Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

roj2323

I may be in the minority, but I'm glad the in-wall benches are gone. They seem too modern for the Victorian/Medieval theme of the hub. Not to mention there's not much color (and not just because that's a black and white photo ;)).
I agree on the in wall benches but the high walled planters made it look nicer and more elegant from what I can tell.

Kman101

I love what they seem to be going for. I like that they're bringing back twinkling lights ... but that "grass"? It's, well, bright. I'll have to see it in person I guess.

Brian

Wow. That astroturf looks shockingly bad.

Congrats WDW, the hub now looks like one of the many mini-golf joints on 192.

I hate to be "that guy" but so many posts on this website complain about the "concrete jungle" that was the hub since the early 2000s, and how there is "nothing green" anymore. I'm not saying that TDO took these complaints into consideration, but for whatever reason, they decided to add trees and greenery (whether it be fake or not). Now I see all these complaints about how bad it looks.

Let's look at things in perspective and be grateful that every inch of ground they added isn't concrete.

And for the record, I'm pretty darn grateful for how wonderful the new pathways and gardens look. Yes, the "grass" in the FP+ area is clearly fake, but I'd take that any day over what many thought would be an even larger concrete jungle. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)

Last edited:

wdw_nerd

So is all the concrete in the hub going to be replaced with the tan-ish color or will it just be the outer ring or what?

and what exactly are they doing with the circle closest to the castle where the mickey statue is, just laying new concrete?

Clamman73

A comparison to where we're at (2/20) to where we're supposed to go...
aerialhub2:20.jpg
mkhub.jpeg

hpyhnt 1000

It is also worth remembering that there is less than a week to go at this point before at least one of the fireworks viewing areas needs to be open in order to honor FP+ reservations. Should see the West garden opened up in the next few days I imagine.

Plus, with March and spring break season (and more massive crowds) rapidly approaching, I'm sure there is a big push happening to get the East side opened ASAP.

It's been a long road, but we are getting there.

betty rose

I just don't see why there's no reason for our hub to be lined with benches. Disneyland's much smaller hub, that handles just as many people as ours, is filled to the brim with benches and they seem to handle it fine. It's ridiculous how few benches ours really has.
I love your thinking, just sayin'

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I just don't see why there's no reason for our hub to be lined with benches. Disneyland's much smaller hub, that handles just as many people as ours, is filled to the brim with benches and they seem to handle it fine. It's ridiculous how few benches ours really has.

The first sign of the anti-benchism in the company was the firing and inexplicable death (it is hard to believe that being thrown out of astrorbiter by a CM who recieved a big check from Disney that said, "thanks for offing the bench guy" in the lower left hand corner was accidental, but whatever) of the guy who was really into benches back when they put some effort into the promotional DVD.

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The first sign of the anti-benchism in the company was the firing and inexplicable death (it is hard to believe that being thrown out of astrorbiter by a CM who recieved a big check from Disney that said, "thanks for offing the bench guy" in the lower left hand corner, but whatever) of the guy who was really into benches back when they put some effort into the promotional DVD.
I think the anti-benchism started when they ran out of fountains for the anti-fountainism movement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom