Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

flynnibus

Premium Member
what @Lee said.

also, please keep in mind when talking about "starbucks locations" that this is a joint press release that both disney and starbucks executives, their respective in-house PR teams, and any outside consultants they use, had to sign off on.

It's not a press release - it's a company blog post. Not the same as your traditional PR you push out through your media agency with ghost writers, rounds of approval, etc.

If the previous article's text got proofed by anyone I would be shocked given it was so poorly phrased. And why they had to update it after the fact.

awilliams4

All this confusion and dissent doesn't really surprise me. Disney's press releases always seem to raise more questions than answers. Maybe they should hire Universal's PR team.
I blame it on people myself. As my wife and I were reading all the typical predictable complaints last night we were saying to ourselves, why do people think that Disney is really going to put STARBUCKs all over the place on this remodeling. I mean come on! Sure enough, as expected, the Main Street Bakery is just getting a makeover with some Starbucks added, the world is not coming to an end, Climate Change is real and unskewedpolls.com is in fact a bunch of bull!

WDW1974

See.. it's this type of built in bias that keeps people wound up over nothing.. It's not replacing the bakery.

Yes. It would be nice if maybe the mods could simply delete posts that have incorrect information like this that helps the feeding frenzy continue ...

But hey it worked, all that MAGICal ranting by 'the base' got the party to react. This morning's Parks Blog update was a DIRECT result of this thread and the insane (hey, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it) fervor it sparked.

So, bois and gals, just think the power you might have if you actually complained about something worthwhile that caused an issue for Disney in this bold new Social Media era. You know like the thread on attractions SQ that has ... maybe two dozen posts or the thread of Splash Mountain crumbling with riders on it that has maybe four dozen.

Always whining about the wrong stuff ... and that IS why WDW never gets nice things.

WDW1974

If you have hard data, why don't you answer Yoda's request for information?

I'm going by what I've read as it sticks out to me. Why can't you accept the fact that just because someone has a different opinion than you, that doesn't make them wrong?

Because sometimes it does. ... That is why Lou Mongello is wrong about WDW never being better/
people have all sorts of crazy opinions ... like left-handed people are dumber that righties or that whatever minorities they have an issue with aren't as good as they are. They are opinions. They ARE WRONG.

captainkidd

Why don't the CocaCola signs on Casey's or the Edy's signs on the ice cream parlor pull you out of the fantasy?

Because those are both brands of food, not food locations. You don't see too many Coke or Edy's Ice Cream stores.

And I'll admit - The more I'm reading, the less worried I am getting. It does seem (and I use that word strongly) that the drinks and some snacks of Starbucks will be integrated into the Bakery instead of vice versa. I honestly didn't get that feeling from the initial press release.

flynnibus

Premium Member
OK, so my opinion is baseless because of the lack of information but it is wrong because the information is out there?

Which is it?

Wow... you really need someone to bold the text for you again? It's a conversation not even 2 hours old you are free to go back and read at your lesiure. I said "to make you face your own baseless statement"

I know what's going to happen. I'm not happy about it.

ParkMan73

Yep - after all this, it seems like a relatively minor change. I think having the Bakery sell Starbucks coffee (and other drinks) is a good idea. I work with people who travel a lot. One thing we all agree on is that having a Starbucks where we travel provides for a decent, consistent cup of coffee in the morning. Having Starbucks available will help makes folks morning cup of coffee just a bit more comfortable.

captainkidd

Wow... you really need someone to bold the text for you again? It's a conversation not even 2 hours old you are free to go back and read at your lesiure. I said "to make you face your own baseless statement"

Honestly, when it comes to conversations with you, Yoda or WDW1974, I get completely lost. You all post in such a manner of talking down to people, I can't keep track of which one I'm replying to.

PeoplemoverTTA

A funny observation...

There are some passionate people here who seem to firmly believe that that the average guest will notice that Starbucks is "in" (which is debatable, as it will be intricately themed and worked into MSUSA) Walt Disney World. Not only that they will notice, but that they will be vehemently opposed to it.

Are these the same average guests who won't notice the chipped paint, broken effects and other declining quality?

Boy, average guests are fickle. I guess they only notice things that serve certain people's arguments :rolleyes:

(This is genuinely not directed at anyone in particular, as I haven't been able to keep up with the entire thread. Just a general observation)

WDW1974

Like the cutting edge trackless ride system coming to Sea World?!

At least the folks in this thread proved one thing, the Celebration Place Cabal is watching this forum.

Of course they are. That was never in doubt. But doesn't it warm the cockles of your heart to know Tommy or Blondie or Gary is being paid to sit in a cublicle in CP and read over these one by one and print them out (cause they know some of them are bound to disappear).

I find it embarassing for both this community and Disney ... coffee ... all about coffee.

Goofyernmost

It's funny that folks are latching onto the word "location" like it only has one meaning. Years ago I was publishing an advertising newspaper and when we discussed circulation we always stated that we had locations in a variety of stores. The word comes from the word "locate". We told people where they could find our paper. We called them locations. Not once did we ever take over the business, we were just naming where the public could locate it. The word doesn't designate ownership, it designates presence.:cool: Now if they had said, there will be a Starbucks Store on Main Street, then maybe there might be a reason for concern.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Honestly, when it comes to conversations with you, Yoda or WDW1974, I get completely lost. You all post in such a manner of talking down to people, I can't keep track of which one I'm replying to.

Maybe you should try reading your posts again before replying - or consider consulting a second opinion of your posts before you reply? As for me talking down to people... maybe try seeing what lead up to the post and study how the conversation got to that point. You might find things shockingly consistent - which I outlined just last night. It's all right here for you to read - you just have to actually open your eyes.

WDW1974

No, I post in an adult and blunt style with honesty, facts, and opinions filled with passion and based on experience, knowledge and perspective.
I do think I often get called out because adults here often act like children and think I'm talking down to them when I'm, frankly, just over their heads.

captainkidd

Maybe you should try reading your posts again before replying - or consider consulting a second opinion of your posts before you reply? As for me talking down to people... maybe try seeing what lead up to the post and study how the conversation got to that point. You might find things shockingly consistent - which I outlined just last night. It's all right here for you to read - you just have to actually open your eyes.

Not necessary. We have different personalities. I don't care what someone posts, I don't go out of my way to be mean to them. People are entitled to opinions and people may not have as much knowledge on a specific subject as I have. So be it. I see no need to talk down to people. There's enough hatred and meanness in the world. I don't want to add to it.

Ariel484

It's funny that folks are latching onto the word "location" like it only has one meaning. Years ago I was publishing an advertising newspaper and when we discussed circulation we always stated that we had locations in a variety of stores. The word comes from the word "locate". We told people where they could find our paper. We called them locations. Not once did we ever take over the business, we were just naming where the public could locate it. The word doesn't designate ownership, it designates presence.:cool: Now if they had said, there will be a Starbucks Store on Main Street, then maybe there might be a reason for concern.

I think you're right about "location"...this portion of the post in particular was, I thought, poorly worded:

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

Maybe would have been better to say "Main Street Bakery/Fountain View will begin selling Starbucks products" or whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom