Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

captainkidd

No, I post in an adult and blunt style with honesty, facts, and opinions filled with passion and based on experience, knowledge and perspective.
I do think I often get called out because adults here often act like children and think I'm talking down to them when I'm, frankly, just over their heads.

I have no doubt that you see it that way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We really need to get some facts on the table here.

1. The Main Street Bakery will be getting an investment of cash and attention - which is a good thing for that location.
2. The low quality coffee served there will be replaced by something that is for most people a superior coffee.
3. There will be additional baked goods offered - something outside of the standard Disney items that are now appearing everywhere.
4. Most of the existing baked goods for those that have an attachment to them will continue to be offered.
5. IF the cinnamon rolls are removed, they can be obtained in the new Fantasyland.
6. The Starbucks signage will be minimal.
7. The name of the location will remain the same, as will the theme.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think you're right about "location"...this portion of the post in particular was, I thought, poorly worded:

Maybe would have been better to say "Main Street Bakery/Fountain View will begin selling Starbucks products" or whatever.

Yes, the poor wording has been pointed out throughout this thread. But people were getting worked up because they were taking information in isolation and not even looking at the rest of the blog post. What is a 'starbucks location'? They opened the article telling you what the context was, giving the Pig Cafe as the example. I think today's clarification being simply an update to the existing story instead of creating a new story is a bit of an admission of the poor wording of the original post. A new post would have put it on the top of the feed, but they didn't do that.. instead opt'ing to bury the clarification in an edit of the existing post. Kind of like 'ok, ok, I'll fix it.. but don't look at me while I do it'. It wasn't news - they were trying to clean up the mess they made. They screwed up and they had to fix it... but they aren't going to draw attention to the goof.

ParentsOf4

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.
Finally WDW stepped in front of this and got the right message out. WDW is now spinning this the way they should have from the start. This is now the Main Street Bakery selling "Starbucks signature beverages and other items". A ton of angst could have been avoided if they simply handled this properly.

And yes, WDW did butcher this with the original "Starbucks location" and "Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer" announcement.

It still makes me wonder why it needs to be closed for 5 months (assuming "early summer" is June) to switch over a menu. Sorry but I can't help but suspect that WDW had bigger changes planned for the location but after this firestorm, I'm sure they'll tone them down, If there were any ever planned in the first place. I'd greatly appreciate ideas why the Main Street Bakery needs to be closed for so long.

Splash Mountain is also closing for refurbishment around the same time. Do I smell another conspiracy?;) (That's a joke.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Update from the Disney Parks Blog

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

Thank you for posting this. I think this should end all debate. Well not all debate, but 35 of the 43 pages. All that is left is people who hate Starbucks as a corporate entity or those who just don't think anything in MK should ever change. Both valid opinions. No more false assumptions or hysterical over reaction necessary. The facts have been presented.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It still makes me wonder why it needs to be closed for 5 months (assuming "early summer" is June) to switch over a menu. Sorry but I can't help but suspect that WDW had bigger changes planned for the location but after this firestorm, I'm sure they'll tone them down, If there were ever even planned in the first place.

Plumbing.. counter and display case changes.. reorganized signage.. training.. paint... and then add to all of that probably a normal rehab of the area while you have it down for construction. There is lots to do here.. the starbucks brewing and prep systems need to be squeezed into an existing space as well as accommodate all the ways they order, fullfill, etc. The space needs to be reworked to accommodate all that.

Should it take 5months? Not for a normal organization.. but this is also the same company that is going to be taking nearly 2 years to build a set of bathrooms...

rudyjr13

I give it 30 days before the cinnamon rolls are back on the menu but great news. They should have said that in the first place.

misterID

In case anyone missed it...

1. The Main Street Bakery will be getting an investment of cash and attention - which is a good thing for that location.
2. The low quality coffee served there will be replaced by something that is for most people a superior coffee.
3. There will be additional baked goods offered - something outside of the standard Disney items that are now appearing everywhere.
4. Most of the existing baked goods for those that have an attachment to them will continue to be offered.
5. IF the cinnamon rolls are removed, they can be obtained in the new Fantasyland.

The name and the Cinnamon Rolls will be okay...

And the coffee will be outstanding. For once.

djlaosc

Can we have this, and the updated information from the Disney Blog included in the first post?

Zipadeelady

Well call me lazy for only reading pages 1 and 43, but I must say that I don't see what the problem is. The rolls will stay and the crap coffee goes. This should make everyone happ,y its a win win. Did anyone actually believe that the building would end up looking like the Starbucks down on your local corner?

captainkidd

It is quite easy to do and I do it with great regularity.

As do I.

To be honest, not that you care, but you shouldn't be lumped into that category. Generally, you are helpful and considerate. I just feel at times as though you forget that not everybody has the same information as you do. It's your job to an extent (I assume) to stay on top of all the details.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well call me lazy for only reading pages 1 and 43, but I must say that I don't see what the problem is. The rolls will stay and the crap coffee goes. This should make everyone happ,y its a win win. Did anyone actually believe that the building would end up looking like the Starbucks down on your local corner?
Can you direct me to the info indicating that the ciniman rolls were staying?

stevehousse

Cinnamon rolls are in belles village now! I knew everyone on here was over reacting for nothing! I can't wait to enjoy a frap at MK!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As do I.

To be honest, not that you care, but you shouldn't be lumped into that category. Generally, you are helpful and considerate. I just feel at times as though you forget that not everybody has the same information as you do. It's your job to an extent (I assume) to stay on top of all the details.
The thing is I don't have access to anymore info than anyone with an internet connection does. At best I might learn about a promotion coming out a day or two ahead of time. My main query was why you and several others came to the dire conclusion that you did about the addition of Starbucks to the Main St bakery when all I saw was the addition of a product and a remodel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom