Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes they are. They half most everything they do. There hasn't been a big project (or small) that they haven't reduced the budget on. Just because you live in the land of delusions, doesn't change that fact.

Cheap, yes definitely but I wouldn't say everything they do is half , just with an eye (or sometimes both) on the budget. When something finally gets approved they usually do a good job with it still (FLE is a good example).

Never got one of these red angry faces before. Not sure if I should be flattered or freightened. Nothing personal, just my opinion.

ParentsOf4

Want to really get upset? Imagine all those napkins embossed with the Starbucks logo. Maybe even have a picture of Mickey holding a cup of Starbucks.
Ah napkins, my twin DD's favorite subject. They'd actually like those napkins. OK, WDW can have a Starbucks on Main Street as long at they bring back printed napkins.;)

Prof Ecks

I only read a smattering of the responses to this news, but I want to just join in for the record. This is one of the worst things that Disney has done in a long time. They are destroying a place that has created millions of magical moments for people with something that will create 0 magical moments for people. Main Street Bakery had personality and originality. Replacing it with a Starbucks is like sticking a piece of the Mall where a piece of my heart used to be.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Why do people keep comparing what happened in DL to what will happen in WDW? When was the last TDO did anything in Orlando as well as it was done in California?
Like flynnibus said, the deal they made like a year ago announced this would be happening at all the parks. Why mess up the model that already works? There is literally no reason why they would do it differently at MK. EVERY SINGLE THING that's been said so far is exactly like it is out here in SoCal. Period-specific costumes? Check. Still serving up "Disney bakery favorites"? Check. And it's highly doubtful that they're going to just straight-up change the name to Starbucks. Saying things like they're not going to have Disney bakery items because they didn't say each one specifically in the post is also ridiculous - it's common sense. And every Disney bakery item found at DCA's Starbucks is the actual DISNEY bakery item - it's not different because it's in a Starbucks location.

djlaosc

I only read a smattering of the responses to this news, but I want to just join in for the record. This is one of the worst things that Disney has done in a long time. They are destroying a place that has created millions of magical moments for people with something that will create 0 magical moments for people. Main Street Bakery had personality and originality. Replacing it with a Starbucks is like sticking a piece of the Mall where a piece of my heart used to be.

They aren't replacing it with your typical Starbucks - it will fit in with Main Street!

SirLink

WDW fans are extremely loyal, too loyal for their own good. However, according to this week's conference call to report annual results, there are fewer loyal WDW fans today than there were 12 months ago. I'm sure adding a Starbucks to Main Street USA will win back their loyalty.o_O

This deal will have no impact on whether WDW fans come or don't come - actually it will we are getting better coffee than Nescrape.

Actually it points to the fact first timers and/or Disney fans are moving to where quality resides in Parks and Resorts. Or in another way they are visiting the cool teenage twins and visiting the self made brother, but ignoring the greasy acne brother who goes to uni(as in University).

bubbles1812

Cheap, yes definitely but I wouldn't say everything they do is half , just with an eye (or sometimes both) on the budget. When something finally gets approved they usually do a good job with it still (FLE is a good example).

They focus way too much on the budget. FLE is nice... I call it very pretty to look at but the attractions lack some substance. And it's nothing to what the place could have been/original plans called for. I find that sad that most plans are reduced and the truly innovative things are the ones that are axed. Sorry, that's what I was trying to get at when saying they half things.

Never got one of these red angry faces before. Not sure if I should be flattered or freightened. Nothing personal, just my opinion.
It is a special club, that's for sure ;)

GiveMeTheMusic

I doubt it will get a name change. The location in DCA is called Fiddler, Fifer, & Practical Cafe (as in the Three Little Pigs). There is a sign out front with the Starbucks name on it, but it is period-specific. The Starbucks logo is not visible anywhere on the building exterior.

You better pump your brakes! A friend emailed me the concept art for the new location - the MK store (to be renamed The Main Street Starbucks Free Wi-Fi Superstore) will have a 20 foot tall neon Starbucks sign out front! I am this mad right now - :mad:! They're even replacing Ariel's new meet-n-greet with the Starbucks siren! SHE HAS TWO TAILS. TWO!

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

puntagordabob

the bakery is really unique....sure hope this does not take that uniqueness away....after all Starbucks is all over the place these days just like McDonalds.

RSoxNo1

So you're saying that someone is going to pay park admission so that they can sit in Starbucks and use their laptops. This is a wealthy class of hangers outers.:cool: It will make it easier to find management cause they will all be there.

Want to really get upset? Imagine all those napkins embossed with the Starbucks logo. Maybe even have a picture of Mickey holding a cup of Starbucks.
Printed or Embossed napkins in a Disney park? I don't believe that's possible.

FutureCEO

Next Up: Wal Mart and Target takes over Downtown Disney

but this is really crappy news if all the desserts goes...where am I supposed to get my PB Cupcake now?

mickeysbrother

If you don't like wasting time standing in a line, the Disney should never be on you list of places to go. I also doubt you will get faster or better service if it is starbucks, expect the same speed maybe even slower because the increased options will only add to the time required to fill orders.

Ok let me Rephrase my sentence. I don't enjoy waiting in line for sweets or breakfast stuff. And BTW it will be my 45 trip to the world and i have never waited in line for food!!!! Mind you i always seem to go when any line is minimal.

WDWFigment

Dear all 463 people that signed that petition,
What do you think is going to happen here? Do you think hipsters are going to move into the Main Street Bakery to work on their indie screen play? Do you think there's going to be a sudden break in the theming of the land? Do you think that the giant greedy corporation of Starbucks doesn't fit on Main Street?

Starbucks is valued at $38.09 Billion dollars. The current sponsor of the Main Street Bakery and Fountain View Ice Cream is Edy's. Edy's parent company is Nestle, and they're valued at $121.1 Billion dollars. We should praise Disney for bringing in small businesses.

But no... you're all correct, we should look down upon Disney for bringing in a higher quality product than what they already have. We should criticize them for theming it in such a way that fits with Main Street USA. We should complain when they address one of the largest complaints of any guest on property because we all fear change. We should continue to complain about things that are actually improving and ignore the things that aren't.

@WDW1974 is right. People are complaining about the wrong things, Disney fans are their own worst enemy. They wouldn't know quality if it came up and bit them in the a$$.

NOT TRUE. COKE CORNER RUINED DISNEYLAND IN THE 1950S AND NOW DISNEY HAS DECIDED TO RUIN WALT DISNEY WORLD, TOO, BY BRINGING BETTER COFFEE-DRINKS TO AN APPROPRIATELY THEMED LOCATION. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED (BESIDES THE DOZENS OF OTHER TIMES THAT IT HAS HAPPENED).

WALT WOULD BE ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE EVEN THOUGH HE MADE DEALS WITH LOTS OF CORPORATE SPONSORS AND EVEN BUILT A RESTAURANT TO TRY TO WOO MORE. THIS JUST ISN'T THE SAME FOR SOME REASON. I SIGNED THE PETITION BECAUSE I JUST KNOW THERE IS DISNEY MAGIC OUT THERE AND IF MAGIC GETS US TO 500 SIGNATURES, PIXIE DUST WILL CARRY US THE REST OF THE WAY AND DISNEY WILL BREACH A POTENTIALLY LUCRATIVE AND SENSIBLE CONTRACT WITH STARBUCKS TO APPEASE THE 500 OF US. WWWD=NOT THIS.

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

TalkingHead

Starbucks has nearly 20,000 locations around the world, including 13,000 in the US.

Nice to see some of that unique charm added to MK.

Polydweller

One thing I have noticed on these forums over time - Whenever a big announcement is made, there are always people who have been here for a while with a very low post count that always seem to show up and bash the people who are against changing the essence of Disney World. Why is that?
Hmm, considering that on opening day in October 1971 Main St Bakery was sponsored by Sara Lee, even had the Sara Lee sign hanging on Main St, not sure what your point is. If anything, that's what the true tradition of Main St WDW is. And seeing a sponsor coming to the bakery is just acknowledging what Disney has always done at DL and WDW, it's not bashing people. Sponsors are the tradition and if one truly wants tradition back then the petitions should be asking for a return of Sara Lee.

Besides, using post count is always a very poor measure of what people know and whether or not people care about WDW.

kings&giants

I just worry that the "look" will be changed. I honestly don't care what kind of coffee is served (Disney needs some help in the coffee area anyway) & who it is sponsored by as long as it still looks like Main Street Bakery and not my local Target.

theRIOT

New
One thing I have noticed on these forums over time - Whenever a big announcement is made, there are always people who have been here for a while with a very low post count that always seem to show up and bash the people who are against changing the essence of Disney World. Why is that?​
Because a few of us have real lives. I've been reading the news on this site since 2005. I don't post often, unless it's something that interests or bothers me. I also enjoy hearing from the insiders on the boards. Sorry, that makes you better than me.

Disney has been changing the essence of WDW since the 90's. It's not getting any better.
I know, I've lived it. Former MK CM right here. ;)

People are spouting off in multiple posts like TDO is going to tear down the MSB and put up a brick and mortar Starbucks with a giant green sign. Look at the DCA pix. The signs are tiny and are well-themed. It will be exactly the same here.

The CM's working there will be Disney CMs trained by Starbucks to handle the coffee machines. No one is losing a job. And the baked goods that we're all fuming about are not baked on MSUSA. They're made on property in an industrial kitchen where the same yummy treats ship to several locations.

Again look at DCA. They have both Disney desserts and the Starbucks ones.

Not all change at WDW is good. This will be. At least for the coffee drinkers. C'mon, do any of you really like Nascafe?

Anyone?

Didn't think so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom