Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I doubt that very much. I doubt Disney invests that much time into training CS CMs.
Except that these CS CMs will have to know how to make the hundred billion fancy coffee combinations, and do it to Starbucks standards, as well as any training that Disney sees fit.
Does anyone have an idea on how long a Starbucks barista trains? I saw varying answers when I searched on the 'ol Google.

ToTBellHop

Except that these CS CMs will have to know how to make the hundred billion fancy coffee combinations, and do it to Starbucks standards, as well as any training that Disney sees fit.
Does anyone have an idea on how long a Starbucks barista trains? I saw varying answers when I searched on the 'ol Google.
I want to say it's normally 4 weeks but Disney has talked Starbucks down to allowing for just 2 weeks for in-park locations.

baymenxpac

Alas, I am a migraine sufferer as well. Diet soda, thank goodness, is not one of my triggers. My mom made me switch to diet one trip when she noticed I was gaining too much weight. Never gone back.

Coffee...I refuse.

i never used to drink coffee, and used to drink a truck load of diet coke every single day. the decision to dump it was one of the best things i ever did. not trying to derail this (pointless) thread, but trust me: you'd be better off with coffee instead of diet soda.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I doubt that very much. I doubt Disney invests that much time into training CS CMs.

This was part of the heavy negotiation between starbucks and disney - the lack of training of Disney CMs and starbucks demanding a much higher standard.

But why so long? I think that can be said for most Disney projects :)

TinkerBell9988

I did. In Hawaii, at the Hilton Hawaiian, there was literally a Starbucks right below us, and I walked in, thought that everything looked horrible, and walked out.

I can't do the iced fruit drinks. Pineapple, Strawberry, and guava allergies make that tough. And I don't see the sense in paying $4-$5 for something I can make at home.

The bakery didn't really sell anything different, drink-wise, before its transformation into Starbucks. Save for bottled sodas and bottled waters, which you could find everywhere else in the park.

Also, sodas and water are more expensive in the parks than at a gas station or grocery store... So I don't see why price is an issue here. :shrug: Guess you can always buy your sodas at Hess before heading to MK.

StarWarsGirl

i never used to drink coffee, and used to drink a truck load of diet coke every single day. the decision to dump it was one of the best things i ever did. not trying to derail this (pointless) thread, but trust me: you'd be better off with coffee instead of diet soda.
Coffee just makes me sick to my stomach. I'd rather have tea. But then again, I like carbonated beverages. I have to drink sugarless beverages or else I will gain weight. Cranberry juice is the only sugared item I will drink.

Besides, coffee has a higher caffeine content than diet soda. I do not need any more caffeine.

StarWarsGirl

The bakery didn't really sell anything different, drink-wise, before its transformation into Starbucks. Save for bottled sodas and bottled waters, which you could find everywhere else in the park.

Also, sodas and water are more expensive in the parks than at a gas station or grocery store... So I don't see why price is an issue here. :shrug: Guess you can always buy your sodas at Hess before heading to MK.
But you see, you get more for your money with the soda. Plus, you can't take the regular drinks on rides, but you can keep the bottles. Also, the Starbucks products will probably cost more in Disney than elsewhere. Ya know, because that's just how Disney operates. A bottles soda was (I think) $4.50. Those starbucks products will probably run more like $6-$8 a piece, depending on the drink. Plus, I'm a My Coke Rewards member, so I can enter the codes and it pays back a little.
Also, I can't stand the smell of coffee. Walking into a Starbucks literally makes me gag. I'm just really anti-Starbucks. I feel like the money people spend there on a daily basis is ridiculous.
In the summer, because my family spends so much time at the pool, we get the refillable mugs. This cuts down on the cost, and I'll usually refill it on my way out to the parks. We get the two liter soda and keep it back at the room as well to help with the cost. At the water parks, we get the refill sticker.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, to each there own. But at the end of the day it's essentially one form of coffee being replaced by the other in the bakery and other locales....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But you see, you get more for your money with the soda. Plus, you can't take the regular drinks on rides, but you can keep the bottles. Also, the Starbucks products will probably cost more in Disney than elsewhere. Ya know, because that's just how Disney operates. A bottles soda was (I think) $4.50. Those starbucks products will probably run more like $6-$8 a piece, depending on the drink. Plus, I'm a My Coke Rewards member, so I can enter the codes and it pays back a little.
Also, I can't stand the smell of coffee. Walking into a Starbucks literally makes me gag. I'm just really anti-Starbucks. I feel like the money people spend there on a daily basis is ridiculous.
In the summer, because my family spends so much time at the pool, we get the refillable mugs. This cuts down on the cost, and I'll usually refill it on my way out to the parks. We get the two liter soda and keep it back at the room as well to help with the cost. At the water parks, we get the refill sticker.
If what they did at DL is any indication that will not be the case. The prices there are inline with any other Starbucks.

Genie of the Lamp

I think it's no question that both parties involved here (Disney and Starbucks) are really going to benefit from one another in this deal. My question is which party will get the "bang for the buck" quicker. To rephrase, which company will see higher profits from this deal: Disney or Starbucks. I don't know the contract specifics that's why I'm questioning/asking you folks. So Starbucks has already debuted at the DL parks in CA.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But you see, you get more for your money with the soda. Plus, you can't take the regular drinks on rides, but you can keep the bottles. Also, the Starbucks products will probably cost more in Disney than elsewhere. Ya know, because that's just how Disney operates. A bottles soda was (I think) $4.50. Those starbucks products will probably run more like $6-$8 a piece, depending on the drink

While this is a legit concern - Disney proved in DCA that it wasn't the case there.. so it's unlikely to be a problem in MK either.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think it's no question that both parties involved here (Disney and Starbucks) are really going to benefit from one another in this deal. My question is which party will get the "bang for the buck" quicker. To rephrase, which company will see higher profits from this deal: Disney or Starbucks. I don't know the contract specifics that's why I'm questioning/asking you folks.

If DCA is any indicator.. I'm sure both will be sitting back with fat pockets. Pig cafe was always very busy when I was there. As for profits.. remember... starbucks is going to make money while doing nothing... Disney is doing all the work. I think the sponsorship dollars involved are the biggest question.. but given starbucks popularity, I'm sure they'll be rolling large no problem.

Disney should see a noticble bump in their store revenue given the different pricing models and the brand recognition. I think Disney will be the 'happier' of the two in the result. But that's based purely on the idea of having a retail location rocking all day long.

baymenxpac

Coffee just makes me sick to my stomach. I'd rather have tea. But then again, I like carbonated beverages. I have to drink sugarless beverages or else I will gain weight. Cranberry juice is the only sugared item I will drink.

Besides, coffee has a higher caffeine content than diet soda. I do not need any more caffeine.

if you want to talk offline about this, let me know. too much to get into here, but you'd be better off for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom