Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

note2001

Has anyone noticed the error on the new maps?View attachment 84647
Disney is promoting a new movie about an octopus being held hostage in company that prints guide maps for top amusement parks. The octopus attempts to get his message out by adding blobs and icons to each map printed in hopes that someone will put them all together, figure it out and rescue him.

Unfortunately, there is a smart mouse who keeps catching his messages.

PhotoDave219

They already use the same turf around playgrounds and other areas every year during the flower and garden festival. It's also used in several locations around the all star resorts. Not to mention it's been in use at universal orlando for many years near rip ride rocket.

I'm not sure using Rip Ride Rocket as a paragon of safety is the best example you could use....

PhotoDave219

I shouldn't really disclose that information, as we use codes to keep guests from panicking or becoming disgusted, etc. I will say though that what I am speaking of all comes out of the human body.

That's common knowledge. You're not saying stuff we haven't been discussing on these forms since 2003.

KDM31091

It seems pretty terrible that it is now basically impossible to get an unobstructed view of the Castle (i.e. without some sort of pole or lamp in the way). What a ridiculous oversight considering the Castle is one of the most photographed things in WDW, so having a ruined view of it kind of matters!

I suspect most of the ones on the sides will kind of blend in as we all get used to it and the trees are planted/fill in for spring/summer, but the ones in the dead center are absurd.

TomP

Has anyone noticed the error on the new maps?View attachment 84647
Magdeburg-Water-Bridge-0[6].jpg

Next Big Thing

That's common knowledge. You're not saying stuff we haven't been discussing on these forms since 2003.
I'm sorry, but where did I say I was saying anything groundbreaking? I wasn't speaking towards the actual happenings moreso than the Code names and what they relate to. I assume most people on here know what a Code V is, but most probably don't know the rest.

Thank you for once again being a giant know it all though

Sage of Time

Very nice indeed. And very needed.

But the pole problem.

View attachment 84638
(Photo from this site)

Hopefully they'll realise what an oversight / c ock up this is and fix it fast.
uggggggly.
Yep here is a few more examples. The speaker cans as well can pretty much take out the entire view of the castle, although no great way to deal with that.

View attachment 84639 View attachment 84640 View attachment 84641 View attachment 84642 View attachment 84643
even more uuuugggggly.

Is there a way to hide them in the trees?! Why are those poles needed there?

That won't happen
thankfully. :D
Do we think that walls will be up around the Rose Garden and the other side of the hub soon?
I think they already are?

PhotoDave219

I'm sorry, but where did I say I was saying anything groundbreaking? I wasn't speaking towards the actual happenings moreso than the Code names and what they relate to. I assume most people on here know what a Code V is, but most probably don't know the rest.

Thank you for once again being a giant know it all though

Well here and I was trying to back you up and suggest she wouldn't get into trouble for any of that… But instead you took offense.

And I'm sorry you're jealous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom