Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Awww... that is terrible! Why would you want to do that???? Not a good idea to take out Main Street Bakery for a starbucks. Whoever jumped on this idea shouldn't be working at Disney anymore. Couldn't they have just added coffee from starbucks to the menu at the bakery? or even just added it to another area of the park. But to completely redo the bakery to make it starbuck-ey is a shame. I know that so many people will be devistated to walk in the park expecting to get a baked good, and a seat in the traditional bakery, and get a starbucks. I seen that they will be selling some of the food originally offered at the bakery, but will it still be the same? Probably not...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If they are just going to sell Starbucks items with no major changes to the outside of the building, fine. As has been stated already many other products have their names and logos prominently plastered on menues and behind counters. But to redo the whole store inside and out to be a typical Starbucks, which the six months does sound like I have to admit, would be Worst-Idea-Ever ! ! ! !

Read the article, read the rest of this thread. They literally just finished a multi-month refurb of the outside of the buildings on main street this summer. TDO is cheap. They wouldn't spend money to refurb a building when they could get a 3rd party to pay for it. No chance it will look like a Regular Starbucks on the outside. None. For the inside they need a lot of additional equipment and the layout will probably change. They may have been due for a refurb anyway. The Ice Cream parlor just closed for a 3 month refurb this past summer. The buildings are old and I don't know when the last major refurb was. If you are assuming that the 6 month time frame means that they are gutting the inside to make a regular Starbucks that is unlikely.

The Empress Lilly

WDW fans are extremely loyal, too loyal for their own good. However, according to this week's conference call to report annual results, there are fewer loyal WDW fans today than there were 12 months ago. I'm sure adding a Starbucks to Main Street USA will win back their loyalty.o_O
Dude, of course WDW wins me back this way! I mean, where else will I ever get a chance to visit a Starbucks? I'm booking a trans Atlantic flight as we speak!

djlaosc

Awww... that is terrible! Why would you want to do that???? Not a good idea to take out Main Street Bakery for a starbucks. Whoever jumped on this idea shouldn't be working at Disney anymore. Couldn't they have just added coffee from starbucks to the menu at the bakery? or even just added it to another area of the park. But to completely redo the bakery to make it starbuck-ey is a shame. I know that so many people will be devistated to walk in the park expecting to get a baked good, and a seat in the traditional bakery, and get a starbucks. I seen that they will be selling some of the food originally offered at the bakery, but will it still be the same? Probably not...

They aren't making it "starbuck-ey" - it will still fit in with Main Street USA!

ParentsOf4

Somebody important at TDO thought a Starbucks on Main Street was a good idea.

I wonder how many TDO executives show up for work with a cup of Starbucks in their hands.

jdmdisney99

I wonder how many TDO executives show up for work with a cup of Starbucks in their hands.
Exec. 1:"So what should we add in the parks?
Exec. 2 looks at the coffee cups on the table and says, "How 'bout a Starbucks?"
:p

GoofGoof

Premium Member

And how many MK cast members will be hitting Starbucks now... If no guests bought the coffee they would probably still be profitable. From an economic standpoint it's a great idea. Bad coffee now, high demand for coffee, add popular coffee spot = big profits.

gonnichi

Im soooooooo Happy WDW found another way to make tons of money. Im spending more and more of my money at Universal. WDW is becoming less and less of a very special place for me to visit. When WDW first opened it was an amazing example of how the furture of vacationing could be. It was really groundbreaking. Ive just about given up on WDW, this may be the last staw. Change is never easy. If this means more major changes to Main Street im not sure how Im going to react to tell the truth. Lets hope that not much will change for the worst from this and that this is only a change for the better.

Jo DeVil

Why didn't they just build a cafe in new Fantasyland for Starbucks?

I am so confused, Main St Bakery always has a queue, it is so popular. Why anyone would want to give up the food they serve for an Artisan breakfast sandwich and an over priced cup of warm milk with a shot of coffee in it!!!!!! What about the Cinnamon Rolls????? They should have built a new one in Fantasy land but probably couldn't risk the competition from Main St Bakery and no one buying Starbucks crappy cakes. Another Sad Say. TTFN Jo

captainkidd

I am so confused, Main St Bakery always has a queue, it is so popular. Why anyone would want to give up the food they serve for an Artisan breakfast sandwich and an over priced cup of warm milk with a shot of coffee in it!!!!!! What about the Cinnamon Rolls????? They should have built a new one in Fantasy land but probably couldn't risk the competition from Main St Bakery and no one buying Starbucks crappy cakes. Another Sad Say. TTFN Jo

Because they'll get money from Starbucks as a sponsor, and potentially have Starbucks employees working there thus savings on salaries and benefits.

Oh yeah - They also don't give a crap about what any of us thinks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One thing I have noticed on these forums over time - Whenever a big announcement is made, there are always people who have been here for a while with a very low post count that always seem to show up and bash the people who are against changing the essence of Disney World. Why is that?

Usually, that does seem to be the case, but it seems pretty even on this thread. Lots of low post count people who are dead set against this. Just my observation.

Goofyernmost

Yet to be seen. If the same food is offered, and it doesn't become a place to hang out with your laptops, they could serve horse pee for the coffee and it would have no affect on me.

So you're saying that someone is going to pay park admission so that they can sit in Starbucks and use their laptops. This is a wealthy class of hangers outers.:cool: It will make it easier to find management cause they will all be there.

Someone mentioned the Cinnamon Rolls are being served someplace else in Fantasyland.

4.Are there adequate napkins to wipe my face with?

Want to really get upset? Imagine all those napkins embossed with the Starbucks logo. Maybe even have a picture of Mickey holding a cup of Starbucks.

djlaosc

They may not be getting rid of the food currently at the Bakery
They may not be getting rid of the cinnamon rolls

doctornick

I can't believe this freakout in this thread. It's still going to have the same bakery products AND Starbucks products! Its essentially being PLUSSED and getting a name change!

Do we even know if it is getting a name change? It isn't going to be called Starbucks; I've assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it will continue to be called Main Street Bakery, but will have some Starbucks signage and some renovations to the interior in addition to a product change of adding Starbucks' coffee and food.

epcot2004

Outrageous! Shame on Disney! If we all stay away from this they will be forced to bring back the original bakery. We never skipped eating there even on weekend trips. I love Starbucks but not in place of MSB; could have been added to an under performing area.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I expect this means that they will be Starbucks and Disney trained. They'll go through traditions, and whatever the Starbucks equivalent is.

It means just as it does in Cali - they are Disney F&B people that have additional training (2 weeks worth according to an old Al article) designed by Starbucks to operate and know the Starbucks products and tools.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom