Main Street Fountain Removal

Movielover

Another beautiful quiet spot destroyed by TDO's unimaginative misuse of IP

tenor.gif

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Before HEA shows could be enjoyed virtually anywhere in the park. Now to see the signature show the hub had to be levelled and access provided cuz its all about the castle
I’d hardly call it a quiet spot, it’s at the entry/exit to baby care, so it is typically surrounded by crying babies and agitated parents.

Then throw in the nearby restrooms and entry to backstage.

JoeCamel

I’d hardly call it a quiet spot, it’s at the entry/exit to baby care, so it is typically surrounded by crying babies and agitated parents.

I did consider it a quiet spot. When I would meet people at the park it was there that we got together. The restrooms are/were some of the best in the park and there was always a seat on the Casey's overflow tables. Even had a payphone! Most people never knew the restrooms were there.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah, I agree with you. The poster has just lied again in a never ending deluge of negative posts just to be negative.

The Empress Lilly

Before HEA shows could be enjoyed virtually anywhere in the park. Now to see the signature show the hub had to be levelled and access provided cuz its all about the castle
You are right on all counts. Except that I think that you are far too positive and kind for these barbarians.

I try to avoid the 2014 hellhole hub by walking along the perimeter. If they now continue to destroy these too for crowd control because of franchise projections on the castle I'm running out of options.

Another quiet, secluded spot of paradise paved over and replaced by a crowd highway. :cry:

Notes from Neverland

I'd consider this area one of the most hectic in MK. People everywhere, full of babies and people trying to hit the restroom. After one trip to the restrooms there, we agreed to never go to those ones again.

GrammieBee

I have absolutely no idea if the fountain will return or not. Personally, I wouldn't bet on it.

If the area is crowded or relatively quiet depends on when you are there. We have seen it both ways.

Since we have been frequent visitors to The Magic Kingdom for over forty years we have noticed that quiet areas (or even not so quiet areas) where you could sit down and relaxed have gradually disappeared. After all, someone sitting is not potentially spending money on refreshments, meals, or in the stores. Maybe they are considered to be jaming up the traffic flow if they are not moving along with the crowds. Many of the changes to the hub have been made for the purpose of crowd control for the ever increasing number of people in the park..

Besides, running fountains costs money and time spent keeping them clean. Also,children (and some adults) like to splash in them.and make a mess. So anyway, like benches and trees it is probable that fountains are an endangered species.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I've never experienced it as quiet. The pathways are so narrow that you're constantly moving to get out of people's way. And given that it's a child care center, you have all the strollers trying to cram through the narrow paths.
Maybe you need to ask @wdwmagic when those pictures were taken so you can go at that time and experience it then. Looks pretty quiet in those pictures....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom