Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

captainkidd

I can't believe this freakout in this thread. It's still going to have the same bakery products AND Starbucks products! Its essentially being PLUSSED and getting a name change!

Yet to be seen. If the same food is offered, and it doesn't become a place to hang out with your laptops, they could serve horse pee for the coffee and it would have no affect on me.

Tom Morrow

Well its fair to assume that they will do the same as they did in DCA and still sell the same bakery products.

Also, regarding prices... Starbucks prices are standard Starbucks prices in DCA as well. And Universal. No, you won't be paying $20 for a tall espresso.

RSoxNo1

FTR, there are 463 signatures on the petition that was started earlier today. Shocked if anything comes of it, but that's more than a lot of these online petitions get.
Dear all 463 people that signed that petition,
What do you think is going to happen here? Do you think hipsters are going to move into the Main Street Bakery to work on their indie screen play? Do you think there's going to be a sudden break in the theming of the land? Do you think that the giant greedy corporation of Starbucks doesn't fit on Main Street?

Starbucks is valued at $38.09 Billion dollars. The current sponsor of the Main Street Bakery and Fountain View Ice Cream is Edy's. Edy's parent company is Nestle, and they're valued at $121.1 Billion dollars. We should praise Disney for bringing in small businesses.

But no... you're all correct, we should look down upon Disney for bringing in a higher quality product than what they already have. We should criticize them for theming it in such a way that fits with Main Street USA. We should complain when they address one of the largest complaints of any guest on property because we all fear change. We should continue to complain about things that are actually improving and ignore the things that aren't.

@WDW1974 is right. People are complaining about the wrong things, Disney fans are their own worst enemy. They wouldn't know quality if it came up and bit them in the a$$.

djlaosc

I think those are different because neither one had one specific item that was a WDW staple. The Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls are probably as much a staple as Dole Whips.

But no one is saying that they are getting rid of the Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls! Didn't someone just posted a picture of a Starbucks cup beside a cinnamon roll at DCA?

captainkidd

Someone mentioned the Cinnamon Rolls are being served someplace else in Fantasyland.

1.Where is this?
2.Do they sell milk there?
3.Are there tables to sit at?
4.Are there adequate napkins to wipe my face with?

captainkidd

Why do people keep comparing what happened in DL to what will happen in WDW? When was the last TDO did anything in Orlando as well as it was done in California?

Mr Wizard

If they are just going to sell Starbucks items with no major changes to the outside of the building, fine. As has been stated already many other products have their names and logos prominently plastered on menues and behind counters. But to redo the whole store inside and out to be a typical Starbucks, which the six months does sound like I have to admit, would be Worst-Idea-Ever ! ! ! !

ParentsOf4

People are complaining about the wrong things, Disney fans are their own worst enemy. They wouldn't know quality if it came up and bit them in the a$$.
Yes, Disney fans don't know quality. That's why they foolishly return to WDW again and again despite years of declining quality and skyrocketing prices. TWDC is most fortunate that Disney fans don't appreciate quality.:rolleyes:

djlaosc

If they are just going to sell Starbucks items with no major changes to the outside of the building, fine. As has been stated already many other products have their names and logos prominently plastered on menues and behind counters. But to redo the whole store inside and out to be a typical Starbucks, which the six months does sound like I have to admit, would be Worst-Idea-Ever ! ! ! !

They aren't going to be doing that - it is still going to fit on Main Street - maybe they're just changing the layout of the place so that it's better?

The Empress Lilly

Wow, WDW's guests are indeed WDW's worst enemy.

You would have something that is unique be replaced by something you find on every street corner? So much has been destroyed on MS, turning the street in an ordinary strip mall, and still people are clamouring for more?

People really would applaud the destruction of the entire West Street and its flower market for twelve feet of floorspace of generic stuff one can get everywhere else in America.

'I'm going to Disney with the kids! We'll be visiting Starbucks, and McDonalds, and a Planet Hollywood store!'.

SirLink

Yes, Disney fans don't know quality. That's why they foolishly return to WDW again and again despite years of declining quality and skyrocketing prices. TWDC is most fortunate that Disney fans don't appreciate quality.:rolleyes:

Well doesn't that just prove WDW fans are loyal ... Disney fans have 3 alternatives no scratch that they have 4 alternatives if they want to go on a Disney holiday and appreciate Disney quality.

RAXIP

Did you even read the original article.
Disney Parks Blog said:
Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom