Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Vader2112

I wonder if that's what it will be called. Kind of funny and sad at the same time.
I understand completely nd I said this before and it may even sound stupid or naive when speaking of on huge corporation setting up shop with another.
It is like a mirror of the times Starbucks replacing the local little bakery or coffee shop on the main street where we live or grew up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes.

It's not the food I have the main problem with. Obviously, I won't be happy if they're not served there, but from what I understand, they will be served at Gaston's.
So what exactly are you so mad about? The theme of the place is not changing. As far as I can tell the name of the place will even remain the same. All that is happening is a remodel and the addition of Starbucks coffee and the some theme appropriate signage.

RAXIP

Update from the Disney Parks Blog

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

captainkidd

So what exactly are you so mad about? The theme of the place is not changing. As far as I can tell the name of the place will even remain the same. All that is happening is a remodel and the addition of Starbucks coffee and the some theme appropriate signage.

I've already stated it at least 3 times, but I'll do it again:

1.Though not the main issue for me, I do have concerns about the food being taken away.
2.I go to Disney to escape the real world, not have it smack dab in the middle of Main Street USA.
3.Lines at Starbucks are notoriously long. Best case scenario, nothing else changes other than they add the Starbucks line of beverages to the menu, thus creating even longer lines than the Bakery already has.
4.I have no problems with sponsors. As has been stated time and again, Disney has always had them. But there's a big difference between having a sponsorship logo underneath a sign and having that sponsor have it's own establishment inside of the Magic Kingdom.

captainkidd

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

Well, at least it's keeping it's name. That's a good sign.

Also nice to know I'm not the only one concerned about the cinnamon rolls.:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've already stated it at least 3 times, but I'll do it again:

1.Though not the main issue for me, I do have concerns about the food being taken away.
2.I go to Disney to escape the real world, not have it smack dab in the middle of Main Street USA.
3.Lines at Starbucks are notoriously long. Best case scenario, nothing else changes other than they add the Starbucks line of beverages to the menu, thus creating even longer lines than the Bakery already has.
4.I have no problems with sponsors. As has been stated time and again, Disney has always had them. But there's a big difference between having a sponsorship logo underneath a sign and having that sponsor have it's own establishment inside of the Magic Kingdom.
Maybe it is just me but if a Starbucks logo is going to take you out of the fantasy how did you deal with McDonald's being in numerous locations in all of the parks? Third party food vendors have been a part of Disney since day one of Disneyland. If you are just now having an issue with it you are about 57 years late to the party. Also, just a thought, but don't you think they know how popular this will be will be and part of the reason for the remodel will be to modify the place to better handle the crowds. Lastly, since you do not go to Starbucks you might not know how quickly they move people. The one I commonly go to on the weekends rarely has a line less than 20 people deep and I rarely spend more than 5-10 minutes between entering and exiting. I have little doubt that after this place has been open for a week that it will run like a machine.

Ariel484

UPDATE

Quoting this in case people missed it...

And I thought I read somewhere that the locations in WDW will have 4 espresso machines, where normal Starbucks locations have 2? :confused: Something like that?

misterID

And tried to direct the conversation to another park.....which is what I was pointing out.

Actually, I was talking about the outrage and energy focused on the Bakery changing... Which isn't, except for the coffee and some rolls (that you'll still find in the park). I mean, it's sort of like all the side conversations (among others) about coffee, which you didn't have a problem with, yet you chose to get irked about the energy being focused on a Bakery that really isn't changing, when it could be focused on something that actually mattered... And the fact it was a topic of discussion before in the thread (misplaced outrage on things that don't matter over things that do) I was adding my opinion to the thread. Thanks for taking an interest.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Actually, I was talking about the outrage and energy focused on the Bakery changing... Which isn't, except for the coffee and some rolls (that you'll still find in the park). I mean, it's sort of like all the side conversations (among others) about coffee, which you didn't have a problem with, yet you chose to get rked about the energy being focused on a Bakery that really isn't changing, when it could be focused on something that actually mattered... And the fact it was a topic of discussion before in the thread (misplaced outrage on things that don't matter over things that do) I was adding my opinion to the thread. Thanks for taking an interest.
What may not matter to you matters to others.

Goofyernmost

Who knows what the majority of Disney guests think? They're not on these boards or on their Facebook page. Point being, the majority of people that do know about it aren't happy about it.

I know what's going to happen. I'm not happy about it. You just refuse to acknowledge the reasons why. You just insist that those opposed to this have no idea what's going on. While some may not, most do and still have a problem with it. You're just ignoring the reasons why people have a problem with this, assuming you know why they do.

You're are probably correct. I just have this thing about reacting to something that I have no first hand knowledge of and I refuse to not understand history in reality, not in fantasy. Who knows, when this actually becomes a reality, I might hate it, but since neither I nor you know what reality will be I prefer to wait and see what it will be instead of shooting at shadows. Any reference to how it will be a total disaster is just way more hyperbole than I can get behind.

You stated that you "know what's going to happen"! OK, how do you know what's going to happen? Have you read the contracts? Have you seen the plans? What is your basis of knowledge? As far as the majority of people that do know about it, well, I have read through this entire thread and quite frankly fail to see a majority opinion other than that majority saying, let's see what happens.

Ariel484

From 10 posts ago?

Yep, because no one else commented on it. ETA: Two people commented on it...my bad! :) People are concerned about the location becoming a 100% Starbucks location, and now we have confirmation that

1. It's still going to be called the Main Street Bakery
2. Main Street Bakery items will still be on the menu

Seems like an important update that no one commented on (ETA: Again, 2 people - my bad!), and this thread is moving so fast that I wasn't sure anyone saw it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom