Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Sage of Time

Is anyone else not crazy about the idea of turrets in the hub? My main argument would be that they don't fit with the Main Street theme, but I suppose a castle doesn't either. It just seems odd.

The ones at TDL are rather "in your face", so I hope they take a different (more subtle) direction with these.

I normally don't really mind big changes, but so many of my childhood memories are from the hub. Although, as with all projects, I will reserve judgement until completion of the project.
I agree. I'd rather see new versions of the Main Street/Victorian structures there.

SpaceMountain75

Here's a better picture of the new grass.
image.jpg

Photo by @cmdisbrow (Twitter)

ToTBellHop

no cutting, no getting destroyed nightly by foot traffic, not needing to be resodded daily? why would it not be practical for these reasons alone(not to mention the alternative is more concrete)
I guess that's the issue. The only other viable option is concrete. I'm sure those of us trying to walk around the park in the hour leading up to Wishes will be very thankful for these viewing sites (did you know you don't have to line up for Wishes an hour early?!).

note2001

Here's a better picture of the new grass.View attachment 83476
Photo by @cmdisbrow (Twitter)

This angle, with the sidewalk leading toward the castle, I like. I just wish it were a tone darker to match the natural grass down by the water as shown in another pic.

I guess that's the issue. The only other viable option is concrete. I'm sure those of us trying to walk around the park in the hour leading up to Wishes will be very thankful for these viewing sites (did you know you don't have to line up for Wishes an hour early?!).

Even if you were to miss lining up on main street, there's nothing quite like being on BTMRR with fireworks going off over the castle. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom