Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

captainkidd

FTR, there are 463 signatures on the petition that was started earlier today. Shocked if anything comes of it, but that's more than a lot of these online petitions get.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am just amazed at two things, one is the number of fans who don't drink coffee (apparently, coffee and alcohol are a no go for many in the fan community ... tempted to make a Utah or a Mitt joke, but I won't), and the other is how they all sat back for the past 15 years as MSUSA was totally turned into an outlet mall for the Disney BRAND and didn't say squat, but how this -- an actual improvement --gets ripped. What is with you people?

Agreed - clinging to yesterday's scraps and missing the bigger picture. Its much akin to the 'I've been visiting since 2007 and I think the place is great!' posts.

But it's also the same mentality that just wants to repeat elements of past successes instead of build new ones. 'They did that in Ride1.. so all rides must be that way'. Copying instead of understanding.

After seeing what they did with the Pig Cafe in DCA - I'm not worried honestly. The staff is probably better trained then the Disney F&B people anyways.

I see it as an improved menu and sponsor changes. Not much more than that.

SirLink

Um, yeah - I'm what's known as a doom and gloomer. I have no problem calling Disney out on their crap. Anyone that has been here a while can back me up on that.

If Disney proves me wrong and simply adds Starbucks coffee to the menu, then I'll admit to being wrong and overreacting. I just don't believe that a 6 month close of shop is going only to entail changing the brand of coffee served.

I'm sometimes called a D+G yeah as well. But like Spirit says this is good not bad. Take this anger towards Starbucks and right a letter, send an email, telephone all of Disney management about the the real issues of WDW.

No 6 months are to install Starbucks Barista machines and training, and they will be selling Starbucks items as well as Disney. Disney aren't going to simply take a fee from Starbucks when they can sell their own product as well as Starbucks products and gain more revenue again.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It will take that long to paint the logo on. Haven't you seen how long the FLE project has dragged out for? Meanwhile, at Universal, Transformers will be open before the Main Street Bakery.

tumblr_mc7zxuK1bm1qfybz2.gif

And let's not forget the Starbucks partnership was announced 6 months ago, and was in progress for a LONG LONG time before that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It has already been confirmed - It will be Starbucks employees working there trained by Disney, not the other way around.

And for those not paying attention to the history of all this.. the reason for the Starbucks participation was because SB found Disney's employees INCAPABLE to meet their standards.

http://miceage.micechat.com/mc/mc041812a.htm

I don't have the articles handy right now, but I think the final conclusion was Disney employees trained by starbucks.

RSoxNo1

Let's put Friendly's in for the ice cream parlor, 7-11 for the confectionary and Kohls in for the clothing shops on Main Street. Really terrible idea. I'm a past employee and go on vacation there all the time and couldn't disagree with this money grabbing decision more. Last thing Disney needed was a Starbucks and if you did want to open one put it in Downtown Disney where many non Disney companies set up shop.
You mean Edy's for the ice cream parlor and Coca Cola for the Hot Dog place?

The Empress Lilly

You mean Edy's for the ice cream parlor and Coca Cola for the Hot Dog place?
But Edy's and Coke are brands of products. Not places one visits.

It is fine for the Bakery to serve Nescafé coffee, or any other brand of coffee. (Even that 'hot mud' Starbucks!) But not for it to be turned into a coffee house chain. Just like it is fine to serve Heinz Ketchup in New Fantasyland, but not to turn Be Our Guest into a Burger King.

captainkidd

But Edy's and Coke are brands of products. Not places one visits.

It is fine for the Bakery to serve Nescafé coffee, or any other brand of coffee. (Even that 'hot mud' Starbucks!) But not for it to be turned into a coffee house chain. Just like it is fine to serve Heinz Ketchup in New Fantasyland, but not to turn Be Our Guest into a Burger King.

Exactly.

StarWarsGirl

What.

The.

Heck.

You have got to be kidding me. That is one of my favorite places to get Cotton Candy, right next to Sweet Spells in Hollywood Studios. They got rid of McDonald's in their parks several years ago, and now it seems like they are replacing it with Starbucks.

Please wake me up from this nightmare. One...two...three...nope, still here! WHY!?

I have set foot in Starbucks a mere two times in my life. I do not need in in the place I consider a second home. Who needs coffee in the middle of August in Florida? I certainly don't. I don't even like coffee!

captainkidd

What.

The.

Heck.

You have got to be kidding me. That is one of my favorite places to get Cotton Candy, right next to Sweet Spells in Hollywood Studios. They got rid of McDonald's in their parks several years ago, and now it seems like they are replacing it with Starbucks.

Please wake me up from this nightmare. One...two...three...nope, still here! WHY!?

I have set foot in Starbucks a mere two times in my life. I do not need in in the place I consider a second home. Who needs coffee in the middle of August in Florida? I certainly don't. I don't even like coffee!

You're confusing the Bakery with the Confectionery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom