Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
You'll sure show them, by gosh! ;) I don't drink coffee so I don't have a horse in this race, but it seems to me that you would be better served to maybe just stop in, look around and see if it is all the evil that you are currently anticipating. You might be surprised that it has done no harm at all, in fact, it might have even enhanced things. Open minds are rewarded much more often then closed ones. :)

The link below shows what they did in DCA.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/
Thanks. I would have seen it anyway. Am going to Disneyland in June. ;)

scpergj

I'm afraid that I have to take offense at that statement. I mean the mere use of the words coffee and good in the same paragraph is just incomprehensible. Incomprehensible I tell you!
Funny thing, that...

One of the guys I work with HATES coffee. Loves the smell, hated the taste. About three weeks ago, just out of the blue, started drinking it. Black, no cream, no sugar (yuck...). From a FRENCH PRESS!!!

Your point isn't that off from many people I know, though...to each their own!

scpergj

Coming from someone who's not a coffee drinker...how am I supposed to know that? I'm just as content with the bottled Diet Coke they sell everywhere throughout the parks
that I get...but not the diet coke part. I get migraines from artificial sweeteners - so I understand you now knowing!

ToTBellHop

With two 6-week old twins, coffee is a savior. And I'm sure when we take them to Disney for their 1st birthdays, we will have lots of Joffrey's and Starbucks coffee.

I'll take a mocha light frappuccino any day over the sugary frozen drinks they currently serve at WDW. And I have to say--I approve of the Bakery's look. Very similar to the old. The only real update (other than it getting a much needed full-refurbishment) is the one Starbucks logo. No different to me than the current menus all around that have Nescafe or Joffrey's logos.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
that I get...but not the diet coke part. I get migraines from artificial sweeteners - so I understand you now knowing!
Alas, I am a migraine sufferer as well. Diet soda, thank goodness, is not one of my triggers. My mom made me switch to diet one trip when she noticed I was gaining too much weight. Never gone back.

Coffee...I refuse.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Funny thing, that...

One of the guys I work with HATES coffee. Loves the smell, hated the taste. About three weeks ago, just out of the blue, started drinking it. Black, no cream, no sugar (yuck...). From a FRENCH PRESS!!!

Your point isn't that off from many people I know, though...to each their own!
What about people like me, who hate the smell and the taste? Lol

TinkerBell9988

Coming from someone who's not a coffee drinker...how am I supposed to know that? I'm just as content with the bottled Diet Coke they sell everywhere throughout the parks
They also sell iced teas and iced fruit drinks, another substitute for people who do not drink coffee. Check a menu out one day, its not so bad. ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What about people like me, who hate the smell and the taste? Lol
There is only one solution for people like you.:)

padded-room.jpg

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
They also sell iced teas and iced fruit drinks, another substitute for people who do not drink coffee. Check a menu out one day, its not so bad. ;)
I did. In Hawaii, at the Hilton Hawaiian, there was literally a Starbucks right below us, and I walked in, thought that everything looked horrible, and walked out.

I can't do the iced fruit drinks. Pineapple, Strawberry, and guava allergies make that tough. And I don't see the sense in paying $4-$5 for something I can make at home.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
You are quickly becoming one of my fav posters! Delightful humour all around! :D
I admit, I guffawed. Chortled even. Perhaps even a bit of a cackle. And I NEVER cackle....lol

Thank you. Many (and this oftentimes includes the missus) are annoyed by my sense of humor, so it is nice to have reassurance that it is not everybody. Perhaps, Steve will come to dislike you guys since your encouragement could cause me to get fired as I average 865.342 posts/day.

Your just lucky she did not steal your delicious meat tubes. THen you would have to go back online and get more meat.

Is the implication that I can order food from the German pavilion in EPCOT online? If so, don't sign me up. I take to many culinary chances as it is. Why just today, I chicken stir fry that was left in my dorm fridge, in my office, with the door ajar overnight. No signs of impending death, yet.

So wrong... but for some reason, I believe this really did happen to you ... ;)

I don't have proof, but I believe I did mention this incident the last time I wrote a trip report.
2010/2011 roughly....

There is only one solution for people like you.:)

padded-room.jpg

:D, awesome!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Looks pretty much the same as it was before. In other words, nothing to worry about.

I believe what is more of a concern is what the new bakery area will continue to carry and what it will not.
How much of the old Disney menu of baked/sweet goods will still be offered and how much will actually be
the baked/sweet, & sandwich offerings from the Starbucks line.

I do agree it looks very much the same so now I wonder why did the closure time come close to doubling?
Doesn't make sense.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I believe what is more of a concern is what the new bakery area will continue to carry and what it will not.
How much of the old Disney menu of baked/sweet goods will still be offered and how much will actually be
the baked/sweet, & sandwich offerings from the Starbucks line.

I do agree it looks very much the same so now I wonder why did the closure time come close to doubling?
Doesn't make sense.
There are a couple of pictures floating around that show the current interior of the building and it has been completely gutted. They might have found an extra problem or two in that gutting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom