Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

StarWarsGirl

Why would you or anyone be strongly against Starbucks at WDW??? I just don't get it?? Please don't tell me that it ruins the Main Street fantasy (It doesn't), or that you like the old coffee better (Nobody does). Disney is in the business to give people what they want on vacation and make money as well. People may not like Starbucks (I don't) but it is a recognized brand that will appeal to the masses and add more money in Disney's pockets. The MSB is not changing at all except to adda better brand of coffee. That's it. Now I need to go out and get me some Dunkin' Donuts!! The pictue above is making me hungry.
I just hate the organization. Granted, I'm not a coffee drinker, but to me, the last thing we need is more overpriced junk at Disney. Plus, I've been at Starbucks twice in my life. Disney has always had better selections, and I don't want Starbucks products to completely take over.

Plus, when it's 95 degrees and sunny, I fail to see who needs coffee.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I just hate the organization. Granted, I'm not a coffee drinker, but to me, the last thing we need is more overpriced junk at Disney. Plus, I've been at Starbucks twice in my life. Disney has always had better selections, and I don't want Starbucks products to completely take over.

Again, Starbucks coffee and its products aren't taking over the bakery. They're simply replacing the Nescafé coffee syrup, and complimenting what the bakery already sold.

And people enjoy coffee regardless of the time of day or temperature.....

StarWarsGirl

Again, Starbucks coffee and its products aren't taking over the bakery. They're simply replacing the Nescafé coffee syrup, and complimenting what the bakery already sold.

And people enjoy coffee regardless of the time of day or temperature.....
Like I said, I just hate the company and don't want it taking over what I consider to be my other home. I don't want Disney to let them replace it at all. I know that's not the plan for now, but I don't even want it as a viable option.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Like I said, I just hate the company and don't want it taking over what I consider to be my other home. I don't want Disney to let them replace it at all. I know that's not the plan for now, but I don't even want it as a viable option.

Well, you can simply visit the bakery without purchasing the coffee. But it will be coming to MK and the other parks as well....

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
It seems that it's not pictured simply because the above concept art photo is really only showcasing about half-60% of bakery.

I'm hoping you're right. With the opening to Crystal Arts shown, and knowing that ice cream is being scooped behind the perspective of the shot, I'm not sure where seating could be hiding.

Would be a bit of a bummer to buy a piece of cheesecake or cinnamon role with a beverage, and while attempting to manage that combo, be forced back out into Main Street sidewalk traffic.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm hoping you're right. With the opening to Crystal Arts shown, and knowing that ice cream is being scooped behind the perspective of the shot, I'm not sure where seating could be hiding.

Would be a bit of a bummer to buy a piece of cheesecake or cinnamon role with a beverage, and while attempting to manage that combo, be forced back out into Main Street sidewalk traffic.

Yes it would. I once made the bad decision of carrying a tray of beverages and brats from Germany to Norway (where my kids were eating these apple, ham sandwich things). Anyhoo, in the EPCOT map of my mind, it seemed like a short walk, but in RL it was ridiculous. Plus, an incredibly obese woman told her husband that she wanted to mug me and steal my delicious German meat tubes when I walked by.

scpergj

Iced coffee....and Frappuccino. Both cold, and quite good, too...

Goofyernmost

I know. I'm staging a one person rebellion by refusing to go in.
You'll sure show them, by gosh! ;) I don't drink coffee so I don't have a horse in this race, but it seems to me that you would be better served to maybe just stop in, look around and see if it is all the evil that you are currently anticipating. You might be surprised that it has done no harm at all, in fact, it might have even enhanced things. Open minds are rewarded much more often then closed ones. :)

The link below shows what they did in DCA.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

The Empress Lilly

Yes it would. I once made the bad decision of carrying a tray of beverages and brats from Germany to Norway (where my kids were eating these apple, ham sandwich things). Anyhoo, in the EPCOT map of my mind, it seemed like a short walk, but in RL it was ridiculous. Plus, an incredibly obese woman told her husband that she wanted to mug me and steal my delicious German meat tubes when I walked by.
You are quickly becoming one of my fav posters! Delightful humour all around! :D

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...

I admit, I guffawed. Chortled even. Perhaps even a bit of a cackle. And I NEVER cackle....lol

FIRE!!!! Kill the thread with fire!!

NukeOrbit.jpg

bgraham34

Your just lucky she did not steal your delicious meat tubes. THen you would have to go back online and get more meat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom