Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Monorail_Red_77

Do people exit on that side of the train? I thought it was only during the opening show that CMs were over there.

There is only one train left that has no wall on the left side of the train cars. This is the train that they use for the morning Welcome Show. The remainder of the trains that circle the park have a permanent wall on the left side so that the guests cannot exit on that side. It is a wall with a window section. In years past the trains did not have this safety feature, I believe they used to have just a chain there. This is why there is only one train with this now special left exit ability. During normal hours the train is not in use. I will try to find a pic for you on this.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
There is only one train left that has no wall on the left side of the train cars. This is the train that they use for the morning Welcome Show. The remainder of the trains that circle the park have a permanent wall on the left side so that the guests cannot exit on that side. It is a wall with a window section. In years past the trains did not have this safety feature, I believe they used to have just a chain there. This is why there is only one train with this now special left exit ability. During normal hours the train is not in use. I will try to find a pic for you on this.

So if this is true then the new rail was not put in due to "guests let their kids run around" as other people have said but mostly likely to protect the CMs during the opening show.

Monorail_Red_77

Do people exit on that side of the train? I thought it was only during the opening show that CMs were over there.

Here is a pic example with the wall below.

url

An older pic before the wall was added.
walt-disney-world-1993.png

I can't find a clear pic of the special train that is used during the morning show. but just imagine that you can walk onto the train and right off again on the left side. Like this pic below showing the normal guest entry/exit on the right side.

url

Also, by the way. I believe what others are mentioning here is that guests are sitting on the 3ft high wall at the base of the mickey face at the entrance to magic kingdom and then walking right up into the grass and flowers. Not that they are jumping the fence at the train station and walking down. the latter scenario is virtually impossible with the CM presence and all of the fencing in place at the train station level.

fngoofy

I know what they are, with respect. I knew two years ago. Thats what worries me.

I hope the "synthetic turf" is good.

Time will tell.
The synthetic turf my son plays soccer on is amazing. It gets an insane amount of traffic and holds up, drains, and looks beautiful.

Monorail_Red_77

So if this is true then the new rail was not put in due to "guests let their kids run around" as other people have said but mostly likely to protect the CMs during the opening show.
No the new rail is at the base of the mickey face, not up at the train station level.

Here is the fence that was added. It is at the bottom of the picture. It is not the fence at the top. The fence at the top has always been there.
2015-02-13 - MK ENTRANCE FENCE - 001.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Disneyland had a railing on their planter early on....

entrance_flowers1960rr-jpg.83252
I guess their planter is too low, so people sit on it. And it once faced a parking lot, in a big city, with a rowdier crowd than the once gentle MK one. As in every other aspect, the MK rectified and improved upon it. Pity we now too have a fence, I guess I'll add it as #3,086,165 of my list 'things that the MK was once superior in, but no longer'.

mnsshp_2008_09.jpg

note2001

In other news... Donald is planning to sue Disney on behalf of his fellow fowls. Whereas before they were given accomodations with a waterway near their natural food source (fries from Casey's corner) Disney has altered their living arrangements so that they now have to cross treacherous pathways of human foot traffic, strollers and ecvs all for that life sustaining food source. It's expected to take about 2 years to come to court by which time all plaintifs will be incapacitated and the law suit dropped.

donald_duck_broken_leg.png

mm52200

Was actually able to use (and enjoy) sitting on a bench at DHS yesterday. Granted, it was looking at Big Hero 6 and Baymax in the Animation Building, but it was still nice.
Actually on my last trip I came to love DHS even more because all along Hollywood Boulevard and over by Echo Lake they have so many benches and tables still, and lots of big full grown trees with plenty of shade. For some reason MK ops just doesn't think benches in the Hub are an option anymore even though Disneylands much smaller hub is filled to the brim with benches

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom