a bit of growth on them. I wonder how close the remainder of the new trees that have not been planted yet are going to the new light poles? I agree right now the light poles could look better. I can't help but think that we are getting up in arms a bit too early without seeing the fully completed product.

Kinda like back when mine coaster / splash / thunder mountain were being built. Someone might have said, "What the heck is it with all this wire mesh ****. This doesn't look like a mountain." Yet, once complete it looks pretty darn good.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Based on pic below. See how the light pole is near the tree. True the tree is in it's winter mode. But, once it fills out for spring, etc. I don't think you will be able to see the lilght pole as much.

I still find it interesting that there are TWO poles next to each other.
Its like.. are they going to test if the current poles are enough if not to install more with more lightning?
or one of them is temporal?

Next Big Thing

Inquiring minds want to know: What other codes do you have that are worse than a V? (Casey's hotdogs come to mind as pretty tough. I had a 2 yo who ruined my carpeting with hotdogs. No thanks, never served them again either, LOL)
I shouldn't really disclose that information, as we use codes to keep guests from panicking or becoming disgusted, etc. I will say though that what I am speaking of all comes out of the human body.

peter11435

I'm curious how legal would allow the instillation of sports turf. Lots of liability between the slipperyness when wet and the heat it retains from the sun.

Sound be some interesting lawsuits....
They already use the same turf around playgrounds and other areas every year during the flower and garden festival. It's also used in several locations around the all star resorts. Not to mention it's been in use at universal orlando for many years near rip ride rocket.

Monorail_Red_77

They already use the same turf around playgrounds and other areas every year during the flower and garden festival. It's also used in several locations around the all star resorts. Not to mention it's been in use at universal orlando for many years near rip ride rocket.

Yes All Star Sports is holding up quite well. Was just there in Jan. Plus as a bonus had cheerleaders practicing right in front of our hotel room. On Mickey Field. :geek:

Next Big Thing

Just in time for the FastPass usage tonight. I'm impressed they got it done, that side looked quite a way behind the West. Let us know if you see it open up.

Thanks.
There was an insane amount of workers out there all day yesterday and the park closed early so they had a long night to get things done so i'm not too surprised. They definitely were under a deadline to get this open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom