Main Street Fountain Removal

disneyC97

All of the above is true. At least they have the Friar’s Nook open now. I was thrilled to see it during our family trip last July. And I enjoyed the food there.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
While having the different options is really good, there is also something just inherently ridiculous about there only being one quick service venue that serves hot dogs and one venue that serves typical burgers* at the Magic Kingdom. These are easy, simple offers that don’t require a lot to do well (even if that seems to be a challenge with the burgers and pizza).
Are you counting corn dogs as hot dogs?

No Name

Imagine having a family with 3 kids and one wants a hot dog, a pizza and a burger and suddenly realizing that involves going to three different locations in MK.

EDIT: Just looked up the menu at Cosmic Ray's and while they have hot dogs and burgers, they do not have pizza.

In all fairness, a number of years ago, just about every place in the parks had the exact same menu options for kids. The Land pavilion was like heaven with fish on the menu. In my limited experience, the lack of variety was both frustrating and unhealthy for kids. I’d imagine many kids and their older folks are much happier with the way it is now. God forbid little Tommy can’t eat pizza for lunch and dinner 6 days in a row.

lazyboy97o

In all fairness, a number of years ago, just about every place in the parks had the exact same menu options for kids. The Land pavilion was like heaven with fish on the menu. In my limited experience, the lack of variety was both frustrating and unhealthy for kids. I’d imagine many kids and their older folks are much happier with the way it is now. God forbid little Tommy can’t eat pizza for lunch and dinner 6 days in a row.
It’s not that the menus should be the same everywhere, but that a park dealing with the number of people as the Magic Kingdom should 1) have more dining capacity today than 30 years ago and 2) not limit popular mainstays to only a single venue that has trouble keeping up with demand.

Purduevian

It’s not that the menus should be the same everywhere, but that a park dealing with the number of people as the Magic Kingdom should 1) have more dining capacity today than 30 years ago and 2) not limit popular mainstays to only a single venue that has trouble keeping up with demand.

Hot dogs can be found at:

Casey's Corner, Cosmic Ray's, The Friar's Nook, Liberty Square Market, The Lunching Pad, and Tortuga Tavern

Also Corn Dogs at Sleepy Hollow and Westward Ho

Animaniac93-98

Hot dogs can be found at:

Casey's Corner, Cosmic Ray's, The Friar's Nook, Liberty Square Market, The Lunching Pad, and Tortuga Tavern

Also Corn Dogs at Sleepy Hollow and Westward Ho

This assumes all those locations are open and the customer is aware of their existence and menus.

Purduevian

This assumes all those locations are open and the customer is aware of their existence and menus.

Other than the Tortuga Tavern... I don't think any of them are seasonal. What are they supposed to do? Stick a giant hot dog statue outside of every place that sells hot dogs? Just like any restaurant in the world, you just have to check the menu before deciding whether or not they want to eat there (on the app, or in person).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Back to the fountain, I forgot to post this, from March 11 as we were on our way out of the park.

IMG_2088.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom