Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

brihow

The concrete will slowly be changed out for new color. Similar to work now taking place in the inner hub.

do you mean it will all be changed to be red, or the red will be changed for the 'sand' color? If it's all going to be red then why didn't they just pour red concrete in the first place? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
do you mean it will all be changed to be red, or the red will be changed for the 'sand' color? If it's all going to be red then why didn't they just pour red concrete in the first place? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

No the sand color will be the final look. The hub / plaza will have more neutral tone / color that will tie in with the castle. There will be color transition from main street to hub and hub to other lands.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
My biggest question-regarding the artificial grass in the FP viewing gardens-how is the cleanup handled on this type of surface? Knowing how the hub looks after Wishes or the Electrical Parade, I can see this new viewing area full of popcorn, and piles of spilled ice cream and soda. Popcorn can be swept up but how do they clean the real messy stuff, quickly? I imagine that until it's hosed down, it's going to look like c*@p. I predict a changeover to brick pavers at some point in the future.....or a ban on refreshments in the new garden areas.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My biggest question-regarding the artificial grass in the FP viewing gardens-how is the cleanup handled on this type of surface? Knowing how the hub looks after Wishes or the Electrical Parade, I can see this new viewing area full of popcorn, and piles of spilled ice cream and soda. Popcorn can be swept up but how do they clean the real messy stuff, quickly? I imagine that until it's hosed down, it's going to look like c*@p. I predict a changeover to brick pavers at some point in the future.....or a ban on refreshments in the new garden areas.

Roomba!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How do they clean up real messy stuff anywhere else? It all looks like cr@p until it's cleaned up.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Believe me, Phil from TurfVac is going to keep visiting MK until he closes the sale.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
How do they clean up real messy stuff anywhere else? It all looks like cr@p until it's cleaned up.
When it's ice cream, they can sweep it up and throw some water on it...sure it's still a mess, but not as bad looking as when someone drops ice cream on an outdoor carpet. Generally they pressure wash the streets after hours, but when it comes to the grass, it seems as though they're going to have to do that in front of guests....

Sage of Time

There's a lot of red concrete still there... and in areas that aren't really going to be touched by the Hub expansion.

Does this mean there's going to be a massive repaving aspect to this project, too? Perhaps that's why permits go all the way to the end of November? Oy....

No the sand color will be the final look. The hub / plaza will have more neutral tone / color that will tie in with the castle. There will be color transition from main street to hub and hub to other lands.

ToTBellHop

There's a lot of red concrete still there... and in areas that aren't really going to be touched by the Hub expansion.

Does this mean there's going to be a massive repaving aspect to this project, too? Perhaps that's why permits go all the way to the end of November? Oy....
No. It's going to be a hodgepodge. Like it already is. MK has its own Project Kaleidoscope going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom