Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This was part of the heavy negotiation between starbucks and disney - the lack of training of Disney CMs and starbucks demanding a much higher standard.

But why so long? I think that can be said for most Disney projects :)
I want to say it's normally 4 weeks but Disney has talked Starbucks down to allowing for just 2 weeks for in-park locations.

I buy into that agreement between Disney and Starbucks but they both knew that going in when they set the first time frame, that is why I kinda scoff at almost doubling the rehab time for CM training and hiring. Can you just imagine the payroll for training if that was true, Disney is too cheap for that. Likely Disney will not have new hires at Starbucks and they will move CMs with brain cells into those positions that have the ability to comprehend preparing coffee and a frappuccinos. Not thinking the vast majority of new Starbucks train their new hires for 5 months prior to the facility opening.

flynnibus

Premium Member
if you want to see voracious.. tell some starbucks employee all they do is pour coffee :) They'll rant on you on how much studying of beans they do, yadda, yadda, yadda. Serious.. just follow the formula your franchise was given and give the person their drink :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There are a couple of pictures floating around that show the current interior of the building and it has been completely gutted. They might have found an extra problem or two in that gutting.

Now that is an answer that is very plausible! Thanks.

scoobygirl39541

ok @StarWarsGirl95, we get it. You hate coffee. And I HATE soda but I don't throw a fit that Disney sells Pepsi products (or is it Coke? I really have no idea). Everyone has their own thing. Sorry you think yours is the only opinion that matters.

- signed, a huge coffee drinker and a soda hater

sweetpee_1993

Coming from someone who's not a coffee drinker...how am I supposed to know that? I'm just as content with the bottled Diet Coke they sell everywhere throughout the parks

Not being snarky or rude, just curious. If you have no idea about the vast array of coffee-based beverages, all the differences and preparations, etc. then why do you wage such discontent against them in general? I mean, that would be like me proclaiming that I totally hate something that I never really took the time or made the effort to understand and try. Wouldn't I have needed to give whatever the thing is a fair shake before proclaiming it awful and a company who sells said product abhorrent? I've read the last 3 pages of this thread and your comments all feel like they come from a place where you don't really know the Starbucks product, you've not enjoyed coffee in the past, thus this addition to the MK as well as Starbucks are the scourge of the earth. But you know, coffee is not like Coke. What you taste can vary so much in so many ways. Preparation, type of beverages, add-ins, etc. Really its a matter of knowing what your tastes are and translating them. And even in the world of coffee drinkers, every person who likes coffee will not like every coffee based beverage. I love coffee and there's all sorts of things that are coffee based that I don't like. To say Disney's offerings are superior anyway is absolutely not true. Even Disney's current little coffee spots and stands have never offered the variations and options that a good coffee shop offers. They offered enough I could order a (yes!) $4+ coffee and get by but it wasn't what I'd typically order. They simply didn't have what I like. In the past, when I've ordered at the Disney coffee stands or spots what I paid for the size and quality of what I got was not the same as going to a Starbucks or PJs. What I got was less quality, less add-in options, for less quantity at a similar or higher price. Tell me, how is Starbucks such an awful thing? They're going to offer more variety of coffee beverage options to people (and there's a LOT of us). You say you only drink diet sodas. That's cool. That's your preference. For me, I can't drink carbonated drinks. Believe me. I'd LOVE to. I can't. They swell me up so badly, makes my fingers feel so tight and my joints hurt. My husband was a lifelong Dr.Pepper man but can no longer have caffeine at all due to health problems. Starbucks offers us things that we can enjoy. Me? I love iced coffee, flavored with sugar-free syrups, sweetened with Splenda, with extra non-fat milk to further tone the bitter of the coffee. My husband loves to have the vanilla creme Frappucinos. There's no coffee in those. A non-coffee drinker hating the idea of an actual coffee shop is like me, a non-soda drinker, hating a soda stand or fountain. Just because I haven't found a liking for it doesn't make it bad. The world does not exist for my pleasure alone. Right?

As far as Starbucks as a company being evil in some way, do you really know anything about Starbucks? Really? Because all the neighborhood stores I've been in tend to be pretty civic-minded being proactive and involved in the communities they are part of. Even the corporate you see taking stands in different social and economic issues that are part of the world we live in. A company willing to be human and involved, I dunno, hard to see that as the pure evil some make it out to be. I may not agree with every one of the stances they take, the efforts they make, or what they do but that's okay. At least they are doing something and making some effort. Sure beats nothing in my book. That's just me.

emcclay

Coffee just makes me sick to my stomach. I'd rather have tea. But then again, I like carbonated beverages. I have to drink sugarless beverages or else I will gain weight. Cranberry juice is the only sugared item I will drink.

Besides, coffee has a higher caffeine content than diet soda. I do not need any more caffeine.
A batch of cranberry juice is allowed by the FDA to have a 10% mold content.
Diet soda is pretty much carbonated water infused with chemicals.

Yum.

Bolna

Coffee just makes me sick to my stomach. I'd rather have tea. But then again, I like carbonated beverages. I have to drink sugarless beverages or else I will gain weight. Cranberry juice is the only sugared item I will drink.

Besides, coffee has a higher caffeine content than diet soda. I do not need any more caffeine.

Have you ever considered drinking carbonated water? It's my main drink and it gives you that carbonated, refreshing feel without any calories, caffeine or chemicals. I sometimes mix it with a little bit of juice if I want some taste and it is still less sugar than juice on its own.

Goofyernmost

Have you ever considered drinking carbonated water? It's my main drink and it gives you that carbonated, refreshing feel without any calories, caffeine or chemicals. I sometimes mix it with a little bit of juice if I want some taste and it is still less sugar than juice on its own.
Tried carbonated water many times with the same results every time. The first thought that shoots through my mind is...OK, who rinsed their socks out in my water? Sorry, but the taste completely prohibits me from more then a little minor sip or two. My daughter has it as her main drink and I have that shock shake overcome me just watching her drink it. :eek:

Ariel484

Just because I haven't found a liking for it doesn't make it bad. The world does not exist for my pleasure alone. Right?
This quote alone applies to so many threads on this board...but I digress.

@StarWarsGirl95 - I didn't like coffee either when I was younger, but as I got older I began to like it more. Maybe you'll find that your tastes will change in a few years. :) (I say as I sit here drinking my skinny caramel latte...yum!)

GeneralKnowledge

Don't let the "diet" in diet soda fool you. It's still horrible for you, if not worse than regular soda. Oh and there are potential links between aspartame and cancer to boot. (http://wap.myfoxchicago.com/w/main/story/84108321/)

I've also recently read an article suggesting a link between aspartame and MS and even diabetes. The more I have observed, the more I've noticed that and awful lot of fat people drink an awful lot of diet soda.

Try giving up soda for a month or two and only drink water. Once your body is no longer used to a daily dose of soda, you won't crave it anymore. It's tough, but once you've kicked the addiction, you start to realize how much crap you've been ingesting by drinking soda daily.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Should we open up a Soda vs. Coffee post out in the Chit-Chat area where the benefits of each can be debated (coming from a consumer of both products).

On my end, I'm glad to see that based on the concept art my initial gut reaction to the news seems to be highly unfounded. Of course, I'm interested to see the final product, and how the seating is handled. I always go during low-season, and still find it difficult to find a place to sit in the bakery without having to play vulture watching someone eat the last few bites of their cinnamon roll, just waiting for their seat to open up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Should we open up a Soda vs. Coffee post out in the Chit-Chat area where the benefits of each can be debated (coming from a consumer of both products).

On my end, I'm glad to see that based on the concept art my initial gut reaction to the news seems to be highly unfounded. Of course, I'm interested to see the final product, and how the seating is handled. I always go during low-season, and still find it difficult to find a place to sit in the bakery without having to play vulture watching someone eat the last few bites of their cinnamon roll, just waiting for their seat to open up.
Considering how much pseudoscience is on both ends of that argument I vote a resounding no.

dupac

So is the location in DCA a full fledged Starbucks or a "proudly brew"? I'm wondering if I can use my Starbucks rewards in the MK.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So is the location in DCA a full fledged Starbucks or a "proudly brew"? I'm wondering if I can use my Starbucks rewards in the MK.
I am not sure what classification they have, but if I had to guess it would be the "proudly brew" one as Starbucks drinks are only one of a myriad of items they will sell.

dagobert

Why is there such an aversion against Starbucks? Of course tastes are different, but in my opinion Starbucks coffee is of a good quality. It's at least much better than Nescafe. For me Starbucks is something special, because over here we don't have many of them. In addition Starbucks uses fair trade coffee, which I think is great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom