Main Street Fountain Removal

hobovampire

If the intent is to use it as a bypass then yes it would be used by guests.
Mmm, perhaps I should word it better. Should be used and what would the path be taken to give the guests as little backstage viewing as possible since that's not very Disney to see backstage things. Is there a image of the one by the Buzz exit? I'm unable to look atm. Essentially, what are the logistics to turn it into a bypass? As in does anyone have an idea what it could look like? I usually lurk and I know where have good speculators here. :)

peter11435

Mmm, perhaps I should word it better. Should be used and what would the path be taken to give the guests as little backstage viewing as possible since that's not very Disney to see backstage things. Is there a image of the one by the Buzz exit? I'm unable to look atm. Essentially, what are the logistics to turn it into a bypass? As in does anyone have an idea what it could look like? I usually lurk and I know where have good speculators here. :)
It will look like backstage. Parking lot. Support equipment, unthemed backsides of buildings. Basically just like the bypass on the east side before they enhanced it. They have used the bypass on the west side before. This won't be the first time.

hobovampire

It will look like backstage. Parking lot. Support equipment, unthemed backsides of buildings. Basically just like the bypass on the east side before they enhanced it. They have used the bypass on the west side before. This won't be the first time.
Ahh, okay okay, aha. But, thank you.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So that's how they get their meat for the restaurants...

4556558.jpg

;)
I was actually going for some Monty Python...
...but Charleton Heston works, too.

beachlover4444

that area was nice for families with small children. we took the grandkids and it was a great place to calm them down on a hot day and hang out before we had our character lunch with pooh and tigger. I know they need space for fireworks viewing but they are killing the hub to make this huge open air space. ummm lets say, how about when it's too crowded at MK already, shut it down for entry and let the others stay at epcot, AK and HS to watch their night shows instead of hopping over just to see the night projection on the castle.

21stamps

that area was nice for families with small children. we took the grandkids and it was a great place to calm them down on a hot day and hang out before we had our character lunch with pooh and tigger. I know they need space for fireworks viewing but they are killing the hub to make this huge open air space. ummm lets say, how about when it's too crowded at MK already, shut it down for entry and let the others stay at epcot, AK and HS to watch their night shows instead of hopping over just to see the night projection on the castle.

Is the last sentence of your post sarcasm?

GymLeaderPhil

One of the things that hasn’t been mentioned in this thread is that the fountain, due to it’s constrained location and size, spilled water onto the walkway if there was even a slight breeze. I’m sure the combination of that plus also being a choke point for the bypass exit spelled it’s demise.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
One of the things that hasn’t been mentioned in this thread is that the fountain, due to it’s constrained location and size, spilled water onto the walkway if there was even a slight breeze. I’m sure the combination of that plus also being a choke point for the bypass exit spelled it’s demise.

... and the fact that it was a fountain. ;)

Sonconato

YES!

JoeCamel

Also, rookie question I know, but how will it be used as an effective bypass with the buildings there? Wouldn't they have to raze those to the ground first? Like remove the potties and such, especially since it was mentioned for parades, good heavens how on earth?
They will probably modify/relocate First Aid to widen the gate.

Obobru

I am supprised it lasted so long after the purge of water features a number of years ago where many were turned into planters.

The Empress Lilly

And yet, fountains were opened in the hub astroturf areas and at Gaston's. And throughout property outside of the MK.

Which belies speculation that the Adventureland and other fountains have been and are being closed for environmental reasons or any other anti-fountain policy.

The big driver of change this decade at the MK seems to be operational considerations to deal with the massive crowds. This seems to drive the destruction of the hub and now its perimeter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom