Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

halltd

One of the coolest things about my trip to Tokyo Disneyland was the crowd and how respectful they were during all the shows. There's an announcement before each parade and or nighttime show that says to not hold anything with an LCD screen above your head during the performance. My friend and I both laughed at this announcement and were like, "yeah like that's gonna happen". Well, in our two days there, and attendance of ALL the shows/parades, we never ONCE saw anyone put an LCD device over their head. It was astounding. They even have "sitting" sections on the concrete in the front of all the shows and everyone stays completely seated during fireworks, etc...

That alone says a LOT about the culture in the US.

Last edited:

Unplugged

Carry a squirt gun and soak the pad the next time you see this.
I was thinking there must be a way to make an EMP in a can to knock-out all these device in a range of 50' by popping the top of a "soda". While I'm an avid technology guy, I HATE the fact that ignorant people (ignorant as they only think of themselves with such uses) are holding up these damn things blocking the view of others. You want a photo? Bring a digital camera!

note2001

I was thinking there must be a way to make an EMP in a can to knock-out all these device in a range of 50' by popping the top of a "soda". While I'm an avid technology guy, I HATE the fact that ignorant people (ignorant as they only think of themselves with such uses) are holding up these **** things blocking the view of others. You want a photo? Bring a digital camera!

Better yet, put the electronics down and enjoy the show with your eyes verses a screen, then later go online because there's hundreds of others around you filming the exact same thing you are and some of them will be bound to put them up on youtube and flicker.

Last edited:

Unplugged

Better yet, put the electronics down and enjoy the show with your eyes verses a screen, then later go online because there's hundreds of others around you filming the exact same thing you are and some of them will be bound to put them up on youtube and flicker.
True Dat! Most people bring the point & shoot cameras and literally point & shoot, with no observation of the mode it's set too or that the flash is set to ON when taking a night photo of the castle during fireworks DOES NO GOOD and RUINS what it can get of the scene.

JLipnick

Fake grass is going in:

Looks....... okayish from afar? Hope it fares better up close.

ok, looks good but my first thought is what about wheelchairs and walkers? there appears to be a very narrow walkway surrounded by grass. is that for people to stand on while they watch the fireworks?

halltd

ok, looks good but my first thought is what about wheelchairs and walkers? there appears to be a very narrow walkway surrounded by grass. is that for people to stand on while they watch the fireworks?

The grass is artificial. So, that entire area (grass and pavement) will be filled with people watching fireworks at night...with a FastPass+ of course.

Vegas Disney Fan

One wonders if the trees are perhaps an act of defiance of the designers againt ops...

It's looks like a lot of trees are being placed between the old and new paths so I'd guess they are intentional to block the views of the castle from the new walking paths, not only pretty but a good way to prevent people from stopping to watch the shows and keep the walkways moving. Hopefully that means they won't be trimmed and will be allowed to fully mature and fill in the outer portion of the hub.

roj2323

Oh my God seriously I am so tired of this tree argument / complain fest. The hub is still under construction. Please hold your child like fits and complaints until after the construction is done at least. As it is Disney has done a lot to put in large trees replacing trees that were previously there and unfortunately ripped out during the construction. Please just give it a break and get back to the rest of the construction in the hub which is a huge project.

MarkTwain

It's looks like a lot of trees are being placed between the old and new paths so I'd guess they are intentional to block the views of the castle from the new walking paths, not only pretty but a good way to prevent people from stopping to watch the shows and keep the walkways moving. Hopefully that means they won't be trimmed and will be allowed to fully mature and fill in the outer portion of the hub.

A great idea, if Disney does in fact leave the trees in place. It should hopefully reduce the amount of waving and screaming that PAC cast members have to do to keep crowds moving. Less masking tape on the ground too - now the landscaping forms a natural barrier instead.

roj2323

A great idea, if Disney does in fact leave the trees in place. It should hopefully reduce the amount of waving and screaming that PAC cast members have to do to keep crowds moving. Less masking tape on the ground too - now the landscaping forms a natural barrier instead.
I've always thought the masking tape was bad show anyway. It's kinda wasteful as well realistically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom